Barca fans get together in Manchester

Im confident enough to predict that if they meet up at 4.30 they will all of dispersed by 4.45 once they realise what a cold depressing place albert square is on a wet february afternoon!!

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Pigeonho said:
Their 'ultras', the Boixos Nois, I wonder if they turn up? They have Capo's, don't you know.

Oh fucking hell.

This place is going to get full of kids going "Why can't we all be ultras and have a drummer" for the next week.

That's all we need
Some ringo Starr wannabe with his strides halfway down his arse
We had enough with the littering from the 2nd tier on Saturday,now this
Twats,the lot of them

watch out, littering on top of 121 next time

Brilliant so the four years I spent not paying attention in Spanish were not wasted after all because I cant use the bloody language when we go over anyway

calum down said:
bluesmith said:
Have they sold out? Spanish fans are notoriously bad travellers.

just a heads-up here lads & lasses...

i was lucky enough to live in barcelona for a year and i pretty quickly realised that the majority of them do not consider themselves to be spanish.
barcelona is in catalonia & they are incredibly passionate about independence form spain,
so much so that they have regular marches through the city.

you will find they are very fluent in english so there's no problem communicating at all
and although they understand spanish they would rather you don't speak it to them.
(a few of them actually find it insulting and ignorant)

on first hearing, catalan sounds like a mix between spanish and french but it is a separate language of its own developed from latin 1000yrs ago

it was actually made illegal to speak or write in 1940 by the fascist dictatorship in power in spain.
it is now the official language - taught in school - even the newspapers use it.

so if we intend to greet them nicely - it's best not to call them spanish or speak to them in a language that represents everything they reject.

catalonia.jpg

catalonia-is-not-spain-barcelona-realmadrid-2009.jpg

EUtreaty_1432491c.jpg

0ed661b3_catalonia-is-not-spain.jpg

Av_LKdBCAAAbJaK.jpg:large

there are some words and phrases on here if you are interested
<a class="postlink" href="http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook</a>

What in the name of frig is a human tower?

cheddar404 said:
calum down said:
bluesmith said:
Have they sold out? Spanish fans are notoriously bad travellers.

i was lucky enough to live in barcelona for a year and i pretty quickly realised that the majority of them do not consider themselves to be spanish.
barcelona is in catalonia & they are incredibly passionate about independence form spain,

you will find they are very fluent in english so there's no problem communicating at all
and although they understand spanish they would rather you don't speak it to them.

on first hearing, catalan sounds like a mix between spanish and french but it is a separate language of its own developed from latin 1000yrs ago

it was actually made illegal to speak or write in 1940 by the fascist dictatorship in power in spain.
it is now the official language - taught in school - even the newspapers use it.

so if we intend to greet them nicely - it's best not to call them spanish or speak to them in a language that represents everything they reject.

catalonia.jpg

EUtreaty_1432491c.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook</a>

A tower made of humans!

That seems just as cruel as bullfighting to me.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:22 pm --<br /><br />That seems just as cruel as bullfighting to me.

i8rags said:
cheddar404 said:
calum down said:

catalonia.jpg

EUtreaty_1432491c.jpg

A tower made of humans!

so a shower of shite is..........

I'm planning on welcoming our Catalonian friends with a rendition of their regional anthem, all together now ...

"Oh this year I'm off to sunny Spain,
y viva Espana..."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.