Balotelli

spanishblue said:
seriously which one of you out there does not think they could have contributed more than balotelli yesterday.
I am 53 never played football at high standard but i do believe i could have put in more effort and contributed more than the most overrated player EVER to wear a City shirt

im 58 and seen some shite in my time watching city. ive also seen signs of what this kid is capable of.

the team played shite yesterday and balotelli was one of the team no worse and no better than the rest. we just never grab hold of the game there pace and our poor defending didnt help. but over all there team was better prepared. if your looking for scapegoats on this particular occation i think bob got thing wrong.

i still hope and believe balotelli can become a great player, certainly not for his sake but for ours.

this feeding frenzy may become a self-fulfilling prophecy

I keep hearing these words 'potential', 'ability' and 'gifted' but so far we've seen negligable evidence of such attributes.

I think people are kidding themselves that he'll suddenly become a world class player when he has a couple more candles on his birthday cake.

"I think he can do his job better. He can play better than he did today. But it's important he works for the team like the other players."

From the gaffers own mouth and exactly what many of us are also saying.

He needs to start performing or he will be gone.

He needs to start playing up front instead of putting him on the wings where he is wasted.

unbelievable this place at times in here we have people defending a player who did next to fuck all yesterday playing back heels to nobody and rolling on the floor when he fucks it up and in the dzeko thread there are some ripping him apart for having a decent game and scoring a quality goal!

PSmyth07 said:
He needs to start playing up front instead of putting him on the wings where he is wasted.

are you pissed ? if he was upfront on his own, the amount of pressure that would be invited onto our team is unthinkable. it scares me more than the prospect of jerome boateng playing cb for city did

dref619 said:
PSmyth07 said:

are you pissed ? if he was upfront on his own, the amount of pressure that would be invited onto our team is unthinkable. it scares me more than the prospect of jerome boateng playing cb for city did

Balotelli has a turn of pace, good first touch, good finisher and can hold the ball up. It should have been either Balotelli or Dzeko yesterday, not both.

PSmyth07 said:
dref619 said:
PSmyth07 said:

Balotelli has a turn of pace, good first touch, good finisher and can hold the ball up. It should have been either Balotelli or Dzeko yesterday, not both.

yeah i agree, should have been one or the other. but the one who was up top was the right one for me. balotelli arses about, rolls around, and loses the ball to easy for me to be up top

spanishblue said:
samharris said:
Mancio said:
edited for accuracy ;)

they listen to a rag who attack balo becouse he is in fear and they buy the shit

Neville is the player who still played alongside Cuntona after the intentional karate kick on the fan,he is the same player who still played alongside the pikey after ending alfies carreer with an intentional attack yet still finds time to dig at Balo.I dont recall Balo attacking a fan or breaking another players leg yet hes the brunt of all the media and scum loving pundits bile.

And Blues on here fall for it every time.. oh yeah cuntona and keane were older than twenty when the attacks happened.. Ive proof...honest.

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 am --

spanishblue said:
samharris said:
Neville is the player who still played alongside Cuntona after the intentional karate kick on the fan,he is the same player who still played alongside the pikey after ending alfies carreer with an intentional attack yet still finds time to dig at Balo.I dont recall Balo attacking a fan or breaking another players leg yet hes the brunt of all the media and scum loving pundits bile.

And Blues on here fall for it every time.. oh yeah cuntona and keane were older than twenty when the attacks happened.. Ive proof...honest.

They (like it or not)played football and gave 100% something we will never get off this embarrassment(rolling round on the ground yesterday) of a player he puts us in the headlines for all the wrong reasons his time will be short hopefully

yes lets get rid of a player cos he rolls around on the ground then eh.. Imagine what would happen to Barca if they did that..

Mind you, your post does have me rolling around on the floor... :)

One thing yesterday should have shown us, is that to be successful you need 11 players fully committd to the team. United highlighted it, every player was committed whether it be Nani, Young or whoever and noticeably last seasons top scorer (Berbatov) who isnt prepared to join in with the team ethic has been dispatched to the stands. Similar to Barcelona and Ibrahimovich.

Balotelli unfortunately typified this allowing Smalling to walk past him to support his United teammates and to be a passenger in the game reather than trying to influence the outcome.

Some have said it was a more important game to United, I think Its more that there players want to win, a mentality thing rather than a reflection of a one off game. We need players like that to drag us back into games, Balo at the moment is not a player we can count on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.