Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancitymick said:
squirtyflower said:
mancitymick said:
3000 was the allocation advertised. Again not sure if that is before or after the allocations given to players / SC etc
Went online this morning to buy our tickets
Was perplexed then worried when I couldn't see the link to buy them anywhere on the site, thought they had then sold out

What an idiot when I found out they go on sale next week
Brilliant :)

i've done that then on got on the phone to the ticket office moaning only to be politely told they are not on sale till next week you're not alone m8

Flights booked, hotel booked, kids school holiday forms submitted etc, so I sent an email to City asking, what were the realistic chances of my two kids getting tickets on their loyalty points.

They replied that my eldest son on 8,830 points should be fine, but my mad keen 9 year old son on 6,430 unlikely.

I was hoping to have been able to buy his ticket at the same time as mine, but for the first time this season, this method has been omitted.

The Fat el Hombre said:
seafordblue said:
Just done some research from previous threads and can see that

Ajax sold out at 8,000 points but City only got 2,600 tickets
Real Madrid sold out at 5,000 points with City getting 3,600 tickets

So by my hopeful reckoning, Barcelona with 4,600 tickets, may possibly go to 6,000 points.

Fingers crossed anyway.

There'll be other factors though mate e.g Ajax and madrid were group games where people would pick and choose their euro away trips whereas this is just one knockout game

Group game or knockout, for me the Real Madrid game at the time was as desirable a trip as Barcelona is now – well I was excited and went!

So factor in 5,000 points then is probably 6,000 points now, plus City are also getting 28% more tickets, I’m still hoping against hope and logic that the points may go down to 6,400.

I've got a sneaky feeling, the allocation will increase up to 7000 because other clubs have received an increase in the past.

Matt The Blue said:
I've got a sneaky feeling, the allocation will increase up to 7000 because other clubs have received an increase in the past.

No chance. 5% of capacity is all they need to give which is exactly what they have done.

Barcelona have already sold the rest of the ground and have been doing for weeks. They'll be no more tickets than those already advertised.

M24 Citizen said:
de niro said:
Matt The Blue said:

Let's hope so.

Imagine 7000 of us in their own home, would be amazing.
It would be great, but it won't happen, in my opinion, the figures released are because City know that, and they also know how many tickets are going to corporate, staff and 'friends' etc. Supporters clubs have been told that they won't be allocated any until sales under the criteria released have closed, so basically not many.

My suspicion is that fewer than 3000 of the 4600 will actually go on sale to fans that qualify, expect a couple of extra charter planes to leave Manchester, than the TC trips, or spikes, but that were never advertised, I'd also expect a couple from the middle east somewhere too.

This is City's biggest ever game in europe, and there are a lot of people who will want to go, not just long term fans, and that is the reality of where we are these days, whether we like it or not.

Compared to the Real Madrid game I can see that a greater share of the tickets will end up with corporates.

But will there be a significant number of fans, each with a large number of loyalty points so fairly committed City fans, who will buy a ticket for Barcelona but decided not to go to Madrid because it was only a group game?

I assumed that the people who were in front of me in the queue for the RM game, but didn't buy a ticket, made that decision for financial, work or family reasons. Not because it was "only Real Madrid" in a group game?

cibaman said:
Compared to the Real Madrid game I can see that a greater share of the tickets will end up with corporates.

But will there be a significant number of fans, each with a large number of loyalty points so fairly committed City fans, who will buy a ticket for Barcelona but decided not to go to Madrid because it was only a group game?

I assumed that the people who were in front of me in the queue for the RM game, but didn't buy a ticket, made that decision for financial, work or family reasons. Not because it was "only Real Madrid" in a group game?

this has to kick in soon, to be fair to the rags plastic they may be but their gloryhunting must have cost them thousands over the years. add the cost of Euston to Manchester every week to what we are paying and the mind boggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.