Barcelona & FFP

I'd say they deliberately falsified their accounts. If they sold something over a ten year period, then even I know that should be accounted for on an annual basis for each of those ten years, even if there was an upfront payment for 100% of the deal.

And they got a sub-€1m fine for that whereas we were fined €10m for non-cooperation in a case we'd been cleared of wrongdoing. Hope UEFA take them to the cleaners when they fail FFP.
interesting, I bow to your expertise here. No wonder CAS said the fine was very light. looks like they could have been banned then

But they won't be able to claim the income for FFP.
would fair market value come in to it though as surely disposing of an asset like a hotel is legitimate revenue. Otherwise there's no point in owning anything. To be honest I'm getting tired of all this bullshit dancing around trying to pass some stupid rules. just let them do what they want, if they go pop then they go pop.

I'd say they deliberately falsified their accounts. If they sold something over a ten year period, then even I know that should be accounted for on an annual basis for each of those ten years, even if there was an upfront payment for 100% of the deal.

And they got a sub-€1m fine for that whereas we were fined €10m for non-cooperation in a case we'd been cleared of wrongdoing. Hope UEFA take them to the cleaners when they fail FFP.
Barça are treated very strangely by the authorities.

They were only fined €300 for being found guilty of tapping up Griezmann… yes, you read that correctly, three-hundred-Euros.

would fair market value come in to it though as surely disposing of an asset like a hotel is legitimate revenue. Otherwise there's no point in owning anything. To be honest I'm getting tired of all this bullshit dancing around trying to pass some stupid rules. just let them do what they want, if they go pop then they go pop.
Ironically, UEFA's rules on intra-group transactions came about after we sold IP to ourselves when setting up City Football Marketing and City Football Services in 2013. I'm not 100% sure but although it's not an illegal transaction and Chelsea can keep the money, I believe UEFA will not allow the revenue from the hotel sale to be used in their FFP calculation.

But when you think about it, surely it's disguised equity investment or the equivalent of an owner, interest free loan.

Ironically, UEFA's rules on intra-group transactions came about after we sold IP to ourselves when setting up City Football Marketing and City Football Services in 2013. I'm not 100% sure but although it's not an illegal transaction and Chelsea can keep the money, I believe UEFA will not allow the revenue from the hotel sale to be used in their FFP calculation.

But when you think about it, surely it's disguised equity investment or the equivalent of an owner, interest free loan.
yeah it's just another RPT really so should be treated as such. The things sold do have value it's just a question of what that value is, which we all know is almost impossible to judge on. For example the hotel stuff, huge London property could be £50m, profit from the hotel for 30 years £50m, christ knows it could be be anything really.

CAS have thrown out their TV rights deal.
Looks like they'll now fail ffp as Uefa put it on hold whilst Barca appealed.

Haaland, Bernie, the tea lady still signing ? Yeh right.

It also puts Chelseas hotel deal in doubt.

Yeah failing uefa ffp it's a slap on the wrist! A fine and at worse a squad reduction

Barça are treated very strangely by the authorities.

They were only fined €300 for being found guilty of tapping up Griezmann… yes, you read that correctly, three-hundred-Euros.

But probably money they didn't actually have :)

UEFA / PL / FA common denominator - as bent as fuck, but compliant/lenient and sympathetic where certain clubs are concerned.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.