Barcelona (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to listen to Peps request and stop booing the CL anthem?

Seems to me the booing made it's point - I for one feel like getting behind the lads on a big Euro night, these are the nights we wanted when we were sh_t - now we have them let's start enjoying them!

PS I am fully aware of the reasons for the booing and wholeheartedly agree that UEFA are corrupt beyond reproach - but lets do it for the team! F_ck UEFA :)
Barca fans boo the jingle as well so it needs us to join in and add to the racket

Dortmund still play away to Real Madrid, so if Madrid win they are likely to go through, same with Atletico still going to Munchen - however no easy games from he four of them. With Leicester winning their group, Arsenal looking likely and spurs having a good chance, the best we can hope for is Napoli, Juve or Sevilla. Last 16 is going to be very tough.
If we finish top it'll be one of Juve/Sevilla, Munich/Atleti, Madrid/Dortmund, Benfica, PSG or Porto with Spurs looking likely to finish second so there's not much benefit, we shouldn't fear any of them anyway.

at the risk of sounding like a ****, where's the cedilla in the thread title?

Cedilla, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh, Cedilla, I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to come home

Happy now?

:)

No way. They always concentrate on the Champions League

They are not playing well in the league. Struggled again at the weekend according to reports, but I reckon they could be more dangerous on the counter away from home. I wasn't hugely impressed with them away from home. We beat ourselves. They had great individual technique that saw them take advantage of errors, but at half time I thought we could draw or even beat them.

I'd be very happy with a point. If we want to win the group, we have to beat them, but a point will go a long way to qualifying and if we qualify we can't play them in the next stage. Who else is there to worry about? Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Barca look like the best teams. Real Madrid and Bayern as well, but I don't think they are as good as they were. Main task is just to qualify.

I would play:

-----------------Willy
Sagna---Stones---Kompany---Clichy
------------Fernandinho
---Nolito----KDB---Silva--Sterling
----------------Aguero
I say this because they are still going to win the group. Getting a result in Sevilla is important for them in the league otherwise they could be in danger of chasing real heading into the their first meeting.

Think Barca would be ok with a point. We need a min of a point otherwise we will drop to 3rd

Barca fans boo the jingle as well so it needs us to join in and add to the racket

True - and C**tic will no doubt be booing it too.

I understand the reasons we boo it (You're not incredible, Moscow, FFP, Platini, Gill, Booing the enthem, Paper aeroplanes etc etc) just feel we could get behind the team and sing over it. That said the singing section will be half full of selfie sticks/half n halfs on Tuesday so 1894 et al will have their work cut out to get an atmosphere going.

Who's gonna get our obligatory Barca red?

My money is on Big Willy. So we have to play Angus for rest of the knockouts.

Very out of character for me v a top side but I've got a feeling we are going to win this one

Told my old fella before and he said " I thought it was me who was drinking last night " :)

Willy
Maffeo
Kompany
Stones
Clichy
Gundogan
Dinho
Silva
De bruyne
Nolito
Aguero

Really think maffeo deserves his chance and his extra pace could really help against their three amigos. Hope pep doesn't go 3 at the back as when Barca break we won't have the numbers back to cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.