Balotelli

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Blue Haze said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I would not have signed him and said so at the time. I would have a 'NO TWATS' transfer policy as they are almost always more trouble than they are worth. We have seen that here plenty of times in recent years.

However, I was willing to place faith in the opinion of Mancini on this one as the lad had potential (although nowhere near the amount that the hype would suggest - anything comparing him with the best players in the world is a joke).

I cannot stand the off field stuff though and it is insulting to Mancini, the club and the fans that he continues to be involved in a stupid incident every couple of months.

However, where it really counts, on the pitch, he has generally been poor. The fact that his biggest fans constantly point to the semi and the final, games in which he did nothing more than 'play well' is a sad indictment of the ability that he has shown here.

He cannot dribble or produce a game changing trick, although he seems convinced that he can. He does not score goals. He is not a creative passer. And if that doesn't change then he is not worth persisting with, given his attitude (even if he gets slightly better by 'NO TWATS' policy would still deem him not worth it, but that is probably unrealistic).

His number one priority when he gets possession is whether he can do something that can make him seem special. If that isn't on then you can often see him, in the instance that he realises this, become instantly disinterested and playing a half hearted loose pass or choosing to play the less incisive option because it involves less effort. I can't stand this.

What really, really winds me up though is the FA Cup homecoming shite though. It seems that this has been brushed under the carpet and everyone at the club wants to forget it. But FFS, even Tevez, who must have thought that he would never be coming back, had the decency to turn up. Yet this wanker hot foots it back to Italy. It sums up what he thinks of this club, for me.

Actually, that isn't what winds me up the most about him, his fanboys do. A debate about his influence on the pitch is not for them. No, the more reasoned of them repeat a never ending mantra of 'potential' whilst the more childish just want to read about him being a nob and get giddy about a shit song.

Can you tell I haven't got any time for the bloke until he actually does something on the pitch to earn it?

The most accurate post I've ever seen regarding Balotelli. Especially your description of how he plays.

Yup, I'll second that

Endorsed by me also.
Great post.

Damocles, I hope your persistence that City will win the league will turn out to be more accurate than your persistence that Balotelli is the best player in the squad. I respect and value your opinion on footballing matters more than anyone else on this forum, so every game that goes by I cross my fingers that all of these things that make Balotelli supposedly one of the best players in the world will finally click.

Until then, he continues to act and play like a twat.

We can only use the "he's a youngster from a poor upbringing" excuse so much longer; many footballers come from bad backgrounds, just like there are a lot of 21 year olds who are much more mature.

I think Balotelli himself said at the FA CUP final , that his season was SHIT...so this shows he is a self conscious person and he knows that he needs to up his game for the benefit of the team. Isn't this a least a good sign for any of you guys?
How many 20 year olds have to take so much pressure as him? He will come good.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Silva is the new gold said:
nellyonthewing said:
Let's end the myth now ,once and for all .This brooding ,undisciplined tool is a liability.
Once again his only contributions were a couple of half hearted flicks,an unnecessary head to head and a writhing around on the turf after an innocuous tackle.
He is not supremely talented,he is not a world beater he is a lazy ,spoilt half wit.
He does not like Manchester and I do not like him. He is a disgrace to our club and Mancini should be man enough and get shut now.

So what you're telling me is he has tricked his way into earning a living as a footballer and getting both us and Inter to sign him. Not only that but you recognise he is not supremely talented whereas the best manager in the world who worked with him day to day said he was one of the most talented people he had ever worked with. I think I'm going to believe Mourinho over someone who has probably seen him play less than 50 times. It really is laughable. Self appointed football experts.

What's laughable is the endless defense of the indefensible. No-one disputes that Balotelli has talent, but what is very much in doubt, is whether he has what it takes mentally to use that talent. And on that score, Mourinho described him as unmanageable. On the basis of what we saw in his first season, I'd say he simply can't be relied on.

Well the one who I quoted was disputing his talent, hence that post in reaction. Mourinho isn't famed for managing players that need a lot of direction though. That's why he generally has older players who he prefers. Also he fell out with Ronaldo several times because he wasn't willing to track back.

OrigamiNinja said:
Have said all along that this guy is a myth! Keep waiting to see this unbelievable talent he has. Sick of watching his half arsed approach to games!

You tell em fella, but we are 1 fackin charity game before the season starts and a lot of you are writing him off, about his attitude etec, etc.
Usually this type of bullying is the presses job, but with the supporters calling him it could bring out the best in him. Treat him mean to keep him keen. Come on Balo

Now that Aguero has arrived we can stop worrying about Balo. Bobby Manc wont stand for anymore nonsense, its now up to him to sort himself out.

I am sick to fucking death hearing about he's 'only 20'.
When i was that age i had a child, a house and all the worries of bills and shit, while losing my dad to terminal cancer at 50.

I'm sure there are shitloads of people on here, who didn't act like cunts at that age also. He is a petulant little prick, who is a stain on our club, remember the karate kick in the europa league? What about not turning up for his award at the players awards evening? Oh and of course, where was he when the lads were parading the cup? Now manchester is shite, what next?

Get rid, i can't be arsed with the 'mario show' this season.

Re: today's game, keep your heads up blues, we will benefit from this, as the lads will be smarting and will push on, come monday night, keep the faith!

glen quagmire said:
I am sick to fucking death hearing about he's 'only 20'.
When i was that age i had a child, a house and all the worries of bills and shit, while losing my dad to terminal cancer at 50.

I'm sure there are shitloads of people on here, who didn't act like cunts at that age also. He is a petulant little prick, who is a stain on our club, remember the karate kick in the europa league? What about not turning up for his award at the players awards evening? Oh and of course, where was he when the lads were parading the cup? Now manchester is shite, what next?

Get rid, i can't be arsed with the 'mario show' this season.

Re: today's game, keep your heads up blues, we will benefit from this, as the lads will be smarting and will push on, come monday night, keep the faith!

+1
I'll give him another season as Eto'o or another striker is looking unlikely. But he isn't going to be here long-term, we all know that.

nellyonthewing said:
db79ctid said:
De Jong was as bad if not worse than Balotelli today lets get rid of him as well, to many times sold an easy dummy and bought it. Yaya didn't play well get rid, same with Kompany so let's rip it up and start again ffs. Season not stared yet and the same old hate comes out

De Jong had no one up front to pass to because Balotelli was stood there playing with himself, Dzecko was man marked and this allowed their defence to run into midfield and crowd De Jong. Have you ever played in midfield when your forwards make no runs and just stand there with their finger up their arse.
De Jong is there to break up play show me where he did that today. Service was stinking and midfield weren't in the game. Balotelli never got the ball and when he did his only option was a simple ball BACKWARDS not his fault. As a team we were poor lets not put all the blame on one kids shoulders

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.