Barcelona (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's gonna get our obligatory Barca red?

My money is on Big Willy. So we have to play Angus for rest of the knockouts.

Yep as hand ball stopping a goal has been upgraded from 1 match ban to 3 matches due to exceptional circumstances of a violent act on the ball.

I will go for VK injured within 25 mins and Oto sent around 55. 0-2.

Messi around 20 mins mark for reckless challenge on Fernandinho.
Chipmunk for biting the woodwork.

----------------Caballero
Otamendi---Kompany---Clichy
Sterling----------------------------Sane
------Fernando----Fernandinho
----Gundogan-----------De Bruyne
----------------Nolito

*Sterling and Sane to prioritize defending over attacking but still use their pace to get into good attacking positions with the Brazilian pair providing cover
*this may divide opinions but bringing Aguero in if we are in need for a goal is what I'd do whilst utilizing Nolito's pressing skills to good effect
*try to cut the supply to their front 3 as much as we can
*my prediction 2-0 city!

During an aerial challenge, Nolito's hair will brush Busquests who will drop like the £ and clutch his face like he'd just been headbutted by Anthony McPartlin.

Then they will go and score their usual 89th min+ goal...Used to be scored by Alves, Neymar last game...So usually Brazillian..I'll go Dinho og

No way. They always concentrate on the Champions League

They are not playing well in the league. Struggled again at the weekend according to reports, but I reckon they could be more dangerous on the counter away from home. I wasn't hugely impressed with them away from home. We beat ourselves. They had great individual technique that saw them take advantage of errors, but at half time I thought we could draw or even beat them.

I'd be very happy with a point. If we want to win the group, we have to beat them, but a point will go a long way to qualifying and if we qualify we can't play them in the next stage. Who else is there to worry about? Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Barca look like the best teams. Real Madrid and Bayern as well, but I don't think they are as good as they were. Main task is just to qualify.

I would play:

-----------------Willy
Sagna---Stones---Kompany---Clichy
------------Fernandinho
---Nolito----KDB---Silva--Sterling
----------------Aguero
Chelsea are favorites for me. Haven't conceded yet in the CL and I doubt they will.

----------------Caballero
Otamendi---Kompany---Clichy
Sterling----------------------------Sane
------Fernando----Fernandinho
----Gundogan-----------De Bruyne
----------------Nolito

*Sterling and Sane to prioritize defending over attacking but still use their pace to get into good attacking positions with the Brazilian pair providing cover
*this may divide opinions but bringing Aguero in if we are in need for a goal is what I'd do whilst utilizing Nolito's pressing skills to good effect
*try to cut the supply to their front 3 as much as we can
*my prediction 2-0 city!
Pep already confirmed Aguero will be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.