Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loukas said:
bainy said:
Loukas said:
Might get just below, but I know supporters clubs get tickets after it's past 9,000 so if there aren't more than 460 left than no. Bit annoying considering people on lower points will probably get tickets through points whores!

Does that mean supporters clubs have got 460 tickets?
i think that there are certain oversubscibed games - Barca away, Rags away, possibly liverpool (this year at least) that supporters clubs should not get tickets. OSC members with the correct loyalty points should apply themselves. For the vast major of away games anyone can get a ticket - its one or two a year that demand is oversubscribed - Barca is one of them.

Supporters clubs usually get 10% of the full allocation. Because this is the most over subscribed game they have changed the way it works. Usually the SC's would already have the tickets and be able to allocate them to certain members on the first day of sale.

However, there are two ways to look at it. The SC's encourage more fans to go to the Midweek London games so they get rewarded at the big games as well. A lot of the supporters in clubs 'including myself' get tickets through the clubs because it means I can sit with my friends without having to wait until the day we all qualify with our LP's. And they earn a lot of money for City's charities so the club aren't going to get rid of them any time soon.
Without opening up old wounds, here's my two penneth'

I have been a member of the SC off and on since the early 70s
1. The SC does not encourage people to go to midweek games, if the branch only asks for five tickets for Spurs away it will get five, it isn't told to buy 50 because they asked for 50 for Blackburn away
2. I have over 20 people on my 'friends and family' and can buy tickets for them quite easily
The only issue is we can't always sit together unlike you say you can for the SC, that is to their advantage to my disadvantage, therefore seems yet another perk.
3. Why has the SC earning money for charity got anything to do with ticket allocation? Isn't giving good for the soul? Or do they just give in order to get ticket priority?
You do realise lots of people give to charity, in fact even work for them, without having to be a member of a SC

It seems to me that you should qualify to buy a ticket when it gets to your points, whether a member or not.

dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:
Fair enough- different circumstances there then. I'd imagine almost everyone who has enough points will get tickets, regardless of if they are for them or not. Everyone is after these tickets. More here than York Away. I'm just clutching at straws.....! Still, surprised Real went that low. If loads of people are heading to Barca and just finding bars I would consider that- I imagine that could be a good laugh.

I'm all booked up for Barca but doubt I will qualify, same as you. But if I go over there I sure as shit don't want to miss it. If push comes to shove i'll get one in their end over there. The view will probably be better anyway.

Would you be able to sit on your hands though? Or you reckon it will be fine celebrating there. Don't really know what Spanish fans are like to be honest.

There were a few Madrid fans sat near me at the Etihad last year. They were quiet but didn't go out of their way to disguise who they were supporting. They clearly didn't expect trouble or to be refused entry.

dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:
Fair enough- different circumstances there then. I'd imagine almost everyone who has enough points will get tickets, regardless of if they are for them or not. Everyone is after these tickets. More here than York Away. I'm just clutching at straws.....! Still, surprised Real went that low. If loads of people are heading to Barca and just finding bars I would consider that- I imagine that could be a good laugh.

I'm all booked up for Barca but doubt I will qualify, same as you. But if I go over there I sure as shit don't want to miss it. If push comes to shove i'll get one in their end over there. The view will probably be better anyway.

Would you be able to sit on your hands though? Or you reckon it will be fine celebrating there. Don't really know what Spanish fans are like to be honest.

I've sat in dozens of home ends through the years, Dan. Doesn't really bother me. You take a view as to the people around you and act accordingly. The better seat you buy the lower the chance of any grief. And i've never had any, to be honest, because I don't behave like a dick. And I can't for the life of me believe that there will be any problems at all in Barcelona, as it's usually full of tourists anyway and they are hardly a hooligan club.

Here's a few off the top of my head I've done:

United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves, Wigan, Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton, West Brom, Swindon.

If it is hairy, and about half of them were, you just sort of let your emotions out under your breath. It's actually quite a buzz. If it's like I think Barca will be, if you're lucky enough to cheer, jump up, cheer and then sit down again. It's idiots that stand there for a minute clapping and looking around that tend to get grief, or thrown out.

squirtyflower said:
Loukas said:
bainy said:
i think that there are certain oversubscibed games - Barca away, Rags away, possibly liverpool (this year at least) that supporters clubs should not get tickets. OSC members with the correct loyalty points should apply themselves. For the vast major of away games anyone can get a ticket - its one or two a year that demand is oversubscribed - Barca is one of them.

Supporters clubs usually get 10% of the full allocation. Because this is the most over subscribed game they have changed the way it works. Usually the SC's would already have the tickets and be able to allocate them to certain members on the first day of sale.

However, there are two ways to look at it. The SC's encourage more fans to go to the Midweek London games so they get rewarded at the big games as well. A lot of the supporters in clubs 'including myself' get tickets through the clubs because it means I can sit with my friends without having to wait until the day we all qualify with our LP's. And they earn a lot of money for City's charities so the club aren't going to get rid of them any time soon.

