Barca v City Post Match Thread

What's with all the doom and gloom of us qualifying or not. And even if we lose to Barca again at home, I am still confident that we will qualify second

This game has to be forgotten. You cannot judge the players or coach on this game. Once Bravo got Red, the game was over. We need to move on and get back on our feet and win the next game. I am seeing great improvements and the team will reach great heights

On to the next game
yep, we can afford to lose to Barca and even draw away in Germany and still qualify. as long as barca keep winning.

Patience is needed. It's early days. We were spoiled with amazing early form and results. Those have stagnated. We've still played some incredible football. We battered Everton and for the first ten/fifteen last night we were the better side and we looked excellent. We were playing the Barca way, finding pockets of space and it worked. We probably lacked a central target in Aguero but Pep clearly is struggling to get the balance right with Silva and/or De Bruyne. That's our biggest issue in an attacking sense. Two incredible talents that can play together against lesser teams but on nights like last night De Bruyne is pushed out wide to accommodate Silva centrally and allow Gundogan and Fernandinho to play.

It fell apart with stupid errors. We need to eradicate those but Rome wasn't built in a day. It will take time and we will become a more ruthless and efficient side. The result isn't a fair reflection but it is a wake up call. We need to get back to winning ways this weekend but if we play like we did at times last night we will.

Good point but how as mentioned before surely their has to become a point when we have to find a way of beating Barca / Real etc. The team is still very mentally weak when things go against them.

Now, i'm not too fussed about the CL full stop so the score line and all that don't particularly bother me. But i thought we played well last night, we were the better team in the first half and only appalling finishing and a 50:50 hand ball shout that didn't go our way (he was only a few metres away) saw us not go in for half time in the lead. The tactics from the outset were bang on and the only way through us was over the top, Barcelona actually struggled against us.

Then came the stupid mistake through lack of concentration from the 'keeper and the game was over because we lost that shape that was making it difficult for them and the game changed.

We then went to pot and players were making mistakes everywhere and because that was the final impression left with us because it's the last part of the game everyone thinks we had a bad game. But if you've recorded the game, watch the first half back and then don't bother watching the second half (i did this before work this morning) and you'll realise how well we played...i'll repeat, we were the better team in the first half - away, at the best team in the world!

When we put 4 past the rags next week this game will be forgotten onwards and upwards Mcfc 4 ever.

Exactly, thats what bravo should have done, will he now be banned for the remaining games in this group. I think we played ok tonight but that mistake may come back to bite us.
Really? You get a 3 game ban for a red card that isn't violent conduct?

Patience is needed. It's early days. We were spoiled with amazing early form and results. Those have stagnated. We've still played some incredible football. We battered Everton and for the first ten/fifteen last night we were the better side and we looked excellent. We were playing the Barca way, finding pockets of space and it worked. We probably lacked a central target in Aguero but Pep clearly is struggling to get the balance right with Silva and/or De Bruyne. That's our biggest issue in an attacking sense. Two incredible talents that can play together against lesser teams but on nights like last night De Bruyne is pushed out wide to accommodate Silva centrally and allow Gundogan and Fernandinho to play.

It fell apart with stupid errors. We need to eradicate those but Rome wasn't built in a day. It will take time and we will become a more ruthless and efficient side. The result isn't a fair reflection but it is a wake up call. We need to get back to winning ways this weekend but if we play like we did at times last night we will.

Great post, we are a rub of the green away from beating these teams

Tactical error not to get Sergio on at half time. We'd pushed them back at end of 1st half and they had 3 out of 4 defenders out of normal position. That was the perfect time to make the sub and continue to push for the equaliser, not when we're 3 down and only 10 men.

Haven't time to go through all the pages so sorry if said already

Putting the same key players to play against those big boys over and over again and expecting different results? ;) ... Koralov, Zabaleta, Clichy, Silva, Fernandinho, or even Aguero...

We keep making mistakes and of course a team like Barca can punish them. Even teams like Everton, Spurs, Celtic punished our mistakes and got a draw or win against us. Barca is way above any of these teams.

But when Pochettino saw Kolarov/Zab starting and Enrique saw the same last night I am sure they were very happy.

We need to come up with some ideas that we can actually perform against top sides. Chelsea away, Arsenal away, Liverpool away, we need to get something out of these fixtures instead of just losing them trough silly mistakes and bad finishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.