Micah Richards

Micah_Richards_280x_715091a.jpg

Mario Balotelli

Micha looks a bit gay in that pic.

Pam said:
baldybouncer said:
Let me translate this ... "the Daily Mail want Inter to want 34 mill for him"

Translate this, then.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1295938/Manchester-City-closing-35m-Inter-misfit-Mario-Balotelli.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... telli.html</a>

This one's easy ... "Manchester City was going to pay 34 mill for a gay, black, jewish, teenage delinquent intent on fleeing Italy and claiming asylum in the UK. The extra 1 mill will be paid direct to Balowhateverhisname to enable him to pay his legal costs to fight deportation"

Daily Mail are so predictable!!

fbloke said:
Damocles said:
Think you have me confused with somebody else! :P

2 quick Q's then Dam'

Has he played for Italy at full international level? - Thinking young man, moves to England and ends up playing for England?

The other Q = are we looking at a more talented version of Ade here, with similar journey through current club? Seems to me there are some parallels?

He's never being capped for Italy, though I seem to recall him being in or around the squad pre-World Cup. He has been capped at U-21 which means changing nationalities isn't possible. Besides, he's actually from Ghana then picked up his Italian passport a couple of years ago due to some complications with his adoption from his natural parents.

Anyway, personally I can see the parallels with his situation and Ade's situation, though Balo's is far worse. At times in the past, he's been labelled a national disgrace (in particularly after he got sent off for U-21s), has had racist chanting directed at him, has been booed by his home fans who were singing about him in a very....uncomplimentary way. They also fiddled with his car and tried to kill him; they certainly weren't fucking about. Due to this, he doesn't play like Ade. Ade seems to play with a big cheeky smile on his face, Balo plays like he's a lit fuse. He walks around with this supreme confidence in his own ability (which he's right about), yet if somebody looks at him the wrong way he'd snap their head off. He's a very cold player at times when in an Inter shirt. To make a better analogy, Balo is the footballing version of Mike Tyson.

Once he gets out from under the Inter fans and Italian press, who knows how he will change. He is still a daft kid, but the important thing is that unlike Anelka and Ibra, he doesn't have this sense of entitlement about him. His immaturity lies not in the fact that the world owes him a living like most, but that he feels he owes the world a kicking for the taunts that he's had to endure.

Footballing wise, he's a little Ade-ish. He's certainly good in the air, and likes to run at/turn people. He'd be crap up front on his own though, he's very much a "GIVE ME THE BALL NOW" type of player ala Tevez, which would make him a bit headless chickeny.
One of the reasons I love him is the same that I loved Vieri way back when. He hits the ball SO hard, it's like firing a bazooka at the keeper. He's also deceptively clever in his movement and as strong as an ox.

He could be a real gem, or he could turn out to be a serial killer. I'm betting on the former though, Mancini has nursed him through his time at Inter and Balo trusts him. Mancini needs to focus all of that Catherine Wheel of aggression into his game, instead of him randomly snapping people on or off the pitch. It's just a question of him growing out of it into a professional, and with players like ours around him, I think he'd do fine.

baldybouncer said:
cityboy1 said:
inter want 34 mill for him

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1296078/Manchester-City-told-pay-34million-Inter-Milan-ace-Mario-Balotelli.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... telli.html</a>

Let me translate this ... "the Daily Mail want Inter to want 34 mill for him"

yeh pretty much

one thing is for certain is that if we do sign this guy, the media will be all over him fro day one..willing him to fail..he is one of those players that they will never let rest on....he will be a target for all sorts of rumours from the british press.....they will try and turn his own fans on him and make him a hate figure...just like various other players (especially ade)....

RM needs to protect this kid from the british press as they could seriously damage him

Damocles said:
fbloke said:
2 quick Q's then Dam'

Has he played for Italy at full international level? - Thinking young man, moves to England and ends up playing for England?

The other Q = are we looking at a more talented version of Ade here, with similar journey through current club? Seems to me there are some parallels?

He's never being capped for Italy, though I seem to recall him being in or around the squad pre-World Cup. He has been capped at U-21 which means changing nationalities isn't possible. Besides, he's actually from Ghana then picked up his Italian passport a couple of years ago due to some complications with his adoption from his natural parents.

Anyway, personally I can see the parallels with his situation and Ade's situation, though Balo's is far worse. At times in the past, he's been labelled a national disgrace (in particularly after he got sent off for U-21s), has had racist chanting directed at him, has been booed by his home fans who were singing about him in a very....uncomplimentary way. They also fiddled with his car and tried to kill him; they certainly weren't fucking about. Due to this, he doesn't play like Ade. Ade seems to play with a big cheeky smile on his face, Balo plays like he's a lit fuse. He walks around with this supreme confidence in his own ability (which he's right about), yet if somebody looks at him the wrong way he'd snap their head off. He's a very cold player at times when in an Inter shirt. To make a better analogy, Balo is the footballing version of Mike Tyson.

Once he gets out from under the Inter fans and Italian press, who knows how he will change. He is still a daft kid, but the important thing is that unlike Anelka and Ibra, he doesn't have this sense of entitlement about him. His immaturity lies not in the fact that the world owes him a living like most, but that he feels he owes the world a kicking for the taunts that he's had to endure.

Footballing wise, he's a little Ade-ish. He's certainly good in the air, and likes to run at/turn people. He'd be crap up front on his own though, he's very much a "GIVE ME THE BALL NOW" type of player ala Tevez, which would make him a bit headless chickeny.
One of the reasons I love him is the same that I loved Vieri way back when. He hits the ball SO hard, it's like firing a bazooka at the keeper. He's also deceptively clever in his movement and as strong as an ox.

He could be a real gem, or he could turn out to be a serial killer. I'm betting on the former though, Mancini has nursed him through his time at Inter and Balo trusts him. Mancini needs to focus all of that Catherine Wheel of aggression into his game, instead of him randomly snapping people on or off the pitch. It's just a question of him growing out of it into a professional, and with players like ours around him, I think he'd do fine.

When we do get him (very positive there you see), I'd love to see him square up to Shrek or Weo!

Damocles said:
fbloke said:
2 quick Q's then Dam'

Christ, can you imagine him and Bellers in training ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.