Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
clubfoot said:
The chicken or the egg? Discuss

Proven 2 days ago. Chicken

(CBS) British scientists claim to have solved one of the great mysteries of life, the universe and everything in it: The chicken came before the egg, they say, and they're not mincing words.

"It had long been suspected that the egg came first, but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first," Sheffield University's Dr Colin Freeman, according to a report in the Metro.

Researchers from Scotland and England used a supercomputer called HECToR to look in such detail at a chicken eggshell that they were able to determine the vital role of a protein used to kick-start the egg's formation.

That protein is only found, wait for it... inside a chicken.

Cobwebcat said:
reddishblue said:
MATH ffs is correct

No it isn't.

"Maths" is English "Do the math" is an Americanism.

It's nothing to do with singular or plural.

Americanism....... no place on here!

below is correct.................

Maths = correct

Math = incorrect

Math. (with a full-stop) = correct

Only Math. Is correct because the last letter of the abbreviation is NOT the last letter of the abbreviated word (Mathematics).

Maths doesn't need a full-stop and is correct per se, because 'S' is the last letter of 'Mathematics'.

Math. Needs a full-stop because 'H' isn't the last letter of 'Mathematics'.

However this is British English, it's typical of American English-users to ignore this rule, hence why Mr. and Mrs. Is used in America, as opposed to Mr and Mrs as used in the UK.

Mister
Misses

Mr ('R' = last letter of 'mister' = no full-stop needed)
Mrs ('S' = last letter of 'misses' = no full-stop needed)

NB: if you are American, a full-stop is the British term for a (grammatical!) 'Period'.

Hope this helps someone...

Meanwhile back on topic...................

bellwhaft said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
Are you still here? You've shown yourself to be clueless about football. Or, answer my point about your dim-witted comparison.

No need for aggression old chap.
No aggression shown. Exasperation maybe. I like discussing the relative merits of players with fellow blues on here. I do not enjoy seeing people on this site masquerading as blues making pathetic points which are meaningless and trivial. It's tiresome. Can't you go to your own site and discuss your own team? Have you got a retort to my coment or are you avoiding it because you haven't got a leg to stand on?

reddishblue said:
BringBackSwales said:
mathS FFS

MATH ffs is correct

Math ffs is fucking incorrect, in this country it is mathS, you have been watching too many "movies" (or films as I like to call them). Also what has maths got to do with the original quote anyway - rather be in one place or the other do the math, makes no fucking sense FFS<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:33 pm --<br /><br />
bellwhaft said:
Balotelli looks a fantastic player on youtube, almost as good as Samaras does.

tell you what though, your posts would look shit on youtube

Fuzzmaster101 said:
bellwhaft said:
No need for aggression old chap.
No aggression shown. Exasperation maybe. I like discussing the relative merits of players with fellow blues on here. I do not enjoy seeing people on this site masquerading as blues making pathetic points which are meaningless and trivial. It's tiresome. Can't you go to your own site and discuss your own team? Have you got a retort to my coment or are you avoiding it because you haven't got a leg to stand on?

OK what was your question, not atop my priority list. As for questioning my credentials, first game 1967 capt Johnny Crossan.

reddishblue said:
clubfoot said:
Math singular, maths plural. Do the sum or do one

Math is a shortened version of the word mathematics. Therefore no need to put an 's' on the end. Now you do the sum(s).

only if you think you are in a washington fucking redskins forum

-- Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:36 pm --

Giles said:
reddishblue said:
Math is a shortened version of the word mathematics. Therefore no need to put an 's' on the end. Now you do the sum(s).

Yeah but 'math' is a vile Americanism.

correct Giles, and you are a posh bloke who knows how to speak ENGLISH<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:37 pm --<br /><br />
mackenzie said:
reddishblue said:
'
Math is not an 'americanism', maths might be however.

Why do Americans say it then whilst we don't?

Honest here, I have never heard an English person say "do the math."

I have mate but only daft twats who got it from amercian films and tv show (I was goona say shows but s's don't matter any more apparently)

BringBackSwales said:
reddishblue said:
MATH ffs is correct

Math ffs is fucking incorrect, in this country it is mathS, you have been watching too many "movies" (or films as I like to call them). Also what has maths got to do with the original quote anyway - rather be in one place or the other do the math, makes no fucking sense FFS

-- Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:33 pm --

bellwhaft said:
Balotelli looks a fantastic player on youtube, almost as good as Samaras does.

tell you what though, your posts would look shit on youtube

Grate post. Hilarious.

While we are on this topic do you know what drives me mad?

When footballers say "The Manager has installed in us" when they mean "The Manager has instilled in us"

I try not to get mad but even the wife shouts at the telly with me now (well trained you see)

Oh and commentators who say "They have set their stall out" not that the expression is wrong just that I'm sick of it.

I'm going for a brew. It's all too much for me...

simon23 said:
charliebigspuds said:
I'll give anyone who pulls on our blue shirt a fair crack of the whip, any decent football fan would do. Its good that we're buying young hungry players, this can only be a good thing.

agree...you are preaching to the converted but there are some fans who are very impatient and turn on our own players the first sign of a problem...look at the way some have turned on Ireland....fans favourite and player of the year one season...next....lots of people want him gone, saying he is useless etc etc etc....balotelli will be inconsistent due to his age and the fact that he is playing in a new league and he seems also the tempremental type......some fans dont have the patience for this as they cannt see the bigger picture

is turning on Ireland somehow worse than turning on Santa Cruz or Garrido? (i.e. like you do WITH GREAT REGULARITY) - it is turning on CITY players that is wrong, not particular players cos you happen to like them or not like them; biggest double standard post I have seen from anyone in this forum this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.