Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silvercloud said:
The bloke truly is class and still only 19! He seems to have it all and with Bobbys arm around him again can only get better. Really hope this one comes off.

Sometimes in football as in life you need to take a leap of fail and go with a gut feeling, at 19 nobody can truely tell if he will become a world beater or not. however we are in a fortunate possition where we can afford to be wrong.

As above i think RM would be a significant influence og young Mario and i can't help but feeling this could be the start of something beautiful for us and Mario.

avoidconfusion said:
From a RAG on another forum... you could not make it up... I am surprised he mentions Arsenal though, would have thought he thinks United are THE only club for talent to prosper...

He is a great talent, but wrong move for both club and player if he goes. Imo, there's only really Arsenal or United who could bring him in and really turn him into something amazing.
yeh, because they did a much better job with tevez.

thick tossers.

abu13 said:
Silvercloud said:
The bloke truly is class and still only 19! He seems to have it all and with Bobbys arm around him again can only get better. Really hope this one comes off.

Sometimes in football as in life you need to take a leap of fail and go with a gut feeling, at 19 nobody can truely tell if he will become a world beater or not. however we are in a fortunate possition where we can afford to be wrong.

As above i think RM would be a significant influence og young Mario and i can't help but feeling this could be the start of something beautiful for us and Mario.
Good point about him being only 19, and for me of the Italian league is a lesser league, but not too much lesser than the PL, it means he has already proved himself and is ready to make the step up. I can't agree with the 'we can afford to be wrong' comment though. If we go into it all like that, and these high earners fail, we will never get rid of them because of their wages. We have to be savvy and put Robinho as a firm example of how not to do things. Yes it was fun on the night, and yet people took notice of us, but he was a statement, nothing more, and Hughes obviously didn't want him, therefore who did the back ground work on him, the Sheikh? Khaldoon? In other words it appears no-one with any kind of footballing know-how looked at Robinho and asked themselves if he could work, they simply looked at the name, 'Robinho', and presumed he'd work, and look where we are with him now. Under Bobby Manc I think we have someone who will not spend huge sums unless he is absolutely as convinced as he can be that the player will work out, and thats what we have to continue to do. We don't want half a squad of £150k a week earners which we can't shift, no matter who's money it is or isn't. I personally believe Balotelli will be a massive success and Bob will be able to tame this attitude he's alleged to have. Robinho has to be put down to experience though and shouldn't happen again.

avoidconfusion said:
From a RAG on another forum... you could not make it up... I am surprised he mentions Arsenal though, would have thought he thinks United are THE only club for talent to prosper...

He is a great talent, but wrong move for both club and player if he goes. Imo, there's only really Arsenal or United who could bring him in and really turn him into something amazing.
I don't ever like to agree with a rag, but I see his point, both the rags and Arsenal have a history of turning youngsters into world class player. However, its like anything else the top clubs tend to get the best talent so are more likely to do so. If(and when)City turn a player into a world superstar, this is our best shot.

Fergie is a good manager no one can deny that, but as said above UTD have also attracted the best players because of their international 'status'.

ill be dissapointed if we do not get balotelli..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.