Balotelli (Merged)

Balotelli for the winning goal in the Derby!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/906485/roberto-mancini:-time-for-mario-balotelli-to-become-a-hero?cc=4716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ro?cc=4716</a>

Mancini: Balotelli can be a hero
April 13, 2011
By ESPN staff

Roberto Mancini has called on divisive striker Mario Balotelli to make himself a hero for Manchester City over the final few weeks of the season.

Balotelli, who joined the club last summer from Inter, has courted controversy this season for some of his antics on and off the pitch, incidents that have detracted from his ten goals for the club so far in all competitions.

But with some crucial games remaining in the season and injuries to many of his other strikers, Mancini hopes the 20-year-old can respond to the challenge in the right way - starting with the upcoming FA Cup semi-final against rivals Manchester United.

"Mario knows he must take more responsibility," said Mancini, who will wait to see if Carlos Tevez is fit for the game after limping off on Monday against Liverpool. "We have six league games, plus the semi-final and the final. I hope Mario can score important goals.

"He could be the hero. On Saturday, if he plays, he has a chance to do well. Maybe if he scores a goal it could take us to the final. That would change his year." Mancini also had encouraging words for January signing Edin Dzeko, whose troubles adjusting to his new surroundings the Italian compared to Chelsea's goalless forward Fernando Torres.

"We need Dzeko to be good now," Mancini said. "He has the same problem that Fernando Torres has at Chelsea.

"Dzeko is a fantastic striker but when you join a team in January, he has new team-mates and a new manager with new methods."

I was at Liverpool and agree this guy ig gut less doesnt care about City at all

That can't be Mario. Some on here have told me that he has absolutely no ability and doesn't do anything well. If Mario plays with confidence and the fans get behind him he will start producing stuff like this all the time. Come on super Mario. Tear the fuck out of Vidic on saturday.

Whitterz said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYaJ4D9EBnw[/youtube]

He's just too imature, thats all it is.

Sometimes he looks like one of the best strikers in the world but he just has the wrong attitude and work rate.

Cant we put Dzeko's attitude with Balotelli's ability? Some sort of magic super glue, then we'd have a perfect striker.

I've had a real hard time being positive about Mario..I really have. Every game I go to and see him play, I get more and more frustrated with him....but...

...when I go to Wembley...and Tevez is out....I have to believe he will shine...

...this is your time Mario....

....MAKE US BELIEVE YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR CITY!!!!

COME ON CITY, COME ON CITY, COME ON CITY......AAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Phew...needed to get that out....:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.