Balotelli (Merged)

Re: Balotelli absolute tosser

OrigamiNinja said:
Why do the pro Balotelli posters keep trying to compare his performance with other City players to justify that he wasnt that bad?

It has been established on the board that the whole team performance last night was unnaceptable. However I would hazard a guess that the OP started the thread, because like me he sees last nights performance by Balotelli as yet another in a long list of sub-standard, lazy, couldnt give a flying one performances from him.

Balotelli has had 2 good games and 3 or 4 average/acceptable games all season and in the rest he has been nothing more than a passenger. If this is considered an acceptable contribution from a player that came with a £25 million price tag and earns £0000s per week then football has changed beyond belief and not for the better.

I keep reading and hearing about this ridiculous talent he has yet I have not seen it, in what is now almost a whole season should he have not shown it on a least a few occasions? The Balotelli defenders on here need to start living in the here and now because talk of him becoming one of the best in the World is nothing more than fantasy material and even if this were true he wont be doing it in a City shirt because he will either be gone this Summer or next.

So with this in mind the only question that needs to be answered is are we getting our moneys worth from his performances this season? The answer can only be no! If you believe the answer to be yes then I am afraid there is little or no hope for you!

This.

That is exactly why I get so frustrated with him. He is the most overrated, overhyped footballer I think I've ever seen. He has done nothing to justify the wankfest he gets off some members here. His approach play, and all round general play, has been substandard, and don't get me started on his body language, and attitude. Often the praise he gets has nothing to do with on the pitch, but because he shagged some bimbo off big brother, drives a nice car, and wears a stupid hat. But hey, he's had a hard life, and we must try and understand him.

Balotelli's not being singled out for one performance. The criticism is due to a series of the most lazy, individualistic performances ever seen in a City shirt - that to use the word performance seems a bit of an exaggeration.

It's incredible that he's scored 10 times (albeit against mediocre teams) and he still gets all this shit. How bad must he play - even when he is scoring goals - to get all this abuse? He gets to stroll around the pitch whilst many of us are being priced out of the club we love, to pay for mercenaries like him. That's why some people are getting very pissed off.

This does not even take into account his generally shameful behaviour: cheating; storming down the tunnel; diving; kicking other players; feigning illness and injury; refusing to applaud his own fans. This man is a stain at every football club he's ever been to, and will always bring so much disrepute to the shirt he's wearing that his own fans will take to abusing him. Balotelli is not the most hated man in football for no reason. He's a **** - pure and simple. I suspect most of own players hate him, too. And to demonstrate how poor he was last night, even Bobby Manc risked getting one of our best defensive players injured so that Balotelli could be hauled off the pitch when we needed a goal.

What separates Balotelli from most other players is that they look and play like they care about Manchester City. Whilst many people had poor games last night, most of them came off the pitch at least sweating.

I think, though, Balotelli was epitomised last season in one incident. After Inter had won of their biggest games in their history, at the end, instead of celebrating with his team-mates and being happy for the club, he slammed his shirt into the ground in disgust at not being played. Selfish, lazy, arrogant, and it's a myth that he has any discernible talent whatsoever. He's just an athlete with the intelligence of a 7 year old boy.

dont think i can disagree with anything said about him....but please just for once on saturday turn up and play up to all the hype that surrounds you,if not why waste your time and ours by struting round the pitch like a cock proud peacock

Superga said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Why do the pro Balotelli posters keep trying to compare his performance with other City players to justify that he wasnt that bad?

It has been established on the board that the whole team performance last night was unnaceptable. However I would hazard a guess that the OP started the thread, because like me he sees last nights performance by Balotelli as yet another in a long list of sub-standard, lazy, couldnt give a flying one performances from him.

Balotelli has had 2 good games and 3 or 4 average/acceptable games all season and in the rest he has been nothing more than a passenger. If this is considered an acceptable contribution from a player that came with a £25 million price tag and earns £0000s per week then football has changed beyond belief and not for the better.

I keep reading and hearing about this ridiculous talent he has yet I have not seen it, in what is now almost a whole season should he have not shown it on a least a few occasions? The Balotelli defenders on here need to start living in the here and now because talk of him becoming one of the best in the World is nothing more than fantasy material and even if this were true he wont be doing it in a City shirt because he will either be gone this Summer or next.

So with this in mind the only question that needs to be answered is are we getting our moneys worth from his performances this season? The answer can only be no! If you believe the answer to be yes then I am afraid there is little or no hope for you!

I guess there is no hope for you !
You already said he play well or acceptable 6 matches, on how many matches ? Scoring a 40% positive from a Balo hater is not that bad.
Now you tell me how many points he brought to us with his goals, if we go to CL as I beleive sure he got a stake on it.
Please don't try to value him based on how much he is paid, otherwise he still far better than 2/3 of our squad and much better that kind of Torres, Carrol, ....

Balo won us 3 points against WBA and 3 against Villa. He helped us gain a point at home against Fulham. I think that covers his 6 league goals. None of those teams are any good by the way. He played ok against Sunderland last week but again they are atrocious. He has done nothing of note against any team in the top half of the table! So you could say that his performances have helped us gain 7 points, or about 8% of our total over the season so far! What a contribution!

