Balotelli - MOTM

tomhawley said:
I took to him as soon as he went straight into the back of the defender, without any chance of winning the header, but showed aggression and determination and was just putting himself about.

He showed good pace at times, very relaxed on the ball, confident in his own ability to beat players. Wears his shorts like a gangster rapper would wear a pair of jeans.

I thought he was brilliant.

I like players who put it about, and ruffle a few feathers.

But he is also technically very very good, impressed!

i think you would of liked my uncle, he plucked chickens for a living, and liked a dabble now and again

Injury: I read that he was 10 minutes on the pitch at the end before limping off.

Booking: one player held his shirt, another came thundering in and barged into him, catching his face; Mario adopted an aggressive attitude. Most uncalled for booking since Horlock got sent off for aggressive walking. Ref lenient with shirt-holding (Ya-Ya's shirt was held when he shot against the post).

As for putting it about being a good sign, Samaras managed to leave two opponents injured on his debut, so I'm not taking that as a good sign, just a way to quick suspension.

BlueSinceBirth said:
Wow

Superb debut from Mario Balotelli!

He scores a simple tap in, but his run to get there was fantastic.
He could easily have scored 2 or 3, with a great curler skimming the woodwork.

In addition to his goalscoring antics, he also gets himself booked, stands his ground, argues his point AND heads away to safety 3 or 4 freekickers/corners.

1-0 City, The Super Substitute deserves the Man of The Match Award tonight, absolutley magnificent for somebody playing 30 minutes.

Well done lad.

Can't beat a bit of OTT reaction and BM is guaranteed the place to get it. Decent debut yes but let's just calm down a bit:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.