Banned from Glory Glory

mad4city said:
A long p[ost but a true story...

I've been educated by reading this thread.

You see, I'm just back from a bit of a holiday and I spent last Saturday in a pub in Spain, decked out in my City jersey, watching the Everton game. There was a couple behind me; a Spurs fan and his wife and as the second half progressed with Everton dominating, he started to lay into me about how we were bottlers and a waste of money and always going to be in the shadow of... well, you get the picture.
Well, what could I do only let it in one ear and out the other? After all, I'm sat there with my wife and our two year old is asleep in his buggy; we're on hols, the life's easy, the sun is shining and sure, what of it? It's only a bit of banter, right? So, I laughed it off and shot a few remarks back. He laughed too - quite heartily - as I recall.
So, then came the Spurs v Blackpool game and his smile steadily drains away as he goes quieter and quieter.
"Making a worse job of it than our lot?" I suggested after the two penalties. I was trying to remain friendly - like I say, it was holiday time.
No reply. It's all picture and no sound for a good while until...
Defoe scored.
Well, tables were banged amid hollors of joy. Hugs and kisses ago-go for his missus. It was a good thing our kid had already woken up because this lad would have roused the dead.
"See that, City?!" he roared. "See that! That's how ya come back! We never lie down like your lot, today!"
I gritted my teeth and the wife gave me one of her 'don't start' looks.
Of course, you'll be aware that it didn't last long for him. The game ended and the realisation that a draw was fuck all good to them was probably compounded by me punching the air at the final whistle.
So, as we finished our drinks (and no, I wasn't on the piss with a two year old in tow) he starts to grumbling...
"What we oughta get is a billionaire facking Arab!" he says bitterly.
"Ye should never have hung up the phone on Abramovich, should ye?" I respond.
"I was talking to my facking wife!!" he roars at me.
"He was talikng to me," confirms his facking wife
"Fair enough," I say and bid them good day (to no reply).
I left thinking that well, every club has dickheads and he just happens to be a jealous, ignorant Spurs dickhead.
Imagine my surprise when I read this thread and find out that he's typical of the species.

Love this

Craig_J said:
We will get a new stadium in NPD. It HAS to happen. The council will now have seen that they risk losing us unless they sort it out, we'll be fine for a new ground.

As for UEFA saying you'll pass with flying colours where's the link?

Look, all of you are saying I shouldn't be happy with the FFP rules. Well at the moment we're making a good ammount of money, we made loss one year. All the rest we've made profits.

And we're going to be building a new stadium soon. FFP doesn't take into consideration the money spent on stadiums etc, only on player transfers.

Am I worried at all? No. Am I looking forward to FFP? Yes, very much so.
Spurs income soared with the advent of Champions League. Without it your revenue will slip back down to around £90m like before. Spurs expenses however are around £49m.

That leaves you with £41m for transfers and financing a stadium. With no land you can realistically purchase without moving away from your established fanbase how exactly do you propose to build this 60,000 seater stadium?

Your club is bankrolled by Levy and his consortium, so you can't use that money anymore. You've lost the exposure the Champions League brings, which after failing after one season to get back in and embarrassing yourselves against Real Madrid means most, if any, will remember you as a flop. (Bale spared your blushes)

You'll meet the FFPR yes, but now you will never be able to reach the Champions League again, especially not on £41m and that's IF you manage to stay up the table. Since 2000-01 you've finished out of the Top 7 SEVEN times, (2001, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08). Yet you've still spent over £250m. You can't use Levy or the Consortiums money, as the FFPR will forbid it, so wages of....£87m is it now?....coming out of £119m, but with the loss of Champions League money PLUS the need to strengthen and somehow keep hold of the players that got you in the Champions League in the first place....

You can see my doubts about how you, as a Spud, can see the FFPR as beneficial to you?

Arsenal fans mock you constantly for spending more than they do yet still fail to finish anywhere close to the targets you set. I really don't see how you can criticise anyone.

Mëtal Bikër said:
Craig_J said:
We will get a new stadium in NPD. It HAS to happen. The council will now have seen that they risk losing us unless they sort it out, we'll be fine for a new ground.

Look, all of you are saying I shouldn't be happy with the FFP rules. Well at the moment we're making a good ammount of money, we made loss one year. All the rest we've made profits.

