Barca fans get together in Manchester

Just spoke to a few half and half scarfers in the Radisson. Travelled over from Jordan for the game.

My plan of a pre match snooze on the sun loungers in the Spa has gone for a burton. Four women on a day pass have just rolled up. About 8 different conversations going on.

Blue Punter said:
Just spoke to a few half and half scarfers in the Radisson. Travelled over from Jordan for the game.

My plan of a pre match snooze on the sun loungers in the Spa has gone for a burton. Four women on a day pass have just rolled up. About 8 different conversations going on.

Throw the deck chairs at them and start the riot, right hear, right now!

mekonmcfc said:
Cooler said:
They'll never take The Vine!

say hello to Mike the landlord, he's a mate of mice from Davyhulme
gimage.php

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Kippaxgirl said:
I've been to a great many away games and have been so scared by the locals that I would stick my scarf under my coat -- Arsenal and Chelsea

However, I have also enjoyed the company of good fans on away games such as Newcastle, Villa,. Spurs and Liverpool and had a great time.

Let's not go with the mindset of having a brawl. You can have a great time learning from fans of other clubs.

Here in the US there is tailgating before the games (College Football, American type) and there is a lot of fun meeting folks and eating their grub.

I'm afraid you have had an irony failure common to US citizens.

It's a difficult concept to understand but I'll give it a go. All the people on here talking about having a scrap with the Spanish fans were just taking the piss in that they didn't really mean it - it's mostly an English thing like toilet humour - unfortunately it doesn't travel well particularly over the Atlantic!

I'm sure Kippaxgirl does irony, most Americans do, along with sarcasm, but there's a succinct difference between US & UK sarcasm. In my 13+ years of being here, my take on this is that ours (UK!) is much deeper and therefore goes over the Americans heads a lot, as they are never sure if we are serious, however the Americans typically like the 'Benny Hill' in your face type of sarcasm - its the common language that separates us!

I find that my Northern accent combined with this deep sarcasm usually loses my American friends and I (or the wife usually) spends way too much time explaining the meaning.... losing valuable drinking time whilst doing so!

Great to see a Chattanooga Blue coming on here fighting her corner though :-)

City - conquering the world through beautiful football since I left the shores in 2000 !!!!

BufordUSABlue said:
Kinkys Left Foot said:
Kippaxgirl said:
I've been to a great many away games and have been so scared by the locals that I would stick my scarf under my coat -- Arsenal and Chelsea

However, I have also enjoyed the company of good fans on away games such as Newcastle, Villa,. Spurs and Liverpool and had a great time.

Let's not go with the mindset of having a brawl. You can have a great time learning from fans of other clubs.

Here in the US there is tailgating before the games (College Football, American type) and there is a lot of fun meeting folks and eating their grub.

It's a difficult concept to understand but I'll give it a go. All the people on here talking about having a scrap with the Spanish fans were just taking the piss in that they didn't really mean it - it's mostly an English thing like toilet humour - unfortunately it doesn't travel well particularly over the Atlantic!

I'm sure Kippaxgirl does irony, most Americans do, along with sarcasm, but there's a succinct difference between US & UK sarcasm. In my 13+ years of being here, my take on this is that ours (UK!) is much deeper and therefore goes over the Americans heads a lot, as they are never sure if we are serious, however the Americans typically like the 'Benny Hill' in your face type of sarcasm - its the common language that separates us!

I find that my Northern accent combined with this deep sarcasm usually loses my American friends and I (or the wife usually) spends way too much time explaining the meaning.... losing valuable drinking time whilst doing so!

City - conquering the world through beautiful football since I left the shores in 2000 !!!!

Pardon me, boy?

Ja Salford Blue said:
Blue Punter said:

Throw the deck chairs at them and start the riot, right hear, right now!
Just woke up after a quick power nap and they've done one. Leaving my post visible on the tablet might have done the trick. Either that or the "S" that's fell off my Speedo's in the wash.

Chris in London said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Kinkys Left Foot said:

Pardon me, boy?
Huh. I didn't realize anyone besides myself was from or lived in Chattanooga.

taconinja said:
Chris in London said:
BufordUSABlue said:

Pardon me, boy?
Huh. I didn't realize anyone besides myself was from or lived in Chattanooga.

If it's only you and Kippax girl who the fuck is it that gets on that sodding choo choo every day?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.