Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

madmank said:
From The Mcfc os
Manchester City can confirm that we have today submitted an appeal following the dismissal of Mario Balotelli for violent conduct during Sunday's 2-0 victory at West Bromwich Albion.

The claim will be heard by an FA independent regulatory commission tomorrow, Tuesday November 9.

Fingers crossed.

so basically all depends on tomorrow whether he can now play on Wed, but there is a chance he can play Wed? anyone know what time they usually make these decisions? or could it be any time throughout the day?

Re: Balo's out for wednesday

What a load of crap.

If they appeal the red card, it can only go two ways.
Either we win and its rescinded, or we lose and the fa deem the
appeal frivolous and add an extra game to the three.

Balo cant 'accept' it as a yellow.

Poor journalism.

Plus how come the hearing is so quick? Rio's last year was heard on the thursday
after they appealed so he could play in the derby...hmmm

Or is this a case of 1+1=3?

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/media/...nary/DHandbook201011.ashx/DHandbook201011.pdf

The appeal has to be lodged and be with the fa within 3 workings days after the incident ie Wednesday 5pm. Says so in its own rules...or am I missing something?

Matty said:
You can't downgrade a card once its issued, you can only have it completely recinded. We can't claim the red should have been a yellow, we have to prove it wasn't worthy of any card at all. Now it's clear to see a yellow was probably justifiable so we'd never win an outright appeal against the card, by agreeing to the red and a 1 match ban we CAN appeal the length or the sentence, it's a slight manipulation of the rules but it does give the FA a chance to reduce the sentence without reducing the card. Having said that I'd be surprised if this worked.
Like you said a red can't be changed to a yellow so we don't have to prove that it wasnt worth any card all city have to do is prove that it didn't merit a red, we can stand up and argue that it was a yellow card get the red recinded and he plays on Wednesday without any further punishment as the f.a. cant do anything retrospectively as the referee saw the incident and dealt with it at the time all be it wrongly. There seems to be some confusion as to what the club are appealing but I think they should appeal the whole thing as this is one I really believe we can win

sorry if i sound stupid, so if successful tomorrow he can play Wed?

He's got a lot of growing up to do, but is worth it.

I think we saw our long term attacking combo against brom. Tevez, silva and balo.

No One Understands said:
Frank the Yank said:
Balotelli is his own worst enemy!! The guy is immature and comes across as the worst kind of pampered, sheltered spoiled brat athlete. He should be banned for being feloniously stupid in his approach. Hes got lots of talent though. Everytime he gets challenged/tackled he acts as though he shouldnt allowed to be touched. WTF???

Amazing how you consistently prove my point about yourself
huh?? Whats your point then??

alib said:
1.618034 said:
How on Earth can we accept the red card but not the automatic punishment...?

Expect another game to be added to the list for a frivolous appeal.

FFS

it says on the official MCFC website that we are appealing the red card for violent conduct

If you look at the wording it doesn't say that. We don't address any specifics of what was being appealed - just that "an appeal" had been submitted.

1.618034 said:
How on Earth can we accept the red card but not the automatic punishment...?

Expect another game to be added to the list for a frivolous appeal.

FFS

Ive seen it time and time again and its not a red card. He was trying to get his leg out and pulled his leg away not pushed it towards the player. A frivolous appeal is Arsenals for thier defender who was quite rightly sent off for professional foul as last man on saturday.

TVI said:
cibaman said:
Who will they be up against? Park, Giggs, Fletcher, Scholes & O'Shea?

I'd hope our conservative line up could win the battle, dominate possession (something we've not done for decades against United even when we've won 4-1 or 5-1) and for Silva to provide the magic.

Bebe???

I literally laughed out loud on two separate occasions when Bebe was crossing the ball against Wolves on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.