Balotelli (Merged)

blueprint said:
Yes some of the posts here are pretty embarassing. With 'fans' or 'friends like these' why does Mario needs enemies?

What happened to Mario is a TRAVESTY.
He is the only ONE that was RED CARDED.
Whatever you called or termed, in my book or any decent folk (including a majority of decent white Citizens or people) its called DISCRIMMINATION.
To wit
Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership in a certain group or category.

Every fair minded fan (as MOST of you did) or official will not have yellow carded him for the second offense.
Atkinson did not even handedly applied his 2nd card offfense let alone yellow carded the cheating (WC order) diving scum.

suarezg6ujn.gif

For those that claimed that Atkinson was lenient & that VK could have been send off. You should also be ashamed.

With 'fans like this' no wonder Mario is perpetually being discrimminated.
And to those who are complicit in their silence.
Remember the adage by Martin Niemöller which I quote with a difference
First they came for Mario, and I did not speak out...........

It beggars my mind that there are a lot of SODS here to suggest that Balo should tread carefully because of his hair style etc etc...

Which part of DISCRIMMINATION you sods don't understand?

Why should double standards be applied? Remember Skrtel has his elbow up against not only Balo but also Aguero . All we should be clamouring is even handed & fair rulings.

IMO Atkinson is the most INEPT official & is a JOKE.
To suggest otherwise that Balo is at fault or walk on eggshells , we might as well ask Mario, not to ply his football trade, leave him defenseless against thugs like Skrtel et al.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:13 pm --<br /><br />
paulgmurphyhumphries said:
Balotelli, his 1st yellow almost cost us the game, couldnt be arsed tracking back so pulled his man to the ground. Only a smart save by Hart kept us in it from the resulting free kick. that is an example of how he will cost us in the future. All those now springing to his defence are the poor sods who will be writng all sorts of horrible things when he finally does the dirty.The 2nd booking i agree was unfair but wont be the last red he will see.

What an OXYMORON.

levets said:
bobmcfc said:
Ex ref Dermot Gallagher was just on skysports news talking about the balotelli incident. i missed it, did anyone catch what he said ?

Anybody who watches the incident again would change their view on which player should have got a yellow... and it wasn't balo!

Watch the liverpool players elbow move up into balo.....

Gallagher was on Talk Shite this morning, the very first comment out of his crevasse was to say how much Balo's hair style annoys him, no bias there then.

Balotelli, his 1st yellow almost cost us the game, couldnt be arsed tracking back so pulled his man to the ground. Only a smart save by Hart kept us in it from the resulting free kick. that is an example of how he will cost us in the future. All those now springing to his defence are the poor sods who will be writng all sorts of horrible things when he finally does the dirty.
The 2nd booking i agree was unfair but wont be the last red he will see.

Deranged.

BLUEPRINT, so you thought commiting that petty foul for the first yellow card,was ok, when it so nearly led to a goal. he did it because he could not be bothered chasing back properly, I find it so annoying as 11 other players, were giving everything for the shirt, and he does not care at all about te team.
You have your opinion and i will have mine, but please do not resort to name calling.
Balotelli reign will end just like Tevez, I never lauded him and now I do not post anything negative about him, it was inevitable.

BLUEPRINT, so you thought commiting that petty foul for the first yellow card,was ok, when it so nearly led to a goal. he did it because he could not be bothered chasing back properly, I find it so annoying as 11 other players, were giving everything for the shirt, and he does not care at all about te team.
You have your opinion and i will have mine, but please do not resort to name calling.
Balotelli reign will end just like Tevez, I never lauded him and now I do not post anything negative about him, it was inevitable.

We don't disagree with the unfair 2nd yellow. Its the first yellow that we should look at. Can you look it from another POV?
He was really tracking back & took one for the team i.e a potential offensive threat by 'hook or by crook' . That was a good yellow to take.

If it was Scholes he would have got away with his 'can't tackle' when he backtrack by stopping the scum's opponents offensive threat.

Pls. do not suggest that he wasn't 'arsed tracking back' which is a mantra you always 'chant', justified or not, against player you have a 'chip on your shoulder' against.

I will leave you with this thought. Remember his MOTM at Wembley and his brace against the scums at Derby. It was his tracking back then and if you were to look clearly with a 'blue tint lens' you will find him a real blue asset not a liability as you claim.

To continue claiming that he is a liability is to be unfair not only to him but also to us. What we should be clamouring for is fair treatment from the FA Officials and the Media & not DISCRIMMINATION against US.

BLUEPRINT< Sharing Different points of view is one of the main reasons for posting on the forum. I accept yours, if you have the match taped have a look how close they came to scoring from the free kick. it would have been a kick in the teeth for the team after such a monumental effort. Can I ask if you think Balotelli has learnt anything from yesterday ?

One of the best players, I have ever seen P gasgoine, always had the excuse that , "He is still young", went on for years, worried that the same awaits for your hero, Though I do see why he appeals to the young person, as an anti-establishment maverick.

Balotelli's first booking was a definite yellow, just because it was his first challenge is totally irrelevant, it could be his 1st or his 10th challenge in the 1st minute or 93rd minute a yellow is a yellow. His second yellow was also a booking in my opinion, yes it was clumsy and Charlie Adam is a fucking cock for making out that he used his elbow, but Dermot Gallagher was on SSN this morning and was asked to explain both bookings, the first one he pulled the opponent back by his arm when the player was running towards the goal, its a yellow every day of the week. The second yellow he said he got booked for leading with the arm, if he had used his elbow he would have got a straight red. Balotelli knew he had fucked up because he was smiling and trying to make light of the situation.
Balotelli is a liability in games with intense atmospheres and he will cost us games in the future. He is a good player at the moment not great player and nowhere near Messi, xavi or Ronaldo, he may become great but I don't think he has got the brains to do so at the moment. Three red cards now in a year for a centre forward aint good and at the moment he dosen't seem to be learning that the effect it can have on the team. If we had lost this game after he got sent off (which we almost did) I wonder how many posters would be prepared to cut him so much slack?

Watching the game i also thought it was a pretty harsh 2nd booking. Interstingly i just watched ESPNSoccernet Press Pass and both Gabriele Marcotti and Janusz Michallik were adamant that Mario was treated 'very' unfairly and his image played a huge part in it. Janusz made a great comment that Shearer and the like would have been sent many times 'every game' if Marios tackle was worth a yellow.

Re: Is Balotelli being targeted because of racism?

didactic said:
In ways yes because even if you listen to the Sky commentary after the game they spent the entire time discussing Mario and had the nerve to say "he is useless to any team he plays for." The hatred for him is based on the fear of "the big black guy". He does what he wants he is supremely talented and does not apologise for it.

For the first time in my life I heard a paid pundit say he hates a player. Jamie Redknapp said "I hate Mario Balotelli ." Have you ever heard that before?. I mean why hate a 20 year old who you have never met?. What is it about him that winds people up the wrong way so much. Its not like anything he has done is so bad he actually does not deserve half the flack but yes he is black and it is how it is. As a fellow big, tall black guy who is told every day that I am intimidating just because I am speaking I understand.

If Mario was Henry Crompton from Derby he would be hailed as one of the best footballers to ever be born in this country.

great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.