Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Now YOU are being dishonest pal, and you certainly know better.

He didn't have more goal contributions, that is bollocks. They had both sets of nubers (goals and assists) that were used up at the ceremony for both players, and he was a good few behind. He was even behind Mbappe I think. He wasn't the top scorer in any of the competitions he played in.

Haaland broke records and was the top in every one of his. He won the 3 biggest trophies in club football, with record goals. I'm sorry, but even with the world cup, Haaland hands down had the better season, in all competitions.

Messi deserves to be in the conversation, for his world cup contribution. And pure Sentiment.

And that's exactly why he was given it, last chance to wave off an all time great. Just the quirk of timing, and unfortunate that a season that might never be repeated goes unrewarded. But let's not pretend it is anything more than that.
See the post above.

Best World Cup ever? Watch Maradonna 86 if you want to see a player who won the World Cup.
The fact he’s playing MLS says it all really
I saw Maradona's entire 86 run. He wasn't as consistent as Messi in 2022. Diego really had just two legendary performances in that WC: vs England in the quarters and vs Belgium in the semis. The rest ranged from good (Italy and South Korea) to almost non-existent (round of 16 vs Uruguay, the final vs Germany if not for the last assist).

Best World Cup ever ? It's all about opinions but I suspect you are too young to remember 1970 in Mexico.
Now that was IMHO the best in my lifetime. The quality of football was outstanding from start to finish. From a FIFA point of view the success of Qatar was the size of bungs received in exchange for staging the tournament.
I'm talking about individual performance from a player.

lol how and why was messi’s best individual season compared to woolian ?
Messi won wc and farmers cup whereas woolian won wc , uefa , pl and fa cup.
How can you say without a tinted glass that woolian doesn’t deserve to be even in the discussion is beyond me ?
Because Messi played more, played better and posted better individual stats.

Julian won the WC but he wasn't as important as Messi on that run. He also won the UCL but he wasn't even a starter. Messi clearly had a better individual season that Julian.

I saw Maradona's entire 86 run. He wasn't as consistent as Messi in 2022. Diego really had just two legendary performances in that WC: vs England in the quarters and vs Belgium in the semis. The rest ranged from good (Italy and South Korea) to almost non-existent (round of 16 vs Uruguay, the final vs Germany if not for the last assist).
Well you’re the only person I’ve ever known dismiss Maradonnas performance at that World Cup, well done

Here are Messi's and Haaland's numbers for the 22/23 season:

9b3c1a2816a1dc2f002885ac6ca044d3c4a7c976.jpeg

Messi has literally better numbers while winning the same but with the bigger trophy. It would have been fair for either guy to win. I can't understand why would anyone scream "robbery" on this scenario.
Nice graphic. Bullshit though.

The real numbers were shown at the ceremony. Messi was on 50, 40 in the league 10 in the world cup.

International friendlies have never counted, nice try, but dishonest.

Bye now.

Kane is going to win it next year isn’t he?
If he keeps up his current form, Bayern win the Champions League and England win the Euros then he definitely will.

If we retain the CL and neither England or France win the Euros then Haaland has a good chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.