His other goals again came against nothing more than mediocre opposition in the Europa League, a competition that Balo had a huge hand in helping us get knocked out of, you know with him missing a tap in from a yard and then getting sent off because he is a spoilt brat that you are not allowed to tackle!

As for comparing him to Torres and Carroll I am pretty sure that both have more league goals than Balotelli this season.

AntonDonJuan said:
I wouldn't judge anyone on that game last night, especially not Balo who actually looked a bit of a threat going forward at times.

I also thought the decision to replace him was a disgrace and would have done more harm than good to his progress, especially with only 5 mins or so left.

It looks to me that he needs love, and all i see from Mancini is tough love, there's only so long you can try that approach before you have to put your arm round him and show him some encouragement

I couldn't work out why he was subbed but I suppose one plausible reason was that with the game lost and Tevez almost certainly out of the semi, Mancini perhaps wanted to make sure that Balotelli didn't get injured as well. Wouldn't have put such a key player like De Jong on in place of him though. I'd have stuck McGivern on instead. Very weird substition for multiple reasons.

I'll readily concede that some of the criticism of Balotelli has been justified this season but most of the abuse directed his way for what happened last night should be aimed elsewhere IMO.

TheSituation said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Yeah so do I but he is producing the grand total of fuck all!

I think its 10 goals for the season, 5 of which came in 2 league games against a shit WBA side and an even worse Villa side and two of those were from the spot. Cant remember him chipping in with a single assist all season.

He isnt producing any goods, he is a **** and he is such a **** that he doesnt even fall into the category of "At least he is our ****"!

I physically hate the bloke!
He's done more than Tevez has recently but that doesn't stop Tevez getting wanked dry.

Tevez hasn't give a shit since he handed in the transfer request - He can fcuk off now for all i care

M18CTID said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I wouldn't judge anyone on that game last night, especially not Balo who actually looked a bit of a threat going forward at times.

I also thought the decision to replace him was a disgrace and would have done more harm than good to his progress, especially with only 5 mins or so left.

It looks to me that he needs love, and all i see from Mancini is tough love, there's only so long you can try that approach before you have to put your arm round him and show him some encouragement

I couldn't work out why he was subbed but I suppose one plausible reason was that with the game lost and Tevez almost certainly out of the semi, Mancini perhaps wanted to make sure that Balotelli didn't get injured as well. Wouldn't have put such a key player like De Jong on in place of him though. I'd have stuck McGivern on instead. Very weird substition for multiple reasons.

I'll readily concede that some of the criticism of Balotelli has been justified this season but most of the abuse his way for what happened last night should be aimed elsewhere IMO.

He was subbed because this prestigious 117+ year old club has not seen such an embarrassment.

As for not showing him love, how about the 100K+ he's on.

OrigamiNinja said:
Superga said:
I guess there is no hope for you !
You already said he play well or acceptable 6 matches, on how many matches ? Scoring a 40% positive from a Balo hater is not that bad.
Now you tell me how many points he brought to us with his goals, if we go to CL as I beleive sure he got a stake on it.
Please don't try to value him based on how much he is paid, otherwise he still far better than 2/3 of our squad and much better that kind of Torres, Carrol, ....

Balo won us 3 points against WBA and 3 against Villa. He helped us gain a point at home against Fulham. I think that covers his 6 league goals. None of those teams are any good by the way. He played ok against Sunderland last week but again they are atrocious. He has done nothing of note against any team in the top half of the table! So you could say that his performances have helped us gain 7 points, or about 8% of our total over the season so far! What a contribution!

His other goals again came against nothing more than mediocre opposition in the Europa League, a competition that Balo had a huge hand in helping us get knocked out of, you know with him missing a tap in from a yard and then getting sent off because he is a spoilt brat that you are not allowed to tackle!

As for comparing him to Torres and Carroll I am pretty sure that both have more league goals than Balotelli this season.

Sorry but not even Tevez scoring against top teams and already many games is not scoring at all or little (the penalty)
7 points in his first PL season, with only half season plaied, coming from bad injury ... means being in CL place that is the main target of the team PERIOD

nashark said:
I think, though, Balotelli was epitomised last season in one incident. After Inter had won of their biggest games in their history, at the end, instead of celebrating with his team-mates and being happy for the club, he slammed his shirt into the ground in disgust at not being played. Selfish, lazy, arrogant, and it's a myth that he has any discernible talent whatsoever. He's just an athlete with the intelligence of a 7 year old boy.

Except he did play. At least get your facts correct before insulting him. He was angry because his own fans were booing him, even as he came on. I just hope we don't turn into that type on fan.

Saying he has no talent is so blatently incorrect it beggars belief. Remind me why he is a professional footballer who had a champions league medal by the age of 19 and you're just sat on a computer mid-day insulting him? I'll give you a clue, it's because he has more talent than you. Saying he has no talent is probably the most ridiculous thing I have read on here this year, that takes some doing as well. No intelligence either? Come back and question his intelligence when you can learn a new language in one summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.