Bands you wished you'd seen and bands you did see

Seen Springsteen (13 times), saw AC/DC in Dusseldorf couple of weeks ago (best gig I was ever at!!), seen Pearl Jam, the pogues, seen U2, Metallica in the 80's and 90's, Guns and Roses (original line up), Soundgarden (the night after Cobain re-arranged his face), Alanis, NIN, Tool, Black Crowes, Van Morrision, Depeche Mode, Josh Ritter (brilliant giddy kipper), Jacko in 1988, The Police, Rolling Stones, (Early) Steve Earle,

Want to see Motorhead (21st Nov), Airbourne, Kid Rock, Bob Dylan, Iron Maiden, John Cougar Mellencamp, Kings of Leon, Peter Gabriel, Sime Nugent, ZZ Top

Wished I had seen AC/DC with Bon Scott, would have had to have a time machine, The Four Horsemen, Johnny Cash, Led Zep, Otis Redding, Pink Floyd, Queen, Simon and Garfunkel, Van Halen

Great Thread!!!!

Seen - New Order, Chameleons, Edwin Star, Smiths, Roses, Bunnymen, 808 State, James, Mantronix ,Bowie, Paris Angels (bedlum!!), Oasis, Doves, KOL and many many more
Wished - Who, Aretha, Buzzcocks (pre cabaret),Dusty Springfield, Velvet Underground, Early Rolling Stones, Pistols.
One To See - Delphic

Stuart said:
wish i had seen talking heads , the specials , the doors , tenor saw , augustus pablo , herbie hancock , george clinton , eric b & rakim , james brown , grandmaster flash , sugarhill gang .

did see kraftwerk , run dmc , 808 state .
As much as I enjoyed James Brown, I would swap RUN DMC with you. Sadly we will never see either now :(

Missed AC/DC with Scott but saw Back in Black tour.

Got to see John Martyn numerous times, RIP John

Bombo said:
wished I'd seen
The clash, the specials (putting that right in may), the jam and bob Marley

Did see
The smiths, the stone roses

This thread Is cos my uncle saw the above bands and I was jealous of him as I was too young at the time but lads younger than me are jealous that I saw the smiths and the roses
In their pomp who are the bands you'd wished you'd seen and didn't and who are the ledgendary ones you did?

youre me in disguise!
not so bothered about the clash, but the rest is absolutley same as.
very glad that the specials are back to tick that box.
Smiths 3 times, roses twice
Im guessing you age 40?

simonk said:
Bombo said:
wished I'd seen
The clash, the specials (putting that right in may), the jam and bob Marley

Did see
The smiths, the stone roses

This thread Is cos my uncle saw the above bands and I was jealous of him as I was too young at the time but lads younger than me are jealous that I saw the smiths and the roses
In their pomp who are the bands you'd wished you'd seen and didn't and who are the ledgendary ones you did?

youre me in disguise!
not so bothered about the clash, but the rest is absolutley same as.
very glad that the specials are back to tick that box.

Spot on mate 41 in two weeks

Smiths 3 times, roses twice
Im guessing you age 40?

Citysmith said:
Wished I had seen AC/DC with Bon Scott, would have had to have a time machine, The Four Horsemen, Johnny Cash, Led Zep, Otis Redding, Pink Floyd, Queen, Simon and Garfunkel, Van Halen

Great Thread!!!!

I saw Simon and Garfunkel (albeit not in their heyday but in 2004). However, to just sit there and witness those two singing those songs was an absolute privilege. And to understand the history/dynamic between those two made it even more fascinating.

Saw McCartney in the Cavern, I hate him as much as most but it was kinda cool being squashed in there with 350 others, seen Dylan, John Martyn a few times (RIP John), The Verve in front of 40 and 25,000 people, Smashing Pumpkins in their prime (93), Neil Young a few times, once with CSNY in New York, Pearl Jam at the Brixton Accademy in 93, saw the Who when Entwistle was still alive (Zach Starkey on drums, Joe Strummer opened)

I wish I'd been able to see Free, Led Zep, The Stones in early 70's, Gram Parsons/Buritto Bros, Screaming Trees, Blind Melon

Would still love to see The Black Crowes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.