1. The SC does not encourage people to go to midweek games, if the branch only asks for five tickets for Spurs away it will get five, it isn't told to buy 50 because they asked for 50 for Blackburn away
2. I have over 20 people on my 'friends and family' and can buy tickets for them quite easily
The only issue is we can't always sit together unlike you say you can for the SC, that is to their advantage to my disadvantage, therefore seems yet another perk.
3. Why has the SC earning money for charity got anything to do with ticket allocation? Isn't giving good for the soul? Or do they just give in order to get ticket priority?
You do realise lots of people give to charity, in fact even work for them, without having to be a member of a SC

It seems to me that you should qualify to buy a ticket when it gets to your points, whether a member or not.

Maybe the time is now right that supporters club do not receive any tickets for games.
If the said person wants a ticket he simply applies like the rest of us based on that persons points criteria.

It then takes away the myth/grey area as to the preferential treatment the clubs get for tickets.

Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I've sat in dozens of home ends through the years, Dan. Doesn't really bother me. You take a view as to the people around you and act accordingly. The better seat you buy the lower the chance of any grief. And i've never had any, to be honest, because I don't behave like a dick. And I can't for the life of me believe that there will be any problems at all in Barcelona, as it's usually full of tourists anyway and they are hardly a hooligan club.

United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves, Wigan, Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton, West Brom, Swindon.

If it is hairy, and about half of them were, you just sort of let your emotions out under your breath. It's actually quite a buzz. If it's like I think Barca will be, if you're lucky enough to cheer, jump up, cheer and then sit down again. It's idiots that stand there for a minute clapping and looking around that tend to get grief, or thrown out.
I've done this a few times in the days when my daughter was younger or I didn't have the chance to get down and queue
Your premise is right I've had no problems except once in 90/91 season
I couldn't get a ticket for Leeds away but, surprisingly, I was able to get one for the full members cup game a few weeks earlier. I drove over to Leeds early and went to their ticket office to get a ticket in their end.
I bought the next to the most expensive ticket thinking I'd be fine.
The girl sat behind me had Leeds tattooed across her forehead, I kid you not. There was a bit of a disturbance behind the goal and they were all claiming it was a city fan and they jumped up shouting 'kill the Manc'
I read the programme from start to finish to clue up on their team in case I got asked a question. Sat quietly as we won 2-1 and left early. When I got to the top of the stairs I wanted to shout out as loud as I could and rip my shirt off showing my colours underneath ala Superman, but I resisted the temptation knowing I'd be going home in an ambulance.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:31 pm --<br /><br />
DTKOAG said:
squirtyflower said:
Loukas said:

Maybe the time is now right that supporters club do not receive any tickets for games.
If the said person wants a ticket he simply applies like the rest of us based on that persons points criteria.

It then takes away the myth/grey area as to the preferential treatment the clubs get for tickets.
It's probably the fairest thing to do, but expect the SC and it's branches to be very much against it.

Loukas said:
bainy said:
Loukas said:
Might get just below, but I know supporters clubs get tickets after it's past 9,000 so if there aren't more than 460 left than no. Bit annoying considering people on lower points will probably get tickets through points whores!

Justifying it by saying "To sit with friends" is not really a valid reason is it?

cibaman said:
dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

There were a few Madrid fans sat near me at the Etihad last year. They were quiet but didn't go out of their way to disguise who they were supporting. They clearly didn't expect trouble or to be refused entry.

Don't worry we got em after the game!

Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Fair enough. It's not so much the fans I'm worried about, as I would know how to behave. But more the potential of being thrown out. Never done it though, so just unsure. My Dad got thrown out of a Villa end in the cup about 7 or 8 years back- perhaps thats where my concerns come from.

squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
dancity19 said:

I've done this a few times in the days when my daughter was younger or I didn't have the chance to get down and queue
Your premise is right I've had no problems except once in 90/91 season
I couldn't get a ticket for Leeds away but, surprisingly, I was able to get one for the full members cup game a few weeks earlier. I drove over to Leeds early and went to their ticket office to get a ticket in their end.
I bought the next to the most expensive ticket thinking I'd be fine.
The girl sat behind me had Leeds tattooed across her forehead, I kid you not. There was a bit of a disturbance behind the goal and they were all claiming it was a city fan and they jumped up shouting 'kill the Manc'
I read the programme from start to finish to clue up on their team in case I got asked a question. Sat quietly as we won 2-1 and left early. When I got to the top of the stairs I wanted to shout out as loud as I could and rip my shirt off showing my colours underneath ala Superman, but I resisted the temptation knowing I'd be going home in an ambulance.

haha. I've got loads of tales like that from through the years. When it's nasty, the adrenalin and the pride you feel in your club is huge. It's the old fight or flight buzz. Old Trafford once I let it get the better of me with a cockney right next to me singing "You're the shit of Manchester", so I turned round and sang in his face the old classic "You don't come from Manchester", He said "Fuck off", my Dad grabbed me and that was that.

That's as near as I've come to aggro. I've been to places like Anfield, Leicester, Oldham, Blackburn and Wigan where the locals just chatted, quite happy that you are a City fan.

Not since Lokeren have I known so many going to a euro away.

How many do people reckon we are taking over 5, 8 even 10 thousand!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.