Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Hardly a surprise, I would've bet my house on it.

Of course over the course of a whole year it's undeserved but there was no chance he was not winning it because of the world cup, partly due to the ref giving them dodgy penalties almost every game after Saudi Arabia embarrassed them.

Nobody can convince me they weren't helped out to navigate through the world cup with soft penalties in plenty of games.

If the World Cup is the deciding factor then Alvarez wins hands down , he won a treble and a World Cup and made massive impacts on all the trophies , as others have said , its a sentimental decision because Messi will never win it again , no doubt he will end up back at Barca if they can scrape the money together for his wages but he will not be anywhere near a Balon D'Or in the future.

I’m fine with giving this to Messi a lifetime achievement sort of award (even if that is not the intent). I have no doubt Haaland will have many wins in his future and I’m sure he isn’t losing sleep over this one.

If the World Cup is the deciding factor then Alvarez wins hands down , he won a treble and a World Cup and made massive impacts on all the trophies , as others have said , its a sentimental decision because Messi will never win it again , no doubt he will end up back at Barca if they can scrape the money together for his wages but he will not be anywhere near a Balon D'Or in the future.
If we win the club World Cup, Alavarez should get a picture with all 6 trophies he’s won this year, I doubt anyone would be able to better it or has achieved it.

I’m fine with giving this to Messi a lifetime achievement sort of award (even if that is not the intent). I have no doubt Haaland will have many wins in his future and I’m sure he isn’t losing sleep over this one.

Imo Haaland is nowhere near good enough a footballer to ever win it.

Purely footballing wise Messi makes him look a 6 year old with mobility issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.