Barcelona Information Thread

kippaxkid said:
zabman , is there plenty of bars near the stadium for him ?

Yeah, loads on those streets I mentioned, which are streets next to the ground
None are big or the size we have over here (Spanish bars tend to be small joints with bar stools a TV in the corner on the wall and bottles of beer for €1-€2) but he'll definitely find somewhere showing the game, that sells beer and he'll be welcome - Barca fans are friendly and will be happy to get to know more about City and him!

Calella for us, with no pockets to pick as we'll have our trunks on.
Fly Monarch from Manny on Sunday n back Friday
All inclusive at H Top Amaika FOR £120 each for the five nights
More or less on the beach and only five minute walk from the train station
Pie n mash land and fun fun fun in the sun
This is the real Spain with none of that unpretentious cosmopolitan twaddle of Gaudi and the las Ramblas
Happyville indeed
Wish you were here !

Taximania said:
This is the real Spain with none of that unpretentious cosmopolitan twaddle of Gaudi and the las Ramblas
Happyville indeed
Wish you were here !

we at calella too , in the poor mans h.top Olympic , doing sunday/sunday ....

Taximania said:
Happyville indeed
Wish you were here !
Don't say it's the real 'Spain' in Calella. You'll be lynched and served in paella. Out in the hinterland, it's real Catalunya. NIce place in the summer but it won't have the nightlife of BCN in the winter.

Can any of you shed any light on barcelona's policy for selling tickets for big champs league games like this? The website is showing that none are currently on sale, but I can't see they'll be sold out so far in advance.

There are likely to be a number of ticketless fans there.

Didsbury Dave said:
Can any of you shed any light on barcelona's policy for selling tickets for big champs league games like this? The website is showing that none are currently on sale, but I can't see they'll be sold out so far in advance.

I asked a contact in our Barca office about this, who came back saying its pretty much sold out... Not saying this is gospel, but was the message I got back yesterday as we were thinking it was a good way of getting in as not all of our party has the points required...

Didsbury Dave said:

From the club: There are temporarily no tickets available for this match.

At the moment there are no more tickets on sale. If further tickets become available thanks to the 'Seient Lliure' process (season ticket holders who release their seat for sale), tickets will go on sale again a few days before the match. Thank you for your interest.

Outside the ground there are usually a lot of people selling 'tickets' on match day.

bluespana said:
Didsbury Dave said:

From the club: There are temporarily no tickets available for this match.

At the moment there are no more tickets on sale. If further tickets become available thanks to the 'Seient Lliure' process (season ticket holders who release their seat for sale), tickets will go on sale again a few days before the match. Thank you for your interest.

Outside the ground there are usually a lot of people selling 'tickets' on match day.

Thanks mate.

zabman92 said:
berryblue said:
Barcelona is a City of thieves. You won't get far down the Ramblas without being stopped by someone for any reason. Don't carry Money, Passport, Mobile or anything valuable in unzipped pockets. Best of Luck!!!

SLIGHT exaggeration
There are many (foreign) thieves in Barcelona, just like London, Paris, Madrid and other touristy cities! The main thing is to not let your hair do so much that you forget common sense and try not to stick out like a sore thumb by reading large maps in busy areas and by carrying large rucksacks around!
Of course, keep all valuables in hard to access pockets and if you can, leave them in a safe at your hotel.

I would advise everyone to take two photocopies of their passport - one to carry around in your wallet and one to keep in your suitcase should you lose the other two and need to get home/prove who you are to the consulate!

I agree with everything you said. SLIGHT exaggeration was done on purpose to get fans thinking. Message was important and I was speaking from experience of walking around Barcelona. I was stopped often by drug sellers, and even by bogus Police demanding to see your cash. insinuating it is counterfeit and demanding credit cards. DON'T fall for it!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.