Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
robbieh said:
This should be interesting. An advantage the English teams might have is that we are battle hardened. Every PL game is tough. Not so in Spain and Germany. Barca for me are a bit of an unknown. People say they are not the team of two years ago. And they got a drubbing by Bayern last year.

They may underestimate us.And our power may trouble them.For me Yaya is key. Can't see Busquets and an ageing Xavi enjoy him running at them. If Silva can outshine Iniesta we can win this.

Barca are still Barca, they for me are still the best attacking team in Europe and still the best possession team, but they have weaknesses in defence and physicallity as a team in my opinion.

Where I am hoping we can get at them is physically as a team, be first to every ball, intense in our pressing and try and get Yaya the space to power through their midfield.

They will out pass us and they will score but we need to focus on getting the best out of our attacking players to get chances on their goal, and for me their defence will give you a chance or two.

Worst thing we can do is sit back and allow them to play.

To be perfectly honest if we dont take a lead to barcelona i wouldn't be worried even a draw or a narrow defeat,as going to munich and coming back from two down will hold no fears for the players,and i would reckon its barca who know what we are capable of that will be the fear for them....

I really can't wait for this, it's a dream come true.

I think we'll line up like this

Hart
Zabba Kompany Demichelis Clichy (?)
Nasri Garcia Yaya Silva
Jovetic
Negredo

Would be great to see Agureo and Fernandinho on the bench, even better starting but I think it's too soon for them.

The biggest question mark for me is who gets the nod from Pellers at Left Back.

AucklandBlue said:
I really can't wait for this, it's a dream come true.

I think we'll line up like this

Hart
Zabba Kompany Demichelis Clichy (?)
Nasri Garcia Yaya Silva
Jovetic
Negredo

Would be great to see Agureo and Fernandinho on the bench, even better starting but I think it's too soon for them.

The biggest question mark for me is who gets the nod from Pellers at Left Back.

Kolorov too risky so Clichy.

Also I would take Jovetic out and put Navas in.

....................Hart...............

Zab...komps....Lescott....Clichy....

...........yaya......Garcia.....

Navas.........silva.........Nasri

..............Negredo..................

Re: Team for Barca after tonight?

01cravend said:
Hart
zabs, kompany, lescott, clichy
yaya, javi
nasri, silva, jovetic
negredo

would go with nasri over navas primarily as navas uses his pace to go past a man, and alba is quicker than him

Best 11 currently.

This side with Ferny in for Garcia and Sergio in for Negredo (albeit Negredo would be 1st choice in most teams), would more than give Barca a run for their money. Joleon also a slight concern, but best performance against the Chavs for many a moon.

Absolutely buzzing for this. I have no expectation going into the game, I just want to see us competing with the best in the world (AGAIN).

Pinch Pinch Pinch.

Win, lose or draw, all i want is to have pride in the way we perform in much the same way i have had pride in the vast majority of our performances this season.

Barca are a magnificent side with magnificent players but finally, we are very much in the same position and for once, they will not be looking forward to an easy night.

Play to our potential and it will be one of the greatest nights ever and im confident we will do something very special.

We are about to play in one of the highest profile ties the CL has ever seen and that is testament to just how far we have come as a side.

Happy days :-)

Re: Team for Barca after tonight?

01cravend said:
Hart
zabs, kompany, lescott, clichy
yaya, javi
nasri, silva, jovetic
negredo

would go with nasri over navas primarily as navas uses his pace to go past a man, and alba is quicker than him
during arsenal-liverpool game they said alba is out. monreal has been playing for spain but that was a while ago(last international game)

Rammyblues said:
I think Milner is suspended for the game. I am not bothered who plays to be honest and I am not really bothered what the score will be, if we win brilliant if not we move on. All I want is every hero who has the opportunity to pull on the sky blue shirt against Barca does so with the pride and privilege it deserves and that each one of them individually and collectively give their all so that at the end of the game at least the players will know, if we have got beat they couldn't have played any better and if that commitment to the cause is transmitted to the fans I hope we can appreciate, if we lose by being beaten by a better side.

FFS Rammy. You will have me in tears in a minute! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.