Balotelli (Merged)

Re: Balotelli absolute tosser

nashark said:
Balotelli's not being singled out for one performance. The criticism is due to a series of the most lazy, individualistic performances ever seen in a City shirt - that to use the word performance seems a bit of an exaggeration.

It's incredible that he's scored 10 times (albeit against mediocre teams) and he still gets all this shit. How bad must he play - even when he is scoring goals - to get all this abuse? He gets to stroll around the pitch whilst many of us are being priced out of the club we love, to pay for mercenaries like him. That's why some people are getting very pissed off.

This does not even take into account his generally shameful behaviour: cheating; storming down the tunnel; diving; kicking other players; feigning illness and injury; refusing to applaud his own fans. This man is a stain at every football club he's ever been to, and will always bring so much disrepute to the shirt he's wearing that his own fans will take to abusing him. Balotelli is not the most hated man in football for no reason. He's a **** - pure and simple. I suspect most of own players hate him, too. And to demonstrate how poor he was last night, even Bobby Manc risked getting one of our best defensive players injured so that Balotelli could be hauled off the pitch when we needed a goal.

What separates Balotelli from most other players is that they look and play like they care about Manchester City. Whilst many people had poor games last night, most of them came off the pitch at least sweating.

I think, though, Balotelli was epitomised last season in one incident. After Inter had won of their biggest games in their history, at the end, instead of celebrating with his team-mates and being happy for the club, he slammed his shirt into the ground in disgust at not being played. Selfish, lazy, arrogant, and it's a myth that he has any discernible talent whatsoever. He's just an athlete with the intelligence of a 7 year old boy.

To say he has no discernable talent whatsoever undermines a great deal of the rest of your post imo as it shows you are (to some extent understandably) unable to form a balanced view on Balotelli due to your palpable hatred of him.

I was sat in the Liverpool end last night and I was genuinely embarrassed at some of his antics and his shameful workrate, but to my mind he has so many qualities as a player.

For me there are three fundamental qualities required in a striker:

Strength
Pace
Finishing ability

Most strikers have two of these: Owen had the latter two, Carroll has the first and the last (and does Tevez) and so on.

Balotelli has all three. His first touch is usually sublime (although not last night) and his passing is excellent. Maybe it is the gambler in me, but I just don't want someone else to benefit from his talents before we've had our worth out of him.

I accept that outcome is diminishing as a possibility, but I don't think we've reached the point of no return either. I am certainly losing patience with him, but to say he has no discernable talent is the antithesis of what everyone who has worked with him at close quarters has said, including those that dislike him.

Ballotelli outside Flannels

Just seen balotelli outside Flannels on my lunch, a few dick heads (one in a city shirt) started shouting "Fuck Off back to Italy" etc.. Im sure he would of heard them because they werent exactly far away but he didnt react in any way, just kept walking.

Who are these "fans"? Ive been pissed of with Balotelli too, but abusing the guy in the street isnt exactly going to make him want to put a shift in is it. And to imagine that there could of been rags who saw this shit happen makes me feel ill

edit: and now he's just got out of his car and snapped at some kid on deansgate apparantly says my mate whos come back off his dinner, for throwing a scarf of something on his car... i didnt see it though, so could be bollocks. the guy who told me is a bolton fan...

nashark said:
M18CTID said:
I couldn't work out why he was subbed but I suppose one plausible reason was that with the game lost and Tevez almost certainly out of the semi, Mancini perhaps wanted to make sure that Balotelli didn't get injured as well. Wouldn't have put such a key player like De Jong on in place of him though. I'd have stuck McGivern on instead. Very weird substition for multiple reasons.

I'll readily concede that some of the criticism of Balotelli has been justified this season but most of the abuse his way for what happened last night should be aimed elsewhere IMO.

He was subbed because this prestigious 117+ year old club has not seen such an embarrassment.

As for not showing him love, how about the 100K+ he's on.
Get a grip, Kolarov was a bigger embaressment last night than Balotelli.

And as for paying him £100k and that will sweeten anything, he's 20, obviously immature, and is in a new country and new league so i doubt he's really arsed about the money at the minute to be honest with you

Re: Ballotelli outside Flannels

Before anyone points the finger at me I would like to confirm that I was not abusing Balotelli outside Flannels!

nashark said:
M18CTID said:
I couldn't work out why he was subbed but I suppose one plausible reason was that with the game lost and Tevez almost certainly out of the semi, Mancini perhaps wanted to make sure that Balotelli didn't get injured as well. Wouldn't have put such a key player like De Jong on in place of him though. I'd have stuck McGivern on instead. Very weird substition for multiple reasons.

I'll readily concede that some of the criticism of Balotelli has been justified this season but most of the abuse his way for what happened last night should be aimed elsewhere IMO.

He was subbed because this prestigious 117+ year old club has not seen such an embarrassment.

I take it you have concrete evidence that this was the reason he was replaced? Quotes from Mancini, etc?

You see, what pisses me off is reading completely unfounded comments such as those in an attempt to "beef up" one's argument. Why not deal in the facts?

I really despise his performances on the pitch, but it's not on giving him grief in the street. And let's have it right, if Balotelli came on and played brilliantly against United, we'd begin to forget some of the atrocities that have let the lads down.

CTID1988 said:
Just seen balotelli outside Flannels on my lunch, a few dick heads (one in a city shirt) started shouting "Fuck Off back to Italy" etc.. Im sure he would of heard them because they werent exactly far away but he didnt react in any way, just kept walking.

Who are these "fans"? Ive been pissed of with Balotelli too, but abusing the guy in the street isnt exactly going to make him want to put a shift in is it. And to imagine that there could of been rags who saw this shit happen makes me feel ill
Poor little Mario, hope he got over the nasty knock he got last night, dont want his shopping trip ruined

M18CTID said:
nashark said:

I take it you have concrete evidence that this was the reason he was replaced? Quotes from Mancini, etc?

You see, what pisses me off is reading completely unfounded comments such as those in an attempt to "beef up" one's argument. Why not deal in the facts?

Works both ways though, people keep defending Balotelli by saying he has this amazing talent! Thats also a myth!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.