Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancitymick said:
cheddar404 said:
dancity19 said:
It clearly will sell out high as did Ajax. What I don't understand though is how did Bayern (our first ever Champions league game, and over Oktoberfest) potentially went to General Sale, and Real Madrid went very low. Two huge games.

Understand this is somewhere we have never been, but so was Bayern the first time.

There are 2200 more tickets than for Ajax so it will go lower. Bayern and Madrid were both short notice. Oktoberfest was bad news as it meant that hotels were very expensive too. Madrid sold out at pretty high points. This is one of the most glamorous matches city have ever played.

The points for Madrid were not that high, Circa 5k

That's pretty high considering it was a short notice group stage match with a decent allocation. Don't forget, that was last season too so you can add another 1000 points for this season.

mancitymick said:
Names were on Juventus away tickets, no checks were made.

I can verify this, I had my passport ready at the Juventus gate and it wasn't checked or asked for, a fan who had been behind me in the queue had told me that he had someone else's ticket and was going to, hopefully, blag his way in by saying he had left his passport at the hotel but he was also waved through!! So City may have tried to be fair but it didn't work with the home club!

I have my ticket and I will be there!!! I have hidden it away so don't be thinking that you can wrest it from my hot little hands!! ;-)

I've just gambled and bought a ticket for £167 sat underneath the City fans. I have 8700 points and don't think it's going to come down to that - seems every man and his dog want a ticket for this game! Turning out to be an expensive trip this.....we need to find a bar over there which is 1euro a pint!!

de niro said:
trotsky said:
de niro said:
You may well be right but if this sells out at 9k or above it will be quite a statement regarding attending games /loyalty points.
It should swell the numbers for the cup schemes and attendance for games next season.

All good I suppose, every game a sell out :)
Not really. Because of this I am considering investing in a comfy new armchair to watch from. If i do renew (I probably will) I'll ditch the Cup schemes and with the money I'll save I will cherry pick my games and pay for a ticket from a tout or go corporate.

you're not a bad judge, I'm watching the spurs game on tv tonight. there is a chance my daughter can't now do the barca away game so I'm thinking if she aint going i'll duck it too, its just an awful lot of money. yet to come, arsenal away, utd away, Wembley and imo more CL after barca. where do you draw the line?

Do you have two spare tickets?

Matt The Blue said:
de niro said:
trotsky said:
Not really. Because of this I am considering investing in a comfy new armchair to watch from. If i do renew (I probably will) I'll ditch the Cup schemes and with the money I'll save I will cherry pick my games and pay for a ticket from a tout or go corporate.

you're not a bad judge, I'm watching the spurs game on tv tonight. there is a chance my daughter can't now do the barca away game so I'm thinking if she aint going i'll duck it too, its just an awful lot of money. yet to come, arsenal away, utd away, Wembley and imo more CL after barca. where do you draw the line?

Do you have two spare tickets?

The chaos on here if De Niro confirms he has two spare tickets.........

dancity19 said:
cheddar404 said:
dancity19 said:
It clearly will sell out high as did Ajax. What I don't understand though is how did Bayern (our first ever Champions league game, and over Oktoberfest) potentially went to General Sale, and Real Madrid went very low. Two huge games.

Understand this is somewhere we have never been, but so was Bayern the first time.

There are 2200 more tickets than for Ajax so it will go lower. Bayern and Madrid were both short notice. Oktoberfest was bad news as it meant that hotels were very expensive too. Madrid sold out at pretty high points. This is one of the most glamorous matches city have ever played.

Of course it is the most glamorous. I understand it will sell out high. But Bayern went to general sale- that was pretty glamorous so surely surprising it went THAT low. Equally, I got tickets for Real on about 6k at the time- Don't think I have a chance getting one here. Again, Real was pretty glamorous.
Understand this is a huge huge game, but strange how those games, as far as I can remember, went significantly lower.

I remember Bayern, Dan, and the club cocked it up if I remember correctly. I wanted to go but the club announced really strict ticket criteria going up quite close to the game. And the word was that there were no hotels available. So me and all my mates fucked it off immediately and decided to go to Villareal instead. I am sure the club only realised that demand wasn't nearly as high as they thought far too late, and dropped the points right down about a week before kickoff.

Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:
cheddar404 said:

Of course it is the most glamorous. I understand it will sell out high. But Bayern went to general sale- that was pretty glamorous so surely surprising it went THAT low. Equally, I got tickets for Real on about 6k at the time- Don't think I have a chance getting one here. Again, Real was pretty glamorous.
Understand this is a huge huge game, but strange how those games, as far as I can remember, went significantly lower.

I remember Bayern, Dan, and the club cocked it up if I remember correctly. I wanted to go but the club announced really strict ticket criteria going up quite close to the game. And the word was that there were no hotels available. So me and all my mates fucked it off immediately and decided to go to Villareal instead. I am sure the club only realised that demand wasn't nearly as high as they thought far too late, and dropped the points right down about a week before kickoff.

Fair enough- different circumstances there then. I'd imagine almost everyone who has enough points will get tickets, regardless of if they are for them or not. Everyone is after these tickets. More here than York Away. I'm just clutching at straws.....! Still, surprised Real went that low. If loads of people are heading to Barca and just finding bars I would consider that- I imagine that could be a good laugh.

bainy said:
Loukas said:
tonyellis said:
Does anyone think that it will get below the 9000 points and if it does what we reckon it will go down to? I've got 8700 points here.
Might get just below, but I know supporters clubs get tickets after it's past 9,000 so if there aren't more than 460 left than no. Bit annoying considering people on lower points will probably get tickets through points whores!

Does that mean supporters clubs have got 460 tickets?
i think that there are certain oversubscibed games - Barca away, Rags away, possibly liverpool (this year at least) that supporters clubs should not get tickets. OSC members with the correct loyalty points should apply themselves. For the vast major of away games anyone can get a ticket - its one or two a year that demand is oversubscribed - Barca is one of them.

Supporters clubs usually get 10% of the full allocation. Because this is the most over subscribed game they have changed the way it works. Usually the SC's would already have the tickets and be able to allocate them to certain members on the first day of sale.

However, there are two ways to look at it. The SC's encourage more fans to go to the Midweek London games so they get rewarded at the big games as well. A lot of the supporters in clubs 'including myself' get tickets through the clubs because it means I can sit with my friends without having to wait until the day we all qualify with our LP's. And they earn a lot of money for City's charities so the club aren't going to get rid of them any time soon.

dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:

Fair enough- different circumstances there then. I'd imagine almost everyone who has enough points will get tickets, regardless of if they are for them or not. Everyone is after these tickets. More here than York Away. I'm just clutching at straws.....! Still, surprised Real went that low. If loads of people are heading to Barca and just finding bars I would consider that- I imagine that could be a good laugh.

I'm all booked up for Barca but doubt I will qualify, same as you. But if I go over there I sure as shit don't want to miss it. If push comes to shove i'll get one in their end over there. The view will probably be better anyway.

Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'm all booked up for Barca but doubt I will qualify, same as you. But if I go over there I sure as shit don't want to miss it. If push comes to shove i'll get one in their end over there. The view will probably be better anyway.

Would you be able to sit on your hands though? Or you reckon it will be fine celebrating there. Don't really know what Spanish fans are like to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.