Balotelli

His age isn't an excuse at all, he needs to sort himself out as like that rat faced c*nt said, we spend more time defending him at press conferences than discussing our team.

Writing him off as a footballer is stupid though, he has obvious talent and has shown it several times. His attitude is really poor though and unless that changes we'll only ever see flashes of what he can do. And we really need 100% workrate in our system.

Even Mancini is getting fucked off with him now and rightly so. One of if not the most gifted player we have and the potential of the lad is incredible but it really is about time we started to talk about his football and not his bad attitude etc.

Having my doubts he will be with us much longer which is a shame as he will be world class but we cant wait forever for him to "mature".

MyJeckyllDoesntHyde said:
You're absolutely right, players that gave their all like Bellamy shown the door while we accommodate what I now consider a boringly predictable brat. Does anyone genuinely believe he cares if we win a game let alone trophies? There is no way he can be good for team morale. Mancini needs to act, Wenger and baconface wouldn't put up with his nonsense.

Silva is the new gold said:
nellyonthewing said:
Let's end the myth now ,once and for all .This brooding ,undisciplined tool is a liability.
Once again his only contributions were a couple of half hearted flicks,an unnecessary head to head and a writhing around on the turf after an innocuous tackle.
He is not supremely talented,he is not a world beater he is a lazy ,spoilt half wit.
He does not like Manchester and I do not like him. He is a disgrace to our club and Mancini should be man enough and get shut now.

So what you're telling me is he has tricked his way into earning a living as a footballer and getting both us and Inter to sign him. Not only that but you recognise he is not supremely talented whereas the best manager in the world who worked with him day to day said he was one of the most talented people he had ever worked with. I think I'm going to believe Mourinho over someone who has probably seen him play less than 50 times. It really is laughable. Self appointed football experts.

What's laughable is the endless defense of the indefensible. No-one disputes that Balotelli has talent, but what is very much in doubt, is whether he has what it takes mentally to use that talent. And on that score, Mourinho described him as unmanageable. On the basis of what we saw in his first season, I'd say he simply can't be relied on.

at the moment, his touches of brilliance are too few are far between to negate his petulance -- he needs to realise that, unless he starts hitting the back of the net on a regular basis, everybody will eventually grow tired of seeing him either having at go at his teammates or being sat on the floor feigning knee injuries.

on a side note, the knee thing makes me think that he doesn't have anywhere near the level of confidence in his ability that he seems to portray. in that respect, he's his own worst enemy; because his words ultimately only heap more and more pressure on him to deliver the goods, which he hasn't been doing.

it's really up to him. he can either keep a low profile, roll his sleeves up and improve as a player, or just fizzle out.

Blue Haze said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I would not have signed him and said so at the time. I would have a 'NO TWATS' transfer policy as they are almost always more trouble than they are worth. We have seen that here plenty of times in recent years.

However, I was willing to place faith in the opinion of Mancini on this one as the lad had potential (although nowhere near the amount that the hype would suggest - anything comparing him with the best players in the world is a joke).

I cannot stand the off field stuff though and it is insulting to Mancini, the club and the fans that he continues to be involved in a stupid incident every couple of months.

However, where it really counts, on the pitch, he has generally been poor. The fact that his biggest fans constantly point to the semi and the final, games in which he did nothing more than 'play well' is a sad indictment of the ability that he has shown here.

He cannot dribble or produce a game changing trick, although he seems convinced that he can. He does not score goals. He is not a creative passer. And if that doesn't change then he is not worth persisting with, given his attitude (even if he gets slightly better by 'NO TWATS' policy would still deem him not worth it, but that is probably unrealistic).

His number one priority when he gets possession is whether he can do something that can make him seem special. If that isn't on then you can often see him, in the instance that he realises this, become instantly disinterested and playing a half hearted loose pass or choosing to play the less incisive option because it involves less effort. I can't stand this.

What really, really winds me up though is the FA Cup homecoming shite though. It seems that this has been brushed under the carpet and everyone at the club wants to forget it. But FFS, even Tevez, who must have thought that he would never be coming back, had the decency to turn up. Yet this wanker hot foots it back to Italy. It sums up what he thinks of this club, for me.

Actually, that isn't what winds me up the most about him, his fanboys do. A debate about his influence on the pitch is not for them. No, the more reasoned of them repeat a never ending mantra of 'potential' whilst the more childish just want to read about him being a nob and get giddy about a shit song.

Can you tell I haven't got any time for the bloke until he actually does something on the pitch to earn it?

The most accurate post I've ever seen regarding Balotelli. Especially your description of how he plays.

Yup, I'll second that

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Remind me how the goal came about in the F.A cup final, you seem to have erased that from your memory. It was a game changing trick and a creative pass all in one.

We must have totally differing views on the vision and ability that it takes to back heel a short pass from a standing position, compared to proper, match turning vision possessed by the likes of, funnily enough, Silva.

Anyway, he might have produced something exceptional there, although it wasn't in my book, but every professional footballer can produce something exceptional every so often. It is those that do it regularly that are the exceptional players. And no-one can tell me that he does, or ever has.

Well that vision did turn the match, in our favour. You said he is not a creative passer, well I thought I'd show you just one example of where he came up with a very creative pass.

As I say, we have very different views as to what sort of ability it takes to do that.

I can honestly say that I find team mates, ten yards away, making a short run, with similar types of back heeled passes every team I play. And I am shite. Yet some of the passes and skills that the likes of Silva regularly exhibits are massively beyond me.

The 'skill' you have highlighted is nowhere near exceptional in my book, or most people's I suspect

Have said all along that this guy is a myth! Keep waiting to see this unbelievable talent he has. Sick of watching his half arsed approach to games!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.