Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Balotelli

Nelly's Left Foot said:
simon23 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I think Tuesdays match epitomised why so many fans are just fed up of him, in the space of 5 minutes he wasted a good chance by slipping over (wouldn't normally be bothered by it but he seems to slip an awful fucking lot) and when we really needed a goal with minutes left he faked injury or milked it for its worth while we were on the attack. He is a good player and only 22 which many forget but its his stupid antics which just get tiring, needless bookings, diving etc if his performances matched up to his perceived ability then these things would be more easily forgiveable but that hasn't happened the past 2 years.

This is still the key for me.It states above that:
"His first touch is usually exceptional, his link up play is as well....his speed of thought as well is better than most. He us good in the air, can beat a man, has an excellent shot on him, and his off the ball movement is very goof" -

Most of that is what I fundamentally disagree with. His first touch is far far too often awful as evidenced in the last 2 times he came on and his first touch was to just give it away and I think he also fell over ( once at least but maybe both times) I believe his link up play is aweful ( cue the mention of the touch to Aguero v QPR which was his one and only assist in the whole season.) - Look at his game...yes one or two bad touches...just after he has come on into a game is pretty normal.....but watcht he games where he has played for more than 10-15mins.....his touch is top rate...and his movement int he box is better than any of our other strikers and he is constantly looking to make runs and often has to check because he doesnt get the pass whne he should. His link up play and passing are great as his his vision....wathc how he is shaping to make the pas before the ball even gets to him...it doesnt always come off but like silva he is often trying to play a very difficult pass.

His speed of thought is better than most!!! Convince me as I totally disagree as I don't think he has that many thoughts going through his mind apart from get the ball and shoot. He can be good in the air but do you really think he threatens to score headers.I cant recall many occasions but I can remember that bad miss at the far post v Wigan. Remember the flilck on for the goal he set up the other week from the hart clearance...remember the header before Dzeko scored in the qpr game that was brillaintly saved....he wins his fair share considering he aint as big as dzeko. His speed of thought is quick as he is making passes before he even has the ball, often too quick for others around him. and of course his first thought is to shoot..it should eb...he is a striker after all!!!!!

I am also not so sure he makes great runs very often either.Some of course but more often than not when I feel a player wants him to come to him and play one twos he is off on a run away that's very hard to find....he is always trying to make in runs behind the defenderrs which is what he should be doing...he is not a tevez type player and we dont need him to be

Ive noticed noone has mentioned either that he is clearly trying to track back more and chasing back into his own half to try and win the ball back when he dies lose it..or when someone else does as well.....this is something he didnt do when he first came here at all and he has started to do - strange how his critics dont mention that either.

He is a decent player but he is anything but the superstar that some on here still believe but I congratulate those who still have total faith in him and I desperately hope he repays some of that faith soon and no better time to start than on Sunday.

and if it doesnt happen on sunday proper fans will still be on his side while impatient know alls (not aimed at you btw) will be clammering on here for him to be sold......

poor balo if we lose!!!! he will get the blame no doubt

Balotelli's cleat pattern selection is woeful, he has to go! And where's Chappy in all this, I thought he was looking out for Mario? (sarcasm) Lots of people slipped from both sides in Dortmund, I imagine it was the conditions. We probably notice subs slipping more in matches because they are new to a game and not used to the conditions, or pace of the game.

Folks do have an argument that he hasn't been clinical as of late. Need that stat to turn around ASAP. This weekend would be the best time to do it!

To me, Balo's strengths are gaining possession on balls in the air (when he doesn't throw an elbow), making good runs to get into space behind a defence, getting on the end of loose balls around the 6 yd box, and having a shot from around the 18, and don't let me forget penalties. His weaknesses are that he often tries to be too creative when he doesn't need to be- it's awesome when it works, and looks dreadful when it doesn't (no look heel flick to Aguero during Dortmund)- holding his face when fouled on his foot (He isn't the only player in the world that does this), loosing his head and striking out at the oppositon (Tevez kicked a Dortmund player intentionally when the ball got away from him - luckily he didn't have a ball to throw down when he was called) and outwardly showing his frustrations (pundits like to call it petulance with him).

I don't think Mario is at fault for our "not as high as anticipated" performances. Our team just isn't clicking like it was when we were firing on all cylinders last year. It seems our strikers have resorted to "taking the world on themselves" approach more often than not, and it has become predictable.

Dobsy said:
simon23 said:
shevtheblue said:
I thought his calmness in the last few games has been decent (for him) considering how the refs have given everything against him.

fully agree!!!!!!!!!!

In his last appearance he deliberately elbowed a player in the face. If that's calm then I despair.
Deliberately elbowed a player in the dortmund game? I will be honest i dont remember that incident..

Bollox - he did nothing of the sort. He jumped for a high ball, controllef it with his chest and got a foul against him.

You try jumping with ur arms firmly by ur side and see hoe far you get!

It comes to something when "fans" are making up bullshit about their own players!

We always talk about playing into Dzekos game but how about playing into Balo's? The man can beat an offside trap better than anyone in world football. Yet we still expect him to play one-twos at the edge of the box with Silva.

simon23 said:
Bollox - he did nothing of the sort. He jumped for a high ball, controllef it with his chest and got a foul against him.

It comes to something when "fans" are making up bullshit about their own players!

Sorry but the ref ,who was very well placed, thought Mario's elbow into the throat was a deliberate act.I thought it was too and was surprised he wasn't booked for it only then to get booked for his reaction to the foul being given.

alky313 said:
We always talk about playing into Dzekos game but how about playing into Balo's? The man can beat an offside trap better than anyone in world football. Yet we still expect him to play one-twos at the edge of the box with Silva.

Great post. His runs are amazing but he rarely gets picked out. It's really where all the 'lazy' talk falls down too... his movement and intelligence (in striker terms) are better than most in world football.

jay_mcfc said:
alky313 said:

Great post. His runs are amazing but he rarely gets picked out. It's really where all the 'lazy' talk falls down too... his movement and intelligence (in striker terms) are better than most in world football.

Not sure about "better than most in world football", but I do agree with the point your making.

It's also worth nothing that the vast majority of opposition we face inevitably camp out on the edge of their own area. Very different from, for example, international games in which Balo has excelled.

Can't believe people worrying about Balo playing the rags. If he could only play one game a season, that'd be it. He will score.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
simon23 said:

Sorry but the ref ,who was very well placed, thought Mario's elbow into the throat was a deliberate act.I thought it was too and was surprised he wasn't booked for it only then to get booked for his reaction to the foul being given.

You think the ref thought Mario deliberately elbowed another player in the throat and didn't give him a yellow for it? Pretty sure if he thought that, he would have sent him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.