Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Chippy_boy said:
I'm not so sure about this.

People seem to assume that we can keep buying better and better players and with a decent manager, and as the team gels, we will win things, then start to dominate and win everything.

But this view completely ignores what will happen to our competitors, and when.

The fact is there are currently a number of teams in the premiership that are ahead of us. Not only in footballing terms, but also as worldwide presence with significantly more appeal to the top players. Clearly Chelsea, the rags and arsenal fall into this category, but Liverpool do too, and even spuds might debate it.

On the face of it this is right, however the way we have done business this summer will not be replicated for a couple of reasons. Firstly our hand has been forced in speeding up the recruitment drive due to the twatini plans, were also very shrewdly buying up the best of british to combat the home grown rule, we in effect are monopolizing the next generation of England players. Also the idea of sugar daddies becoming second nature in the prem could become a reality but these so called people are not even in the same stratosphere as our owner, you can have as many romans as you want but they won't fight toe to toe with the shiekh, it isn't prudent for outside business factors, our royal prince has his hands in pies all over the world and he will stay at the head of that table as long as he sees fit.

Fuck Liverpool, and fuck the scum...... its our turn

Currently, of them only chelsea can even try to match our spending power. But what wbout the others? The replacement of the blazers with massively more wealthy owners is in my view inevitable. Likewise at Liverpool. And maybe even arsenal.

If this happens before we have "arrived" we could be looking at being only one of several clubs with enormously deep pockets, but without the appeal that some of the others have. Even if we are on parity with them, who's to say we will win everything. With an equally good manager and equally good players, we might expect to be in there competing, but not winning everything.

The way I see it panning out over the next 5 years is that there will be a top 5 consisting us, Chelsea, the rags, Liverpool and arsenal, all scrapping it out each year. Clealry a huge and refreshing change from the past 34 years, but not the world domination some people are expecting.

i agree with what he wrote. but i dont see what it has to do with the balo situation?

I don;t know what Balotelli and Milner earn now and I don;t know what they will earn with us.But,what if both respective clubs agreed to selling prior to the world cup.In view of them being at the world cup and needing resting,maybe we have struck a deal with the clubs to build in their current wage with the transfer deal,thus saving us the difference.Lets say they both get a 50k rise[I know I;m picking numbers out of the air here]but 50k for both over 12 weeks will save us 1.2mil.Not a massive amount but its like 2 full houses in the carling cup at 15 quid a ticket.

sambacity4eva said:
Armaan said:
fellas, is it the full team out for tonights game?

I should hope so never known a team to start with less than 11 men ;)

Nah i know what you asking. I should hope so mate. David silva has to feature surely.

Its our last friendly we have to go full strength.
Im sure Boateng, silva, kolarov and yaya wil all play and now Tevez is back he'll probably be in there too.

20sbc07 said:
sambacity4eva said:
I should hope so never known a team to start with less than 11 men ;)

Nah i know what you asking. I should hope so mate. David silva has to feature surely.

Im sure Boateng, silva, kolarov and yaya wil all play and now Tevez is back he'll probably be in there too.
agree thatwe should have the full team out tonight!! the team need some game time together and we need some confidence for going to spurs next week! we need a top response to our other pre-season matches!

richards30 said:
20sbc07 said:
agree thatwe should have the full team out tonight!! the team need some game time together and we need some confidence for going to spurs next week! we need a top response to our other pre-season matches!
The team that starts today will probably be the one that we will see line up against spurs next saturday.

Hart
Boateng
Toure
Kompany
Kolarov
Yaya
Barry
Johnson
Silva
Tevez
Adebayor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.