Bar Haaland have we ever signed anyone 'good enough'

Just looking at the transfer forum and it seems that every player we are supposedly after or linked with is instantly derided as not being good enough or at 'our level' by the majority of the posters, so i was wondering have we in our recent history signed anyone that the majority of people thought were good enough or do we bring people to 'our level'
Because there’s a reason why Peps doing what he does and why all the bluemoon experts are posting on a forum. It also has fuck all do to with ‘an opinion’ a lot of posters on here know fuck all about football.

Tevez and Yaya were definitely good enough. Going further back Tricky Trevor Francis was definitely good enough.
Trevor Francis is many respects was probably too good for us at the time, the same could perhaps be said of Anelka.
Both very good players but probably on a different wavelength to most of the others.
Francis was pretty injury prone and we relied on him way too much. As we know, Anelka on his day was great to watch but wasn't known as 'le sulk' for no reason!
Two players I didn't particularly rate or especially like at other clubs who turned out to be a lot better than I expected (albeit for quite short periods ) we're Paul Walsh and Craig Bellamy.
Dare I also add Raheem Sterling to that list?
(you could probably argue he wasn't good enough at the end though!)

There are some instances of what the OP talks about but there are far more of the opposite.

The Transfer Forum is rife with posters who make out anyone we’re remotely interested in is all of a sudden world class and any alternative views to them being world class are shot down. Loads of people start getting protective over these players like they’re related to them.

I posted every game I’ve watched Jude Bellingham where he’s been anything between average, anonymous and shite against a fairly long list of teams with good midfields and it was told I was being selective. When I asked for examples of where he’s had a great game against anyone at that level, nobody could provide an example, which doesn’t remotely suggest he’s worth the £125m some were saying City should have paid for him on his thread.

Even when it came out that Bellingham and his Dad said they weren’t interested in City because we’re a ‘plastic club’, people were still defending him like he was their own son.

We’ve also seen it when we’ve been interested in the likes of Pogba, Maguire, Sanchez, Jorginho… one minute they're the best thing since sliced bread, they’re going to slot straight into our staring line-up and Pep is going to work wonders with them; then when they sign for United or someone else, it’s radio silence. Years later we see how shite they were for the clubs they signed for a we got away with it by them not choosing us.

Some were even like that with Johnny Evans (although that thread had more the other way).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.