Barca

CC1

Please merge if already posted. No mention from media how well City actually did against Barca..... we were ' not up to the level'. Suddenly when German FFP masters are soundly trounced it's all because of Messi's brilliance.

We deserved some credit & Bayern were not at that level!!

Well said matey.. I couldn't give a flying what they all say.. We know and that's all that matters.. I feel for pep a little, his plan was working to a degree for 77 mins.. , then up stepped a magician.. if he turns it on, there's not a lot anyone can do about it..

And don't forget the fact that we played with 10 men in the last 20mins in the first game. And what if Sergio had scored that penalty...

Certainly our results against Barca look good but lets be fair a mixture of bad finishing by Barca and Joe H. heroics kept the scoreline down from humiliation proportions.
The press rightly saluted Messi in both the Bayern and both City games.

SilverFox2 said:
Certainly our results against Barca look good but lets be fair a mixture of bad finishing by Barca and Joe H. heroics kept the scoreline down from humiliation proportions.

Yet Neuer is considered a far better keeper than Joe , perhaps if the germans had joe in goal , they would still have a chance of reaching the final.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
SilverFox2 said:

Yet Neuer is considered a far better keeper than Joe , perhaps if the germans had joe in goal , they would still have a chance of reaching the final.
The more I see Neuer the more I think he is nothing better than a very good keeper. Yes he flys out of his net and acts like a sweeper but then so did Scouse Brucie all those years ago. When he comes up against a team/player that actually gets at the Bayern defence he isn't all that i.e. Sergio. The problem he has is that in the German league he is rarely tested and so the goals against column is always low.

From the DT this morning: "FIVE THINGS WE HAVE LEARNT by Richard Martin at the Nou Camp

1 Injury crisis hurts Guardiola

Though they won the Bundesliga at a canter and have obliterated opponents such as Porto, Manchester City and Shakhtar Donetsk . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

I can't be bothered to see whether they obliterated Shakhtar or Porto, but Dick by name and Dick by nature Martin certainly hasn't bothered looking up the actual scores for the two group matches we played against the might of the Bundesliga. To refresh his apparently fading Rag memory, we lost by a single goal in Munich and won by a single goal at The Etihad. Some games, some obliterations!

The agenda is alive and well in the RagDipperMeedya where history is revised on a daily basis!!

SilverFox2 said:

Sick of this bollocks argument people turn to. If City hadn't have played like shite in the first half things might have been different. If Messi only had one leg things might have been different.

Judge a game on what occurred not on ifs buts and maybes. City really took the game to Barca and it's only because they'd been hit and miss in the first half of the season that we didn't get more credit. This calendar year despite the apparent turmoil and the talk of Messi falling out with the manager, they've been the best side in Europe by a country mile.

Having watched both legs of the game with PSG and indeed last night I'd say that we caused them the most problems. We got right at them and they were rattled. We had so many good chances but typically with Messi the way he is they created a hell of a lot. We paid them too much respect yes, but they were fantastic and Messi was incredible in the 2nd leg.

PSG got nowhere near them and Bayern had some spells of good possession. They certainly looked on par if not better than Barca at times but they crumbled and lost 3-0...

For me, it is yet another sign that things aren't that bad. Juventus proved how good a team can be in Europe despite perhaps not having star individuals. They played to their strengths and were worthy of the win. Chelsea are not a million miles ahead of us domestically. I fully believe we could have beaten PSG over two legs. I also think we'd beat Chelsea if we played them over two legs.

It's just a case of refreshing the squad and by the looks of it that's what we will do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.