Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

I'm really surprised Stones isn't in there. Dias is an absolute rock but Stones' ability to not only be one of the best CB's in the world but also move into midfield with an exceptional performance in both the FA Cup final and CL final should have seen him get a place in the list in my opinion.

Where English players are usually overhyped, Stones still seems to be significantly underrated by the majority of people in this country. I can't think of many other players who would be able to perform the role Pep asked of him last season to such a high level. His stats in the CL final were comparable to Messi despite him being a CB/DM hybrid.

Well, everyone with the slightest understanding of football would vote for Haaland in this... If it were a vote about the best footballer.

But it's not.

Quite right. It's a lifetime achievement award for Messi. He won the World Cup which everyone had put against him as the missing piece so he'll win it regardless of the fact he did very little for PSG and is now playing in the States.

The question has often been asked of who is going to take the mantle from Messi and Ronaldo, well there are plenty of players who are willing and worthy once they stop putting those two on a pedestal.

Messi will get it it's a sentimental World Cup win media pushing it plus it be Messi's last one ever! We have a couple of players who should be getting it before messi but it's the media world we live in sheep or just put bias nothing to do on achievements!

Haaland
Premier League
Champions League
FA Cup
UEFA Super Cup
Premier League Golden Boot
Champions League Golden Shoe
⚽️ Premier League Single Season goals record
⚽️ Six Hat tricks
⚽️ 5 goals in a single CL game
Sports Writers POTY
PFA POTY
Champions League POTY
MCFC POTY

Messi
Ligue 1
World Cup
⚽️ MLS goal of the month

Messis time is over and has been for 2 years.
Great kudos for getting it over the line for Argentina and completing his set. But this season there should only be one winner and its Haaland.

Messi will get it, that's obviously. Maybe he should share it with the officials that kept giving his team penalties in every game after they got dicked by Saudi Arabia, half of them didn't get a VAR check. I like Messi, but nobody can convince me Argentina didn't get a some help navigating through that world cup.

Haaland should get it, but there's no chance.

Reactions: PPT
Haaland
Premier League
Champions League
FA Cup
UEFA Super Cup
Premier League Golden Boot
Champions League Golden Shoe
️ Premier League Single Season goals record
️ Six Hat tricks
️ 5 goals in a single CL game
Sports Writers POTY
PFA POTY
Champions League POTY
MCFC POTY

Messi
Ligue 1
World Cup
️ MLS goal of the month

Messis time is over and has been for 2 years.
Great kudos for getting it over the line for Argentina and completing his set. But this season there should only be one winner and its Haaland.

Yep but sentimentality and bias will give it to Messi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.