Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
cibaman said:
Compared to the Real Madrid game I can see that a greater share of the tickets will end up with corporates.

But will there be a significant number of fans, each with a large number of loyalty points so fairly committed City fans, who will buy a ticket for Barcelona but decided not to go to Madrid because it was only a group game?

I assumed that the people who were in front of me in the queue for the RM game, but didn't buy a ticket, made that decision for financial, work or family reasons. Not because it was "only Real Madrid" in a group game?

this has to kick in soon, to be fair to the rags plastic they may be but their gloryhunting must have cost them thousands over the years. add the cost of Euston to Manchester every week to what we are paying and the mind boggles.

Haha brilliant

cibaman said:
But will there be a significant number of fans, each with a large number of loyalty points so fairly committed City fans, who will buy a ticket for Barcelona but decided not to go to Madrid because it was only a group game?
?

Yes. None of my mates went to Madrid, and neither did I, but everyone I know fancies this one

Blue Maverick said:
Anyone no anyone who's jibbed in at Barca in the past?
Its not easy , there is an outer perimeter where your ticket is checked and a corner of it ripped off, then when you get in they have bar code checking turnstiles to actually get into the ground.

Didsbury Dave said:
cibaman said:
?

Yes. None of my mates went to Madrid, and neither did I, but everyone I know fancies this one

Just out of interest Didsbury Dave, why did none of your mates or yourself fancy the Real Madrid game?

I personally though it a fantastic draw.

Only City's second season in Europe at one of the World's most famous teams/stadiums. At the time, it was for me, City's biggest ever match. York to Real Madrid and all that. I just had to be there. Being a group game, it also took some of the pressure off the result spoiling the trip.

I'll also be going to Barcelona, but do fear it will end in disapointment.

seafordblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cibaman said:
?

Just out of interest Didsbury Dave, why did none of your mates or yourself fancy the Real Madrid game?

Only City's second season in Europe at one of the World's most famous teams/stadiums. At the time, it was for me, City's biggest ever match. York to Real Madrid and all that. I just had to be there. Being a group game, it also took some of the pressure off the result spoiling the trip.

We all went to Ajax instead. We only usually do one of the group games but make a good trip of it.

I do have mates who went to Madrid, but my closest circle opted for Ajax. As regular visitors to Amsterdam when younger, it was a lifelong ambition.

Didsbury Dave said:
seafordblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

We all went to Ajax instead. We only usually do one of the group games but make a good trip of it.

I do have mates who went to Madrid, but my closest circle opted for Ajax. As regular visitors to Amsterdam when younger, it was a lifelong ambition.

as I can never make my mind up on which one to attend I play safe and go to them all :)

seafordblue said:
Flights booked, hotel booked, kids school holiday forms submitted etc, so I sent an email to City asking, what were the realistic chances of my two kids getting tickets on their loyalty points.

They replied that my eldest son on 8,830 points should be fine, but my mad keen 9 year old son on 6,430 unlikely.

I was hoping to have been able to buy his ticket at the same time as mine, but for the first time this season, this method has been omitted.

The Fat el Hombre said:
seafordblue said:
Just done some research from previous threads and can see that

Ajax sold out at 8,000 points but City only got 2,600 tickets
Real Madrid sold out at 5,000 points with City getting 3,600 tickets

So by my hopeful reckoning, Barcelona with 4,600 tickets, may possibly go to 6,000 points.

Fingers crossed anyway.

There'll be other factors though mate e.g Ajax and madrid were group games where people would pick and choose their euro away trips whereas this is just one knockout game

Group game or knockout, for me the Real Madrid game at the time was as desirable a trip as Barcelona is now – well I was excited and went!

So factor in 5,000 points then is probably 6,000 points now, plus City are also getting 28% more tickets, I’m still hoping against hope and logic that the points may go down to 6,400.
Shouldn't your nine year old get a ticket off your points mate, always used to be the case don't think City make youngsters sit on their own ring em again.

de niro said:
Didsbury Dave said:
seafordblue said:

as I can never make my mind up on which one to attend I play safe and go to them all :)

This year we took the call to wait until the group stages, and now we are off to Barca.

A decent manager gives you that confidence ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.