Bar Haaland have we ever signed anyone 'good enough'

Yes

Since pep has been here:

Laporte - was already top class and better than we had, can’t remember any complaints?

Walker - best right back in the league

Ederson - very highly rated and we were all very excited about his ability to boot it right up to the striker

Mahrez - one of the best widemen in the league

Gvardiol - touted by everybody as the best young defender in the world

Also - Bernardo, Cancelo, Rodri, Mendy etc were all highly rated players that we all deemed good enough when they signed

I’m probably missing some too

In recent years (post-takeover):
Robinho
Given
Tevez
Yaya
Silva
Agüero
Nasri
de Bruyne
Bernardo
Haaland
Gvardiol

Were all pretty much universally accepted to be good enough when we signed them.

Yes

Since pep has been here:

Laporte - was already top class and better than we had, can’t remember any complaints?

Walker - best right back in the league

Ederson - very highly rated and we were all very excited about his ability to boot it right up to the striker

Mahrez - one of the best widemen in the league

Gvardiol - touted by everybody as the best young defender in the world

Also - Bernardo, Cancelo, Rodri, Mendy etc were all highly rated players that we all deemed good enough when they signed

I’m probably missing some too
There were definitely some people who questioned Rodri, Mendy and Mahrez. There was a lot of excitement around Ederson but most had never seen him play and questioned the level he was playing at.

I didn't think people really objected to the signings.

It's once they make that first mistake, or don't run enough when we've been beaten that they become ffs and the hate starts. And I can't remember a player who's been universally accepted. Even Haaland signing was getting flack because he changed the way we play, according to the media narrative, then repeated on here.

Personally I think there are some very weak City fans who believe the shit our rival media write and then regurgitate it all over Bluemoon. Go check out the Is Kevin worth his place in the team thread. Or the stuff about rodri in his first year. Crazy potato headed people talking shite!

Tevez, Yaya, Aguero, KDB were all unanimous. Le Sulk too.
Not true. If you go back to the KDB transfer thread, most people wanted Pogba at the time. Haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.