Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spindash said:
reddishblue said:
Math is a shortened version of the word mathematics. Therefore no need to put an 's' on the end. Now you do the sum(s).

'Math' is short for 'mathematic'. Maths has an 's' because 'mathematics' does.

No such word as mathematic. Look it up sometime.

reddishblue said:
mackenzie said:
I agree.

I have never met anyone born here who says "do the math". Whether it's right or wrong grammatically it just sounds wrong to an English ear.
'
Math is not an 'americanism', maths might be however.

Why do Americans say it then whilst we don't?

Honest here, I have never heard an English person say "do the math."

reddishblue said:
mackenzie said:
I agree.

I have never met anyone born here who says "do the math". Whether it's right or wrong grammatically it just sounds wrong to an English ear.
'
Math is not an 'americanism', maths might be however.
My parents are both Maths teachers and are British. Maths is the English version "Math" is indeed an Americanism. Where did you learn to speak English?

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_(disambiguation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_(disambiguation</a>)

Sorry, the link doesn't quite work but if you click the link after the red text it will take you there.

bellwhaft said:
clubfoot said:
So did ballotelli get his maths gcse or not, I'm confused

He will need more than a GCSE to count the ding our club is stupidly going to fork out for him.
Are you still here? You've shown yourself to be clueless about football. Or, answer my point about your dim-witted comparison.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
bellwhaft said:
He will need more than a GCSE to count the ding our club is stupidly going to fork out for him.
Are you still here? You've shown yourself to be clueless about football. Or, answer my point about your dim-witted comparison.

No need for aggression old chap.

charliebigspuds said:
simon23 said:
from what ive seen of him id describe him as a young striker who is still very rough around the edges but who has lots of potential...he is also inconsistent which is normal and understandable at his age and point of development in his career.

he has all the physical attributes to make it in the prem....quick and strong, decent shot on him as well.

this player will need a lot of patience however.....he isnt going to be a top player the moment he arrives, and it will take him time to adapt......he will need in my opinon at least a season or so till he finds his feet......and i expect that (barring injuries) RM will use him sparingly

the fans must have patience with him and ignore the shit that is written in the media about him(he will undoubtedly attract a lot of negative press as he is a player who the media will love to hate...just like ade and robinho) and as i said he will be inconsisitent in his performances.....he probably wont be a plaeyer who does a lot of defending from the front either (though he can learn this)

i just hope the fans give him a fair crack of the whip IF we do sign him
I'll give anyone who pulls on our blue shirt a fair crack of the whip, any decent football fan would do. Its good that we're buying young hungry players, this can only be a good thing.

agree...you are preaching to the converted but there are some fans who are very impatient and turn on our own players the first sign of a problem...look at the way some have turned on Ireland....fans favourite and player of the year one season...next....lots of people want him gone, saying he is useless etc etc etc....balotelli will be inconsistent due to his age and the fact that he is playing in a new league and he seems also the tempremental type......some fans dont have the patience for this as they cannt see the bigger picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.