Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

It would be nice for a City player to win, and I think Haaland winning the UCL golden boot and setting the single season record for the toughest league in the world should be enough to win it, but im not losing sleep if a City player doesn't win.

The Ballon D'Or is a popularity contest that means the most to kids who use the names "Pessi" and "Penaldo" without irony.

I want trophies that are lifted in a stadium.

It would be nice for a City player to win, and I think Haaland winning the UCL golden boot and setting the single season record for the toughest league in the world should be enough to win it, but im not losing sleep if a City player doesn't win.

The Ballon D'Or is a popularity contest that means the most to kids who use the names "Pessi" and "Penaldo" without irony.

I want trophies that are lifted in a stadium.
Exactly this. Never cared for this competition and there's no need to start caring now.

Haaland don't win this time he will need to hit similar numbers and to win the champs league! Because we can see it now Bellingham will be pushed all the way next year just because he is at madrid!

John Stones is the most underrated player in the history of World football poor guy never gets recognised.

Haaland should absolutely walk it but due to a world Cup that a team of 25 won Messi will take it despite winning less trophies than Alvarez.

Another bollocks award.

It's a media popularity reward! If Haaland did exactly as Messi he wouldn't even be in the talk! When you been the best for so long you get to know how to push the buttons in voting media! Messi on the pitch mainly comes a cross as happy nice guy! But he is a money grabbing lizard

Nobody thinks any of us (as in Haaland) will win it. So why bother?

Players are passengers anyways. For all we know Haaland will win the trophy in 2 years time playing for Real.

I support City. Its a team sport anyways so I immensely enjoy every win and piece of silverware for the team and us fans.

And take the bias in that goes with every individual selection, i ask again: why bother?

Gvardiol over Stones for example is laughable.
e Bernie shouldn't be there over Stones(neither should Gvardiol)

why do you think gvardiol shouldn’t be there and the idea is laughable even?

he won a club trophy with leipzig (like english fa cup) and had an individually stellar performance plus bronze medal as the best player for croatia in qatar.

then you have saka, odegaard, bellingham and kane who literally won nothing, zero, nada, niente last season.
but gvardiol shouldn’t be nominated? genuinely curious.

why do you think gvardiol shouldn’t be there and the idea is laughable even?

he won a club trophy with leipzig (like english fa cup) and had an individually stellar performance plus bronze medal as the best player for croatia in qatar.

then you have saka, odegaard, bellingham and kane who literally won nothing, zero, nada, niente last season.
but gvardiol shouldn’t be nominated? genuinely curious.

I'm saying the idea of Gvardiol over Stones is laughable.

I just picked him out as I was only aware of the City nominations at the time. Having seen the full list now there are many more laughable nominations over Stones, those 4 you mentioned I agree are just as laughable over Stones.

I'm saying the idea of Gvardiol over Stones is laughable.

I just picked him out as I was only aware of the City nominations at the time. Having seen the full list now there are many more laughable nominations over Stones, those 4 you mentioned I agree are just as laughable over Stones.

Stones had an excellent ending to the season, the last third of it.

For that alone, not enough to be in it for me, eventhough he was brilliant that portion of the season.

No idea how good or consistent gvardiol was, he had an excellent world cup, and seemed to be a regular for his club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.