Barca v City Post Match Thread

Agree with lots of posts on here about it being our best performance v Barca.......but we have got to start keeping the ball so much better.
De Bruyne ala last season giving the ball away in dangerous areas and resulting in a goal.....same with Gundogan added to some awful defending.
Kolorov has improved this season.... But really should not be near the first team and should have made sure he won the ball with his tackle for their first goal.
Zabaleta has come in for some stick on here....but he did OK last night and the score was still 1.0 when he got injured.

No problem with Peps team selection for last night.....he can't plan for some of the basic errors that were made last night or for the slip from Fernandinho

At the moment the season seems like a carbon copy of last season with a great start a sudden dip in form.... The difference is that we have a much better coach in place who has only had one transfer window to improve and replace some of the old squad.....still don't agree with Hart being replaced, however he Pep has to be trusted on this one.

Aguero is the best striker in the premiership.... But should not be guaranteed a starting place ( same goes for everyone)....but I feel he now needs to step up a notch and improve his consistency, otherwise he will be following Hart out of the club.

We have still got so much going for us....however the last few weeks have been a wake up call and we are still 2 or 3 players short of being able to challenge the euro elite.

Oh do fuck off. Hate this where we've come from bollocks.We've spent hundreds of millions. We aren't that city any more and we pay for that on the turnstiles. Tonight was fuckin awful.

Wasn't saying that and you can cut out the abuse. The poster was saying we wouldn't do this or that in the future.
I was just pointing out, that 8 years ago you couldn't see where we are today. So nobody can say for sure.

After the first goal we lost our nerve, after the second we didnt believe.

we then folded- you right no luck involved in the way Barca went about their business and we went about ours.

I am still quietly confident we can cause an upset at the Etihad based on what i saw.

We have a chance but we saw last night just how clinical they can be. I would still make them favourites but we have a chance.

Some blue tinted specs on here, we were shocking from back to front, some terrible performances out there and no belief in ourselves at all, the manager fucked up again & only sterling can hold his head up & maybe Dave .
Asking inferior players to become Barcelona will see us get some more hammerings.

Some blue tinted specs on here, we were shocking from back to front, some terrible performances out there and no belief in ourselves at all, the manager fucked up again & only sterling can hold his head up & maybe Dave .
Asking inferior players to become Barcelona will see us get some more hammerings.
The game plan worked well until we gifted them the goal,not too bad until bravo's brain fart then went to pieces,as you say sterling did well

City fans with blue tinted specs. Surely not ;-)

There are tinted specs and there are blindfolds

Don't agree at all.

We were not shocking from back to front and could have been leading at halftime. Not sure where you get the Dave performance from. I also don't agree we could get more hammerings. We played the best team in the world last night.

O ye of little faith.

Couldn't disagree more....we had numerous chances to score, which is more than in any other game vs Barca and until the red card had restricted them to half chances (apart from the slip and the goal of course). We fell apart after the red card but to say we were shocking from back to front is ridiculous.

Listen to Pep's interviews.

And read "Pep Confidential."

Your opinion is 100% wrong.

Ok I can accept that.

I also know my opinion in Peps World is worth not a single jot.

But hey I'm a City fan with an opinion just chewing the fat in the aftermath of a game we lost 4-0 away at Barca with the keeper having an absolute "brain fart".

We move on and hopefully we can get the train back on the rails at home to Southampton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.