Balotelli...Would you have him back?

pudge said:
Damocles said:
stony said:
There are no footballing reasons to have Balotelli back.

Unlike Jovetic and Negredo he can stay fit. He can play up the top holding up the ball and is particularly great at the same thing all Italian strikers are: getting a ball over the top or through the middle and finishing one-on-one with the keeper which would fit our current team much more than the style we used to play where he was a bit of a square peg in a round hole. He can also do a job out wide and cutting side if asked to. He's as good if not better than Negredo but 5 years younger

He's popular with most of the staff/squad and Dzeko, Hart and Zabaleta have all said how much they enjoyed having him at City and playing with him. In addition to this he seems to have calmed down since his engagement and is much more professional on the pitch.

It's quite the opposite I find - people don't want him because of the circus he brings off the field rather than disliking him as an actual footballer.
Perhaps if the Euro 2012 semi is the only match of his you've ever watched.

He's not so much inconsistent as its not a good performance in say 1 every 2/3 games, it's worse.

It's always glimpses of talent, which he undeniably has, not a showcase of them.

He may be 5 years younger than Negredo but the latter offers a far greater work ethic and experience, as well as the ability to score goals.

Dzeko scores goals, oh so many and important goals. He's as reliable as Mario is a liability.

I don't think it's necessary to do a Mario/Sergio give and take. However, I will repeat that at the age of 24 Mario will have 88 career goals whereas Sergio had 154 under his belt.

With Jovetic, who's 4 years younger than Negredo and although without good grounds to say for definite I would assume is better at that age for what ever that's worth. He's only about 8 months older than Mario and has shown more effort, talent and focus this pre season than Mario ever did with special mention to that Galaxy game... He's also had 2 season practically written off due to injury and hasn't always played as advanced as Mario before any goal scoring records get brought up, the comparison isn't justified in that regard.

Mario offers little if nothing over our current 4 strikers footballing wise. The "circus" is just another mark in the con column. We have a "young" forward in Jovetic, even Aguero, and 2 tried and tested experienced goal scorers in Dzeko and Negredo.

some good opposing arguments there fellas, but you've both missed the main point about Mario, and that is he's the only striker in the world who can score a goal with his penis.

MCFCinUSA said:
pudge said:
Damocles said:
Unlike Jovetic and Negredo he can stay fit. He can play up the top holding up the ball and is particularly great at the same thing all Italian strikers are: getting a ball over the top or through the middle and finishing one-on-one with the keeper which would fit our current team much more than the style we used to play where he was a bit of a square peg in a round hole. He can also do a job out wide and cutting side if asked to. He's as good if not better than Negredo but 5 years younger

He's popular with most of the staff/squad and Dzeko, Hart and Zabaleta have all said how much they enjoyed having him at City and playing with him. In addition to this he seems to have calmed down since his engagement and is much more professional on the pitch.

It's quite the opposite I find - people don't want him because of the circus he brings off the field rather than disliking him as an actual footballer.
Perhaps if the Euro 2012 semi is the only match of his you've ever watched.

He's not so much inconsistent as its not a good performance in say 1 every 2/3 games, it's worse.

It's always glimpses of talent, which he undeniably has, not a showcase of them.

He may be 5 years younger than Negredo but the latter offers a far greater work ethic and experience, as well as the ability to score goals.

Dzeko scores goals, oh so many and important goals. He's as reliable as Mario is a liability.

I don't think it's necessary to do a Mario/Sergio give and take. However, I will repeat that at the age of 24 Mario will have 88 career goals whereas Sergio had 154 under his belt.

With Jovetic, who's 4 years younger than Negredo and although without good grounds to say for definite I would assume is better at that age for what ever that's worth. He's only about 8 months older than Mario and has shown more effort, talent and focus this pre season than Mario ever did with special mention to that Galaxy game... He's also had 2 season practically written off due to injury and hasn't always played as advanced as Mario before any goal scoring records get brought up, the comparison isn't justified in that regard.

Mario offers little if nothing over our current 4 strikers footballing wise. The "circus" is just another mark in the con column. We have a "young" forward in Jovetic, even Aguero, and 2 tried and tested experienced goal scorers in Dzeko and Negredo.

some good opposing arguments there fellas, but you've both missed the main point about Mario, and that is he's the only striker in the world who can score a goal with his penis.

That is an undeniable fact. The Amount of piss boil from him undeniable. HIS LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE!

MCFCinUSA said:
Clint Dempsey's penis would disagree, shirley?

Paul11/12 said:
MP could get the best out of him, when focused was the best player on the park, I'm a big fan of Alf, but would have Mario in our 4 over him any day of the week, never seen such a good player completely lose confidence like he did towards the end of the season, would never happen to Mario!! Was the £16.8 mill right?
Did you ever actually watch Balotelli?

Would never happen to Balotelli? I guess you missed his 1 goal in 15 games for half a season before he departed?

I would take him back...what was maddening was it was one of those situations where I think had you known a couple months earlier the club would disintegrate, you probably can Mancini before the end of the season. I think that relationship hit a temporarily irreconcilable point. His form after moving to AC Milan was great.

Sure, he disappointed more often than most fans would like, but he still was a significant reason why the 2012 title went to Manchester City (the Sunderland draw and title-winning assist).

I also see Balotelli and Mancini making amends and having big success with Italy.

All that said, I think City is better off without him, but I'd hate to see him return to the Premier League for someone else.

God, yes. I think the club, internally, is better structured to manage him. Pellers has done well with all our players and as m'learned friend Kazzy Deyna says it'd be great to see him work his magic with Mario.

In the end though, doesn't the OP come down to 'he was shit' or 'he was good' for us? I thought he was better than good for reasons you've all heard before.

He would benefit as a player with Pellers to guide him

I did wonder at times last season how many more we would have scored if Tevez and Ballo had stayed

Dzeko was miles better at times last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.