Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

I really don’t get how Saka can be nominated over Rashford though, I don’t just get the criteria for this stuff.

Why are people all negative and acting like Messi would win it though. Let the process play out first but I feel like people are already feeling defeated.

I really don’t get how Saka can be nominated over Rashford though, I don’t just get the criteria for this stuff.

Why are people all negative and acting like Messi would win it though. Let the process play out first but I feel like people are already feeling defeated.
Rashford will get the barn door. Or maybe he will miss that one too.

Because Saka is better than Rashford.

And because the bettin odds have Messi as a near guarantee.

Much to my dismay I feel that Messi once more will get the award due to his "one man show" in last years World Cup finals.
It should be Haaland by a country mile but unfortunately you can see the media voting for Messi once again.
Come on you media tossers prove me wrong.

I was trying to find the criteria for selecting the Ballon D'OR. This is what I found....

The three main criteria when the jury member is making their decisions are: Individual and collective performance from the previous season, a player’s class and their career.

All criteria will result in very subjective responses. How do you objectively rate a player's class? It's really open to interpretation. Plus, if they are rating a player's career relative newcomers unlikely to win.

In short, it's a popularity contest and I will be surprised if a City player wins it.

Over the whole season Messi not the best player, but he's going to get the emotional vote sadly.
Is it not 100 journalists that have 5 votes each?

That will explain why international tournaments take precedent over domestic success as these journalists follow different national leagues.

There can only be 2 winners really. Haaland or Alvarez, depending on the weighting you put on WC over domestic and continental success.

That being said, Messi will probably walk it.

For me:

Haaland
Alvarez
Rodri
Messi

In reality.

Messi
Haaland
De Bruyne
Rodri

Reactions: Bez
If they give it to Messi it majorly devalues the award. World Cup aside, he has done relatively little domestically and no longer plays in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.