Banned from Glory Glory

Craig_J said:
Yeah, I sued to like Man City but now it seems like your fans are turning into what Chelsea fans are, forgetting what they were ebfore being brought and believing they have a divine right to success because of the money their owner spends.
As I recall we were finishing above you in the PL before Abramovich came along. :)

Craig_J said:

We've already purchased land and are currently demolishing buildings to make space for the new ground next to White Hart Lane....

Levy can use his money to build a new ground

We'll use the new stadiums money

New stadium (getting repetive now)

Arsenal spend the same as us, if you only include transfer fee's than eys we spend more. But if your actually working out wages aswell Arsenal spend around the same.

And you blow us out the water on both.
So in other words, you're basing your club matching the FFPR on building a new stadium which hasn't been built yet and funded by your owners money...

YET you criticise Manchester City for having an owner who's going to upgrade the capacity of the City of Manchester Stadium and other initiatives in order to meet the FFPR which you say the club will never meet. You think for a club like City it is impossible for them to meet the rules, when we have the same revenue as you WITHOUT Champions League money, and will rise exponentially with it.

You're pinning your hopes on qualifying for the Champions League on the back of utilising the revenue raised by your new stadium. Manchester City are doing the same thing, you're just as guilty as us by your logic.

Spurs, using owners money to invest in a new stadium rather the revenue they generate themselves (at your own admission) in order to have enough funds available to strengthen significantly for the purpose of qualifying for the Champions League in order to reach a level of self-sustainability, tut tut tut, for shame. FFPR won't help you any more than it'll help Aston Villa, Newcastle or Bolton suddenly start challenging for the Top 4.

Is this spurs fan really waiting for a bright future or just trying to convince himself?

A nw stadium wont solve all your problems and the fact that Liverpool have catched you and their future looks brighter than yours too.

It doesn't look good for spurs. Attracting top players in the summer might be hard for you. Spurs are a good side...but there is like 5 premier league clubs whos future looks much brighter than theirs. Thats why i dont think they will get back and have good CL runs like this year.

Castiel said:
Craig_J said:
Yeah, I sued to like Man City but now it seems like your fans are turning into what Chelsea fans are, forgetting what they were ebfore being brought and believing they have a divine right to success because of the money their owner spends.
As I recall we were finishing above you in the PL before Abramovich came along. :)
Don't want to piss on your chips but since it was introduced, we've never finished above Chelsea in the Premier League other than the very first season.

Pigeonho said:
Castiel said:
Craig_J said:
Don't want to piss on your chips but since it was introduced, we've never finished above Chelsea in the Premier League other than the very first season.
Some confusion here I think Pigeon. Craig is a Spurs fan, I'm a Chelsea fan - I was pointing out that Chelsea were finishing in the top 4 before Abramovich and way above Spurs.

Castiel said:
Pigeonho said:
Castiel said:
Craig_J said:
Some confusion here I think Pigeon. Craig is a Spurs fan, I'm a Chelsea fan - I was pointing out that Chelsea were finishing in the top 4 before Abramovich and way above Spurs.
Ah I see, fair do's.

Craig_J :-

Bullsh1t, that accusation was going to be thrown at us no matter what happened a a result as you well know, it's down to jealousy, pure and simple and you can come back and dress it up how you like.

Pigeonho said:
Castiel said:
Craig_J said:

Pidge in 'jumping in to have a pop at other City fans' shocker, sometimes mate you should keep your powder dry but your default position seems to be 'I piss on your chips', ho hum, takes all sorts I s'pose.

BTW has anyone mentioned that Irving Scholar was the prime architect of the unholy mess that the premier league has become yet?

Craig_J said:
I'd rather have the FFP than what we have now.

At the moment two clubs are in the top 4 who have been brought over and had "investment" put in. They're the two that are hardest to compete with financialy.

Your comparing football purelly to a business, that annoys me more than anything. It's not just a business it's something which is part of the community.

Your right, unfortuantely that is the only way to compete. But does it make it right still?

I'm sorry to break it to you, but professional football has always been a business. It's just that it's gone from being the equivalent of a corner shop to the equivalent of Walmart.

You might like to go back to the days when top clubs were owned by TV dealers and local doctors and the like, when TV was in black-and-white, when the crowd wore flat caps and carried rattles (and stood) and when the players got a decent wage but were not made for life by warming a bench for three years. Guess what? If all things were equal I wouldn't mind joining you, but it's impossible, and even if it wasn't, football would still be a business.

It is also impossible to make football 'fair' because clubs' sizes and incomes vary so much. Anyway, what is 'fair'? 'Fair' is an subjective not an objective term. I guarantee that if I drew up my manifesto for a 'fair' society and you drew up yours, the two would be utterly different. Simply because 'fair' means different things to different people.

Fans with a romantic view of football, who long for some non-existent golden age, are wasting their time supporting a Premier League team, be it City, Spurs or anyone else. They would be better off watching their local amateur side.

As for 'right' - there is no right or wrong in business (see above) only the law. And in the case of football, the rules of the game and the associations.
When laws and rules are passed, they often have unforseen effects. I think City will have no problem with the fair funding rules, certainly not in the long term. Other clubs are going to find they are a permanent glass ceiling.
And the privileged few, the likes of Rags, Barcelona, and Real Madrid for example, will be safe in their protective cocoon for ever. Very 'fair' that. Very 'right'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.