Barca v City Post Match Thread

Both teams are poor defensively but they have players who take chances and we didn't, we have a great manager hampered by players who make basic errors too often, neither team will win the champions league this year, as for the league we need to start winning games against good teams, I thought the games against Spurs,Celtic,Everton and Barcelona would tell us where we are up to. The results have been very dissapointing. We have an ongoing problem in not reaching our potential.

Yet it wasn't the lack of a save that let him down.

Expert on the players boots now ffs, yes players were slipping tonight but he doesn't d it every fucking week and tonight was just bad luck.
Bravo isn't a top class keeper in my opinion....Spuds Rags Arsenal Chelsea Stoke all have better keepers than him.
Regardless of it not being a shot he got beat by it was his fuck up that reduced us to 10 men when we were the better team.

Good luck mods. All the wankers will be out to play.

I'm very heartened by how we attacked. Not many teams go there and curse themselves for missing half a dozen gilt edged chances.

Hoping Vinny is back in the return and we don't make such idiotic individual errors. We were more than match at 11v11.

We didn't play badly tonight, can't make mistakes at this level though. I'm sure we can best them, we owe them a beating.

Good advert for the so called top boot producers there...... Not.
Feck the blades off boys and wear proper studs ffs.

I thought the attacking play was good tonight. We really were unlucky and then put ourselves under pressure as we refused to put our foot through the ball and wanted to play football even with 10 men. We will get better because we are brave and putting ourselves under stress. That is how you improve
It was good until we had a goal-scoring chance and as soon as one appeared we bottled it. Time and time again.

Even after Bravos mistake why did he not just let the ball goes past. At 2-0 with eleven men we could have at least kept the score respectable and maybe pulled a goal back.

Same old City, too soft in midfield. 50/50 all seem to end up with the opo side gaining the ball. A ruthless mindset is needed. No guts no glory. Tough game on Sunday, I'm not confident about this one.

We made errors for goals in 3 of the last 4 games and against united. Lots of other goals scored against us this season have been easy just like Everton's on saturday. There are way too many for me. It's all very well being pleasing on the eye but these players cannot carry out what Pep wants so it will be yet more changes in personnel needed. It is going to be a transistional season based on this. You can't concede as many stupid goals as we do and keep getting away with it.

Yes we played well until the 2nd goal but frankly after that we were an absolute shambles with 3 of our 4 goals conceded down to errors.
But surely we knew this, Zabaleta/Kolarov/Sagna/Clichy was never going to be a sustainable fullback situation & I'm surprised it is here again this season, and we were after Laporte alongside Stones so it wouldn't be surprising to see another CB.

No doubt we need to cut down the number of mistakes, but that's part of the transition, getting used to playing this style. I don't expect to see us fluent at this for at least a year, and have been impressed with what we've managed so far. This performance away at Barca for 60 minutes was far improved on past years, if you choose to focus on a poor last 30 minutes with 10 men so be it, I'd rather look at the first 60 & say we're heading in the correct direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.