Barca v City Post Match Thread

Now I'm generally the most pessimistic person in the world when it comes to city and I'm still doubtful about Pep. However even I'm shocked by those saying we were poor this and shit that. We matched and bettered Barcelona for large swathes of the match anyone who thinks otherwise didn't actually watch it and have been reading the Rag media.

Scary thing is barca were poor last night and still won 4-0 still don't think we are far behind them and fancy us to beat them at ours
They weren't poor. We were simply better than they were until error and madness took over.
Credit should be given where it's due.

Some blue tinted specs on here, we were shocking from back to front, some terrible performances out there and no belief in ourselves at all, the manager fucked up again & only sterling can hold his head up & maybe Dave .
Asking inferior players to become Barcelona will see us get some more hammerings.

You said you wouldn't touch Stones with a barge pole before we signed him so I'm thinking you are not a good judge of footballing quality.

They weren't poor. We were simply better than they were until error and madness took over.
Credit should be given where it's due.

People do seem to confuse not being at their best with poor!

Barca weren't poor but they were not at their best and that in part was because we made life difficult for them and then made it really easy for them with a few instances of poor play.

On the evidence of the Celtic and United games, I'm willing to bet that if Zabaleta hadn't gotten injured and we put Fernando on around 55 minutes, we wouldnt've conceded 4. He's important.

A mistake from Bravo cost us. Still rather him than Hart in this system though.

I don't disagree that a player to do his role is important and he has some of the qualities but his passing and speed of thought just isn't good enough for what pep wants.....we need two fernandihnos or another Ilkay .....barca would just have passed around the cumbersome fernando

People do seem to confuse not being at their best with poor!

Barca weren't poor but they were not at their best and that in part was because we made life difficult for them and then made it really easy for them with a few instances of poor play.
Ok
So they weren't at their best cos we didn't allow them to play the way they wanted.
We were the better team and in control for long spells.
As I said, the boys deserve credit for that and I think we have a good chance of beating them at home.
It's not as gloomy as some like to make out.

Basically we are getting there, in the overall picture the 4-0 defeat doesn't matter. Pep plays it is way and instant success isn't part of it. The performances of late have been good and that's the most important thing. There are many aspects to Peps game they can't all be mastered by everyone in such a short time. Be patient.

After rewatching the game I still can't believe we were not leading at half-time.

We'll shit 'em in a couple of weeks.

I suggest anyone who is calling us shit and the tactics were all wrong rewatch the match now. And if you still think, individual errors aside, we were shit, i.e. the tactics were wrong, mentality, overall play etc then I'd suggest you know sweet FA about football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.