Barca fans get together in Manchester

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Kippaxgirl said:
I've been to a great many away games and have been so scared by the locals that I would stick my scarf under my coat -- Arsenal and Chelsea

However, I have also enjoyed the company of good fans on away games such as Newcastle, Villa,. Spurs and Liverpool and had a great time.

Let's not go with the mindset of having a brawl. You can have a great time learning from fans of other clubs.

Here in the US there is tailgating before the games (College Football, American type) and there is a lot of fun meeting folks and eating their grub.

I'm afraid you have had an irony failure common to US citizens.

It's a difficult concept to understand but I'll give it a go. All the people on here talking about having a scrap with the Spanish fans were just taking the piss in that they didn't really mean it - it's mostly an English thing like toilet humour - unfortunately it doesn't travel well particularly over the Atlantic!
Toilet humour? Have you not seen "There's Something About Mary"?!

There is a serious point here though. Yes, those in the know, those who 'get it' realise that it is just banter, mock aggro talk, but there may be some who will think that a brawl really is being planned. If one does occur - though I doubt it will - then just hope the police don't go examining the posts here!

Smoothy B. said:
A genuinely friendly welcome though boys. We are not from Trafford remember !... Let them know we are proper supporters not a load of black coated dick heads from outside of town
I'm from Trafford, as are MANY Blues.

KippaxCitizen said:
Smoothy B. said:
A genuinely friendly welcome though boys. We are not from Trafford remember !... Let them know we are proper supporters not a load of black coated dick heads from outside of town
I'm from Trafford, as are MANY Blues.

Kippax another Blue from Trafford here,can see the swamp from my bedroom window
Originally from fallowfield though :)

Ja Salford Blue said:
I would have thought they would head to Barca in Castlefield, the area there is called Catalan Square!
They have probably been pre-warned of the prices!
Joking aside, knowing that Spanish, (Catalan or whatever), don't travel in big numbers, is it more likely they are Barca 'fans' from the Spanish population over here rather than travelling fans from barca itself?

Pigeonho said:
Ja Salford Blue said:
I would have thought they would head to Barca in Castlefield, the area there is called Catalan Square!
They have probably been pre-warned of the prices!
Joking aside, knowing that Spanish, (Catalan or whatever), don't travel in big numbers, is it more likely they are Barca 'fans' from the Spanish population over here rather than travelling fans from barca itself?
Don't they have a decent sized supporters club in london? Sure i saw something about some flag they'll have on show tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.