Barcelona (A) - Charity Friendly | Wed 24th Aug 20:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally don’t give a shit how long you’ve supported City if you’re gobbing off about something in aid of ALS you’re a tool IMHO.

I can only hope none of you moaners ever have someone you care about contract ALS. It’s a hell of a lot worse than John Stones picking up a calf strain.

And just making shit up about it somehow “favouring” Barcelona is absolutely abhorrent.
I’ve not made any shit up about Barcelona or made any reference to the charity, in fact if you read previous posts of mine on this topic, I’ve stated I’m in favour of the charity For obvious reasons.. You need to stop arguing with and slating different people, who have posted different things.. Read my post underneath this taken from page 1 of the thread ..

Last edited:
They’ve had no favours off us and this is for charity. What favours have Barca had off us???? We sold them Ferrán Torres for £55m. We employ their greatest ever manager. We literally own one of their local rivals. We didn’t sell them Bernardo Silva…

How many fucking times… it’s for CHARITY in honour of a good friend of our manager who has a debilitating disease - it is not a favour for Barcelona. Anyone bitching about potential injuries just looks like an absolute tool IMHO.

Get over yourself.

Honestly there area so many self-entitled whinging cry babies on this fucking forum. Feel like I’ve stumbled on to RAWK or red cafe at times. Go support the dippers, Klopp seems like your kind of manager.
Agree with everything you’ve said but the timing of the game is just dumb. Makes no sense.

They’ve had no favours off us and this is for charity. What favours have Barca had off us???? We sold them Ferrán Torres for £55m. We employ their greatest ever manager. We literally own one of their local rivals. We didn’t sell them Bernardo Silva…

How many fucking times… it’s for CHARITY in honour of a good friend of our manager who has a debilitating disease - it is not a favour for Barcelona. Anyone bitching about potential injuries just looks like an absolute tool IMHO.

Get over yourself.

Honestly there area so many self-entitled whinging cry babies on this fucking forum. Feel like I’ve stumbled on to RAWK or red cafe at times. Go support the dippers, Klopp seems like your kind of manager.
I'll have you know I supported Liverpool through thick and thin in the 70's and 80's, so being told by a bitter Bert like you to support them now is a bit rich. Why don't you jog on and support Barca if you love them so much?

Can see it being something like:

Ortega
Lewis, Stones, Mbete, Gomez
Bernardo, Phillips, Foden
Palmer, Haaland, Alvarez

Decent enough side - gets all the new signings some much needed game time, gives an opportunity to a couple of kids, and ensures a sprinkling of first teamers who are a bit behind get some more minutes in their legs.

But crucially doesn’t take too many risks - I’d keep Ruben, Kyle, Joao, Rodri, Gundo and Kev well away from this game.

Mahrez is maybe the only other who would be worth playing - assuming Ake and Grealish both stayed home in Manchester.
I'd have Stones & Haaland no where near it, the rest seems ok.

I see jokingly some have mentioned we send the girls team to play the fixture

Hasn't OVO Steph Houghton's husband succumbed to this appalling disease.

I wonder if she has been involved by the club in some way.

Last edited:
Not that bothered having a midweek friendly, especially since it's for a good cause. Could give some fitness/gametime to some of our players who weren't involved in pre-season or haven't played much, like Phillips, Stones, Alvarez etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.