Barca v City Post Match Thread

Funny how this is the first game we have matched Barcelona yet is our heaviest defeat in the CL

We keep making mistakes and of course a team like Barca can punish them. Even teams like Everton, Spurs, Celtic punished our mistakes and got a draw or win against us. Barca is way above any of these teams.

But when Pochettino saw Kolarov/Zab starting and Enrique saw the same last night I am sure they were very happy.

We need to come up with some ideas that we can actually perform against top sides. Chelsea away, Arsenal away, Liverpool away, we need to get something out of these fixtures instead of just losing them trough silly mistakes and bad finishing.

Good post. Sagna injured doesn't help of course but in the 2 biggest games of the season so far Pep has gone with what I, you and a hell of a lot others would also claim our worse full back combination right now and its puzzling.

I'm hugely encouraged and excited by that performance. I know it sounds odd but I think we are right on their shoulders now. I think this team, with the defensive additions which will come over the next two windows, can and will win the Champions League. I'm sure many people have commented on the bad luck and errors, but I maintain my belief that nobody can live with our attacking players when they get going, and we showed that when it was 11v11 and 10v10.

Funny how this is the first game we have matched Barcelona yet is our heaviest defeat in the CL

I will ask you again seeing you ignored my earlier question.

You claim nothing has changed the way we play and you seem unhappy with that situation.

How do you want us to set up and play and is there a manager out there you feel would do it better?

You don't read my posts. I've seen a massive improvement in the way we play but we have still come up short in the 4 toughest games we have played this season. I don't feel there is anyone better out there.

But the love in on this board is pathetic. Once we've beaten decent opposition then I'll start signing from the rooftops

You don't read my posts. I've seen a massive improvement in the way we play but we have still come up short in the 4 toughest games we have played this season. I don't feel there is anyone better out there.

But the love in on this board is pathetic. Once we've beaten decent opposition then I'll start signing from the rooftops

You're going to look daft by the end of this season.

Once we've beaten decent opposition then I'll start signing from the rooftops

You see its statements like this that is frankly laughable and allows posters like yourself to move the goalposts as and when it suits.

We won our first 10 competitive games and we sit top of the PL and 2nd in the CL because of it.

Losing to Barca is no disgrace and Spurs aside, its been a magnificent start to the season.

To try and claim nothing has changed is just laughable imo.

We played nobody decent. Celtic were the first team to run at us and we shit ourselves.
Tottenham played us off the park.

I've already said we have improved but not to the degree people on here would have you believe. Stop twisting my words

You're going to look daft by the end of this season.

I've just said once we start beating decent teams I'll start the love in. I've not once said it won't happen. People are taking what I say and twisting it so they can have a go

You see its statements like this that is frankly laughable and allows posters like yourself to move the goalposts as and when it suits.

We won our first 10 competitive games and we sit top of the PL and 2nd in the CL because of it.

Losing to Barca is no disgrace and Spurs aside, its been a magnificent start to the season.

To try and claim nothing has changed is just laughable imo.

Whilst I agree with you, it's a simplistic view... we know that even though we did win those 10 games, the signs were there in the last couple that we were starting to struggle a little bit!
Losing to Barca is no disgrace as you say... but handing them the game on a plate is!
All that said, I have faith in the club and Pep that we will sort it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.