Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Balo's out for wednesday

tonethestone said:
sorry if i sound stupid, so if successful tomorrow he can play Wed?

Yes.

And, just to be clear (!) the procedure is that the club has registered a "Claim" for "Wrongful Dismissal". If this is successful, the suspension will be lifted, but the Red Card remains on the record. If it fails, the suspension stands, and may be increased (to not more than six games in total).

Technically, there is no procedure to "Appeal a Red Card" or "accept a Yellow". The player/club can only claim that the player's action did not warrant a suspension (which avoids undermining the decision of the ref!). The only way a Red Card can be withdrawn is if the referee later changes his mind and withdraws it.

Probably not surprising that your average SSN journo (who couldn't be bothered to look up the rules) can't get his brain round that one!!

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

lee-mcfc said:
Frank the Yank said:
Balotelli is his own worst enemy!! The guy is immature and comes across as the worst kind of pampered, sheltered spoiled brat athlete. He should be banned for being feloniously stupid in his approach. Hes got lots of talent though. Everytime he gets challenged/tackled he acts as though he shouldnt allowed to be touched. WTF???
stick to your baseball or whatever.
Great comeback-NOT!!! How old are you 12?? BTW baseball season just finished. Now on to the NFL. If you want to make snarky comments fine. But grom some balls and tell me where I am wrong about Balotelli and his attitude. Granted he is young and its early days. He can change but thats the way he comes across. He was itching for a fight/argument yesterday and in the Wolves match as well.

He simply is angry and immature...........

Re: Balo's out for wednesday

stalyblue said:
tonethestone said:
sorry if i sound stupid, so if successful tomorrow he can play Wed?

Yes.

And, just to be clear (!) the procedure is that the club has registered a "Claim" for "Wrongful Dismissal". If this is successful, the suspension will be lifted, but the Red Card remains on the record. If it fails, the suspension stands, and may be increased (to not more than six games in total).

Technically, there is no procedure to "Appeal a Red Card" or "accept a Yellow". The player/club can only claim that the player's action did not warrant a suspension (which avoids undermining the decision of the ref!). The only way a Red Card can be withdrawn is if the referee later changes his mind and withdraws it.

Probably not surprising that your average SSN journo (who couldn't be bothered to look up the rules) can't get his brain round that one!!

thanks for confirming mate

greeny-ctid said:
Fulop's Reflex said:
To be fair, that was a red card.

sorry mate i respect your view but u couldnt be more wrong

with greeny ctid here a yellow almost definitely a straight red .... no way in a million years....unlike the WBA lad (Mumbawumba?) who was almost certainly a straight red.

Since when has a defender been allowed to grab hold of and hang onto a forwards leg, surely that should have been a free kick to us in the first place.

only just watched this on the OS he had his eyes on the ball the whole time absolutely no malice, this is ridiculous. the FA should deffo overturn this decision, but weather they will or not is different. i think his reputation is what got him the red card.

At the risk of coming across as being a bit thick and the fact that talkshite and ssn are reporting he is definately out,will we only know for deffo tomorrow after the appeal.

At no point does it look like Ballotelli is trying to do anything but get past the defender. The defender was trying to get up and Ballotelli stumbled over him. On the video clip City are showing I do not see him do anything wrong.

scorer said:
greeny-ctid said:
sorry mate i respect your view but u couldnt be more wrong

with greeny ctid here a yellow almost definitely a straight red .... no way in a million years....unlike the WBA lad (Mumbawumba?) who was almost certainly a straight red.

the mulumbo's chanlge on tevez was much worce then balos

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.