Barcelona (A) - Charity Friendly | Wed 24th Aug 20:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on City. Come on City. We are a club that supports the community. Not just our own community.
The lad they are raising the money for is a friend and ex-colleague of Pep and co so good on them.

Money isn’t everything and by that I mean that people have been giving out about City raising prices and trying to get money out of us in all sorts of ways. That money we make our choice on. If we want to buy a drink/food it’s our choice.
The money raised tonight is for a good cause and I hope they raise a heck of a lot. I am proud of our club for playing this game. It’s just like a training game really. Nothing to win, nothing to lose.

Well done City. Not ruining charity matches but applauding and supporting charity.
We’ve not become so selfish that the only thing that matters are trophies surely? People matter more. Great work from the best team in the land and the world. :-)

Sorry sermon over now!! ;-) :-)

I know we need rhythm, but we really cannot afford to use and of our main back 4 in this game. As it stands, we only have to fit CB's and Pep hasn't really answered what's wrong with Ake either.

Come on City. Come on City. We are a club that supports the community. Not just our own community.
The lad they are raising the money for is a friend and ex-colleague of Pep and co so good on them.

Money isn’t everything and by that I mean that people have been giving out about City raising prices and trying to get money out of us in all sorts of ways. That money we make our choice on. If we want to buy a drink/food it’s our choice.
The money raised tonight is for a good cause and I hope they raise a heck of a lot. I am proud of our club for playing this game. It’s just like a training game really. Nothing to win, nothing to lose.

Well done City. Not ruining charity matches but applauding and supporting charity.
We’ve not become so selfish that the only thing that matters are trophies surely? People matter more. Great work from the best team in the land and the world. :-)

Sorry sermon over now!! ;-) :-)
No, you are right, it's a decent cause - no one is saying its not...it’s the TIMING of it that's ludicrous, in a premiership season where we’ve two months off in winter and nearly two weeks off in September?- It’s a ‘no-brainer’ that this charity match should have been done in the summer. So, in summary, the sentiment is fine, but the timing is potential suicide - surely you can see that?

I know we need rhythm, but we really cannot afford to use and of our main back 4 in this game. As it stands, we only have to fit CB's and Pep hasn't really answered what's wrong with Ake either.
Stones could do the minutes as Sunday’s performance highlighted however it is a risk with Ake & Laporte injured. If the game is going to be competitive it would be useful he could have another 45 minutes.

Grealish didnt travel i dont think.
A lad in Barcelona spotted both Grealish and Ake (and had some video as proof) with the team when they arrived, even though they're both injured and won't play. I'm assuming Pep wanted them to still travel to Spain so they didn't miss out on the team bonding time, nice weather and hotel.

No, you are right, it's a decent cause - no one is saying its not...it’s the TIMING of it that's ludicrous, in a premiership season where we’ve two months off in winter and nearly two weeks off in September?- It’s a ‘no-brainer’ that this charity match should have been done in the summer. So, in summary, the sentiment is fine, but the timing is potential suicide - surely you can see that?
No I can't but that could be because to me winning trophies etc is not the be all and end all of life. Having care for your friends and family comes first. The club obviously sees this and are not daft enough not to have taken everything in to account. JMHO :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.