Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: being a " character" is not enough

Damocles said:
Pigeonho said:
I've heard it many-a-time where people have said he will one day be for us what the Tranny was to United.

Ah, I see what you mean. I thought it was a comparison of players.

That may well be the case and only time will tell. My point though is that people have given him legend status for the mad-cap things he has done off the pitch, and I think it covers the cracks that the actual case is that he isn't that good where it matter - on the pitch. Imagine someone 'boring' putting in the same performances? Someone who doesn't wink at Rio, who doesn't wolf whistle at hookers who bedded Rooney, who doesn't break into womens prisons, who doesn't drive round with £25k 'because I can'.... those things instantly appeal to some fans because its what we would all like to do ourselves, and it portrays a character, a mentalist and someone who is just a loony who we all love. The fact is though that he doesn't apply himself on the pitch as much as he should do, and it should only be on the pitch where he is judged, not some hoo-har he causes in an italian restaurant in town. That 'boring' player I referred to would have been hounded ages ago.

I agree somewhat with this; he has achieved a cult status because of his off the pitch stuff. However, there are those of us who have watched him his entire career and appreciate the player that he is.

Look at this another way, almost EVERY poster on here who regularly watched him at Inter madly raves about him. We can't all be making things up; added to this, that there is video evidence of what we are talking about.

Some people say "judge him off of what he does at City", I say that this is unfair for such a young player in his first season. Think of how Torres would be seen if he was judged purely because of his time at Chelsea. He wouldn't even get near the Burnley team. However, nobody in their right mind believes Torres is anything short of world class. We know this because we've watched him for years and recognise his quality. The Balotelli situation is the same. I honestly don't know a single person who consistently watched him at Inter and thinks anything other than him as a world class player and a massively talented young lad. I'm sure that those people exist, but that opinion is in the minority.

Mourinho is famously pig headed about disruptions. Despite him classing Balo as one, he still consistently played him in big games and in his Treble winning season he played nearly 40 games for them. He doesn't ever give any other player this privilege, Mou himself rates him as somebody who can be the best player in the whole world.

I know it's hard because he is so hugely rated by some sections of the fanbase, so it automatically makes you examine his performance closer than you would.

Let's look at this another way. He's already won the Champions League, the Serie A on three separate occasions, the Italian FA Cup, the Italian Charity Shield, has been capped for his country twice at full international level, played over 100 senior games and was just voted the best under 21 player in the world, in front of the Wilshere's of this world.

He's 18 months younger than Daniel Sturridge.

This is the level of player we are realistically dealing with.

Is he 18 months younger than Daniel Sturridge though 0_o

I get the Balotelli hype. I really do, he scores goals, he's got skill & technique and pace & a shot with real power.

I actually remember us signing Daniel Sturridge & thinking, he's a lightweight Balotelli.
Even though he does take long shots, he hasn't shown a cannon like Balotelli's got.
but, he has pace, skill, scores goals...
Both were condemned for their attitude, but, right now, it's their attitude that is separating them.

You're so right about Balotelli being precious, let's just focus about on the pitch, a lot of the time, it seems like he doesn't want to get his shirt dirty, it doesn't feel like he's giving everything. I still think you'd be stupid to sell him, he's so young and a change of attitude could come, there's something about the Premier League where it takes most foreigners in to the point they don't want to leave.

If you get behind Balotelli I back everything to click, right now he has a snobbish Italian attitude. I think the difference can be with the fans.. You need to "support" him.

didactic said:
So Mario at 20 years old is the first choice striker for Italy but is clearly not good enough for us.

Only at City aye.

Who remembers Chelsea fans calling Drogba a lazy diving ****?. Who remembers Tevez playing over 40 games for the scum and only scoring 10 goals?. Who remembers fake Ronaldos first seasons when he was scoring less than double figures?. Too many PS3 fans on this forum this is real life and using that Mexican prick as an example of how many goals a striker should score, (he has scored 10 more than Mario but played 11 more games) is stupid because he has slotted into a team that has been virtually the same for over 5 years.

Why is noone screaming at David Silva for his lack of goals or AJ? I mean Lampard gets over 20 a season almost without fail. Why is everyone picking on Balotelli?.

And Soulboy dont start with your media bollocks, broke into a womans prison that is a crime matey he would be in jail. Was seen with £25k cash and said its because he is rich. That was the deposit on his apartment. Learn the facts before you use media rubbish to prove your weak points.
[/b]

I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

You have blatantly confused me with another poster.

Can you direct your hate-filled bile and nonsense at the correct person, at least?

But I do love your final commment... "Learn the facts..."

Can I respond with... "Learn to read"...?

Blue Mooner said:
corky1970 said:
Hate to post , singling out players , but in my humble opinion Ballotelli is not fit to wear the City shirt .. the man cannot be arsed.,

Being different is no excuse for indifference , I could go on... but his efforts are way short of what I expect from a City player .
Not for me ...sorry

Sorry mate you're talking tosh - show me any other striker that can do the sort of stuff in this......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pFi_yoTp5c

Some people just can't appreciate the subtle skills of a great player, unless you can see them charging round like a bull in a china shop.

This guy has skill, finesse, has an awesome powerful shot. The chance that hit the crossbar was a milimetre from being a quality finish and he's only 20..........

You seriously need to take a closer look at Balo, sure, I don't think he's playing at the top of his game at the minute and that mere fact frightens me about his potential.

You're questioning a player that has won the Young players Ballon D'or - give your head a wobble.

Just out of interest I watched that U tube stuff.It took 2 full minutes of clips before he did anything of real quality that actually achieved something good for the team.The rest was little showboating bits that mean nothing.

Is that what you want cos it close to what we are getting!

A problem with Balotelli is he is quite clearly 'one for the future' who,through circumstance,is required to do a job now.I'm convinced he isn't mature enough,neither physically(i mean in the sense of using it) or mentally,for this league yet.

Soulboy said:

Can you direct your hate-filled bile and nonsense at the correct person, at least?

Fair play qouted your name by mistake as it was last post I read it was RandomJ i was chatting about. My bad touche on "Learn to read". Duly noted sir.

Balotelli is still the dogs though.

I am rubbish at photoshop, but you get the general idea..

1zb5pjd.png

TommyCFro said:
I am rubbish at photoshop, but you get the general idea..

1zb5pjd.png

No please explain<br /><br />-- Tue May 03, 2011 7:03 pm --<br /><br />
didactic said:
Soulboy said:

Fair play qouted your name by mistake as it was last post I read it was RandomJ i was chatting about. My bad touche on "Learn to read". Duly noted sir.

Take out the words the dogs and insert the missing one :)

didactic said:
Soulboy said:

It's all about opinions mate.

No probs.

If you're in Harrow before the game I can buy you a pint and try and convince you that Shaun Goater was the better striker! ;-))

He's a top quality player who's going through a dry patch because his technique is letting him down. It won't last.

a lot of foreign player's take time to adjust to the 2nd fastest league in the world and most physical.De jong took time,Silva took time.Yaya definitely took time(he's now my most improved player) and i think kolarov and balotelli will carry on improving.A little patience and backing will help with this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.