Barcelona (A) | Charity Friendly | Post Match Thread

They all showed glimpes of what they might become in the future if your judging them on one game then no words
I didn’t say they were bad players or not good enough, I said they didn’t stand out and I’d have thought one of them might have taken the opportunity.

I stand by the reply to them only playing at 50%, they shouldn’t be, they’ve been given an opportunity to impress.

Palmer, JWE, Mbete, Lewis, Mbete etc shouldn’t be playing at 50%. They’ve been given an opportunity in the first time, at the Nou camp, in front of 90,000 fans.
We’ve only got one Mbete, as far as I can recall, and he only played for 25 minutes. Wouldn’t judge him too harshly on that. Palmer and Lewis did alright too imo. What were you actually expecting from them tonight?!

It’s a friendly. Where players are trying not to get injured. Because more important games are coming up. If you think Pep is judging the young players based on tonight you’re deluded.
Of course he’s judging them, why else would he give them minutes?

He’s not making a judgement based solely on this game, but you can bet he’s taking it into account.

A very worthwhile cause that I'm glad we're supporting, although I do wish we could have fit this one in during preseason.

Got a bit of warm weather training and team bonding in, and got some much needed minutes into the legs of players who haven't featured much yet.

Hard to judge the performance, the nature of the match and the number of substitutions meant everything was a little disjointed and chaotic. A few mistakes that need ironing out for competitive matches.

Nice to see some of the younger kids get some game time too, although I don't think any of them will be seeing significant first team minutes, this season at least.

Injuries to Phillips and Mbete could have happened anywhere but it's always sickening when they happen in a friendly. Phillips seemed in good spirits going off so hopefully it was just a tweak and nothing serious.

Mbete is a concern though. Hopefully not as bad as it looked. Wouldn't be surprised if we have to leave him in Spain for a little while due to not being fit to fly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.