And we're going to be building a new stadium soon. FFP doesn't take into consideration the money spent on stadiums etc, only on player transfers.

Spurs income soared with the advent of Champions League. Without it your revenue will slip back down to around £90m like before. Spurs expenses however are around £49m.

That leaves you with £41m for transfers and financing a stadium. With no land you can realistically purchase without moving away from your established fanbase how exactly do you propose to build this 60,000 seater stadium?
with the hot air he's been spouting for three days

AntonDonJuan said:
TBH, i can't get annoyed at anyone moaning about our money.

If it was Spuds, or Everton or someone else bought by the Sheik and buying who we have bought etc i would woman and moan about it all day long

Would you? Really?

I thought it was great when Chelsea were taken over as it broke the duopoly of the Arse and manyoo winning between themselves, itr was fekkin boring!

Bilboblue said:
AntonDonJuan said:

If it was Spuds, or Everton or someone else bought by the Sheik and buying who we have bought etc i would woman and moan about it all day long

Would you? Really?

I thought it was great when Chelsea were taken over as it broke the duopoly of the Arse and manyoo winning between themselves, itr was fekkin boring!
The scum at Everton are quick to forget they where bankrolled for many years by the Littlewoods family...Sure its more money from the Sheik, but its no more or less fair than what they did.

Bilboblue said:
AntonDonJuan said:

Would you? Really?

Me too Bilbo, loved every minute of watching the rags and the arse squirming because there was a 'new boy in town'.

No new ground...

No CL money next year...

Soon to lose Twitcher...

Soon to lose the few decent players they have to teams in the CL...

Oh what fucking joy! ;-)

blueinsa said:
No new ground...

No CL money next year...

Soon to lose Twitcher...

Soon to lose the few decent players they have to teams in the CL...

Oh what fucking joy! ;-)

Just watch Twitcher leave them in the shit in the summer when Spurs decide to sell Bale or Modric or VDV... he will leave them like he left all his other clubs.

squirtyflower said:
Craig_J said:
I will calrify I don't hate City as a football club. I used to really like Man City, I think a lot of fans in football besides United fans liked City. A proper traditional football club. And seeing as they've been behind their rivals for donkeys years just like Spurs I felt a strong liking for them.

What I hate is the fact City seem to have gone from representing a traditional English club to representing the uncompetitve mess, and joke of a "sport" that is modern football.
and there we have it, in all its glory (glory)

you used to like us......... yeah, when we were shit you did, you patronising twunt

you, and your kind, can go and patronise someone else....why not join plucky blackpool's board, your shit might be believed there

Yeah, I sued to like Man City but now it seems like your fans are turning into what Chelsea fans are, forgetting what they were ebfore being brought and believing they have a divine right to success because of the money their owner spends.<br /><br />-- Sat May 14, 2011 8:01 am --<br /><br />
Mëtal Bikër said:
Craig_J said:

We've already purchased land and are currently demolishing buildings to make space for the new ground next to White Hart Lane....

Your club is bankrolled by Levy and his consortium, so you can't use that money anymore. You've lost the exposure the Champions League brings, which after failing after one season to get back in and embarrassing yourselves against Real Madrid means most, if any, will remember you as a flop. (Bale spared your blushes)

Levy can use his money to build a new ground

You'll meet the FFPR yes, but now you will never be able to reach the Champions League again, especially not on £41m and that's IF you manage to stay up the table. Since 2000-01 you've finished out of the Top 7 SEVEN times, (2001, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08). Yet you've still spent over £250m. You can't use Levy or the Consortiums money, as the FFPR will forbid it, so wages of....£87m is it now?....coming out of £119m, but with the loss of Champions League money PLUS the need to strengthen and somehow keep hold of the players that got you in the Champions League in the first place....

We'll use the new stadiums money

You can see my doubts about how you, as a Spud, can see the FFPR as beneficial to you?

New stadium (getting repetive now)

Arsenal fans mock you constantly for spending more than they do yet still fail to finish anywhere close to the targets you set. I really don't see how you can criticise anyone.

Arsenal spend the same as us, if you only include transfer fee's than eys we spend more. But if your actually working out wages aswell Arsenal spend around the same.

And you blow us out the water on both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.