Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
have booked my flight (Tuesday morning in - Thursday evening out). Doubt I will get a match ticket as I have 5000 points but reckon will be able to get one from a tout for the BArca area.Just checked the BArca website. There are no tix left for the home fans.
Aint missing this match for the world. Hopefully, will thrash them in the first leg and the second leg will be like yesterday. All those open spaces - I nearly froze.
In a way - this worry about getting a ticket is what we have been waitring for for years. I notice no-one is interested in Chelsea or United's matches.
Any ideas where the pre-match drinking places will be?

Didsbury Dave said:
seafordblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yes. None of my mates went to Madrid, and neither did I, but everyone I know fancies this one

Just out of interest Didsbury Dave, why did none of your mates or yourself fancy the Real Madrid game?

I personally though it a fantastic draw.

Only City's second season in Europe at one of the World's most famous teams/stadiums. At the time, it was for me, City's biggest ever match. York to Real Madrid and all that. I just had to be there. Being a group game, it also took some of the pressure off the result spoiling the trip.

I'll also be going to Barcelona, but do fear it will end in disapointment.

We all went to Ajax instead. We only usually do one of the group games but make a good trip of it.

I do have mates who went to Madrid, but my closest circle opted for Ajax. As regular visitors to Amsterdam when younger, it was a lifelong ambition.

Dirty sods
:o)

i kne albert davy said:
seafordblue said:
Flights booked, hotel booked, kids school holiday forms submitted etc, so I sent an email to City asking, what were the realistic chances of my two kids getting tickets on their loyalty points.

They replied that my eldest son on 8,830 points should be fine, but my mad keen 9 year old son on 6,430 unlikely.

I was hoping to have been able to buy his ticket at the same time as mine, but for the first time this season, this method has been omitted.

The Fat el Hombre said:
There'll be other factors though mate e.g Ajax and madrid were group games where people would pick and choose their euro away trips whereas this is just one knockout game

Group game or knockout, for me the Real Madrid game at the time was as desirable a trip as Barcelona is now – well I was excited and went!

So factor in 5,000 points then is probably 6,000 points now, plus City are also getting 28% more tickets, I’m still hoping against hope and logic that the points may go down to 6,400.
Shouldn't your nine year old get a ticket off your points mate, always used to be the case don't think City make youngsters sit on their own ring em again.

The ticket office told me last week (when we were politely discussing another f*ck up they'd done) that this is the first match when it will simply be based on the amount of points you have whether you are looking to sit with a child or not. The main reason is that too many 'for my two lads' end if with 'my two best mates'. I suppose their is no easy answer how to do it fairly.

Bluemoon230989 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
seafordblue said:
Just out of interest Didsbury Dave, why did none of your mates or yourself fancy the Real Madrid game?

I personally though it a fantastic draw.

Only City's second season in Europe at one of the World's most famous teams/stadiums. At the time, it was for me, City's biggest ever match. York to Real Madrid and all that. I just had to be there. Being a group game, it also took some of the pressure off the result spoiling the trip.

I'll also be going to Barcelona, but do fear it will end in disapointment.

We all went to Ajax instead. We only usually do one of the group games but make a good trip of it.

I do have mates who went to Madrid, but my closest circle opted for Ajax. As regular visitors to Amsterdam when younger, it was a lifelong ambition.

Dirty sods
:o)

Not that mate. I've never paid for it and never will.

But we liked a toke and loved the whole vibe. It was all a bit frenetic when city were there to be honest. Didn't quite live up to the fantasy.

tedmak said:
Just checked the BArca website. There are no tix left for the home fans.
quote]

NO...Barca have currently suspended general sale of tickets whilst they give season ticket holders the option to buy. I believe that what tickets remain will then go on sale

Fair point, Goater
but cant see many of the ST holders. Hopefully some of their supporters will be put off by the price of this one.
Then again - if they lose - they wont have many decent matches left this season cos they have already played Madrid at home. So am not too hopeful.

Just read that on Average they have about 30,000 general sale tickets including season ticket holders that send them back.

In 2012 it says that there were only 13,000 seats in the stadium that weren't ST's

Obviously this isn't your average game and the away allocation is much higher than normal I wouldn't imagine there will be that many on GS

BlairMCFC said:
Just read that on Average they have about 30,000 general sale tickets including season ticket holders that send them back.

In 2012 it says that there were only 13,000 seats in the stadium that weren't ST's

Obviously this isn't your average game and the away allocation is much higher than normal I wouldn't imagine there will be that many on GS

I'm not sure that's totally right, mate.

Their average attendance last season was 70 odd thousand.

I've just been having a gander to see how likely this was to sell out, therefore reducing chances of buying tickets over there. They got 95,000 in the Round of 16 last year against AC Milan, a game of similar stature to this one. I think capacity is 99,500.

All this info is from a quick glance around and might not be right, just to cover myself.

Didsbury Dave said:
BlairMCFC said:

I've just been having a gander to see how likely this was to sell out, therefore reducing chances of buying tickets over there. They got 95,000 in the Round of 16 last year against AC Milan, a game of similar stature to this one. I think capacity is 99,500.

All this info is from a quick glance around and might not be right, just to cover myself.

What i read was only at a quick search too.

I don't see how what you've put means that the info isn't correct though. You can't tell how many general sale tickets there were from the average attendance figure.

BlairMCFC said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BlairMCFC said:

What i read was only at a quick search too.

I don't see how what you've put means that the info isn't correct though. You can't tell how many general sale tickets there were from the average attendance figure.

i meant that that it doesn't seem right that there are 86,500 season ticket holders (99,500 - 13,000), although i know you said 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.